Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama Makes Comment About Lipstick On A Pig

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Stardrive on Sep 10 2008, 04:59 PM, said:

Since I live not too far from the place where the townhall meeting took place [Lebanon, Va.] they aired it live on one of the local TV stations so I watched it last night.

First, as has been pointed out, the “lipstick on a pig” analogy has been around for a while. I’ve seen posters on this forum use the same analogy in the past. So it’s nothing new.

Second, he was refering to the policies of the present Bush administration and the policies that McCain would persue if elected. He wasn’t talking about the “man” as the pig, but was talking about policy and stand on the issues, as the pig.

About hijacking Palin’s lipstick on a pitbull comment.  Can anyone tell me what McCain’s new campaign slogan is?

I was seriously concidering voting for McCain, but after reading this thread I’m forced to re-examine my decision.

Who you vote for is your decision as is the reason for your choice.  

But do you seriously think that if this had been turned around that Obama would not have taken it the same way?  (of course he doesn't wear lipstick .. or at least I hope he don't  blink.gif ) but you know what I am talking about..... during an election everything is taken personally ... so IMO everyone invovled needs to pay closer attention to what they say..... it can always come back and bite you.

And this goes for the McCain / Palin campaign as well!

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#32    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

Funny how as soon as we get a female candidate as VP there's "lipstick smears" all over the newspaper....

I agree that he probably wanted to pull the rug out from under her comment at the RNC but it backfired.  I don't understand who is coaching these people.  Certainly Obama is the man who should be president but he's got to pull it together.  He can't keep condemning the media for pointing out gaffs in his campaign.  No matter how unintended they are they indicate a carelessness on his part.

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#33    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:36 PM

Dude, where's my discourse?

This is right up there with Obama "flipping off" Hillary when he was scratching his nose (oh dang, watch someone resurrect that story now!). What, is he vying for the Bevis & Butthead vote? "Heh, heh.  He said pig!" Obama is perfectly capable of taking a swipe at McCain and has done so and that's what he was doing with that speech.

And the idea that he said it on purpose so he could deny doing so this morning is hilarious.  He's a one-man conspiracy!  It sounded to me, actually, watching the video, like Obama was grasping for a metaphor (something he does more often than some would like; damn him for not parroting talking points all day long!)--a metaphor, let's remember, to describe the warmed over Bush policies McCain is offering. I will stand corrected if there is video of him using the "lipstick on a pig" line anywhere else.

But he didn't and won't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgm1I8bVVE

#34    pendora

pendora

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• Life is an Occasion. Rise to it!

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:42 PM

BlindMessiah on Sep 10 2008, 12:24 AM, said:

I know why he referenced lipstick, but if you read the context of his quote, he's calling Bush a pig not Palin. He simply stole Palin's line.

um...no
he didn't steal anything

it's a well enough known phrase....if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig

~  It amazes me that some people think their skepticism is of any importance to me at all.  ~

#35    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,004 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix, ******** can't be.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:54 PM

[quote name='HKCavalier' date='Sep 10 2008, 11:36 AM' post='2489199']
Dude, where's my discourse?

This is right up there with Obama "flipping off" Hillary when he was scratching his nose (oh dang, watch someone resurrect that story now!). What, is he vying for the Bevis & Butthead vote? "Heh, heh.  He said pig!" Obama is perfectly capable of taking a swipe at McCain and has done so and that's what he was doing with that speech.

And the idea that he said it on purpose so he could deny doing so this morning is hilarious.  He's a one-man conspiracy!  It sounded to me, actually, watching the video, like Obama was grasping for a metaphor (something he does more often than some would like; damn him for not parroting talking points all day long!)--a metaphor, let's remember, to describe the warmed over Bush policies McCain is offering. I will stand corrected if there is video of him using the "lipstick on a pig" line anywhere else.

But he didn't and won't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgm1I8bVVE

I am astounded at the things people waste time over.....

Politics is analogous to a reality show .....

its unfortunnate that  in order to try and use your life to be the difference  or serve the public  it has  becomes the paris Hilton be my BFF.....

this is what  needs to change , the process itself has to be intelligent  and mature and about things  that matter........

who cares..

#36    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

pendora on Sep 10 2008, 06:42 PM, said:

um...no
he didn't steal anything

it's a well enough known phrase....if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig

No really? He only used the line because she mentioned lipstick just recently.

#37    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:15 PM

So what?

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users