Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sex Ed For Kindergartners

IrishAidan07

What ya think?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neognosis

• IrishAidan07

• eqgumby

• AROCES

Childhood is innocense. let kids be kids for as long as they can. Kindergaten is too early.

In this day and age the education system should put in place a saftey plan for kids and educate them about Improper behaviour in regardes to "Good and Bad" Touching. This would be more benifishial at that age.

Giving kids the chance at an early age to speak out and protect themselves and knowing the difference between unfortunate potential circumstances.

With out putting undue pressures on still but babies, teach them on the same lines as Stranger Danger ect.

Children are intuitive, given gentle prompt to protect themselves, they are not to young that they dont see the importance of recognizing danger.

Self esteem is another, help chidren grow to not be afraid of who they are inside and out.

Love and the importance of friendship is another.

Kids learn and grow all in good time, parents and teachers need to inform at a later age, possably year 5-6. The body and hormons start to change then, and will stop kids being afraid of what they hear aboutand dont yet know.

Education Obama???? Promote Scholorships that dont involve just the hype and the dollar signs for big Buisiness.

Give lower income students a better chance at achieving, and provide.

I think explaining where babies come from is O.K. But they need to stress that kids do not belong doing such things. Explain that it is for adults only.

I think it's O.K. for teens, so long as it is safe. But when explaining it to little kids, stick to "Adults Only."

Edited by IrishAidan

Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing the bill in question had with regard to children was anti-pedophilia provisions to make kids aware of what constitutes inappropriate touching. At no point would children be taught anything about sex.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing the bill in question had with regard to children was anti-pedophilia provisions to make kids aware of what constitutes inappropriate touching. At no point would children be taught anything about sex.

I don't honestly know. Good point, though, if that is the case.

Why do we need govt for kindergarten education? Can't have politicians deciding on such matter, leave that to the parents and schools.

I can picture 30 kiddies saying in unison:

B-o-y-s h-a-v-e p-e-n-i-s-e-s g-i-r-l-s h-a-v-e v-a-g-i-n-a-s

:P;)

Someone has been watchin' an Arnold movie...

Edited by IrishAidan

You have to be a complete idiot to believe what the add alludes to...that Obama wanted to teach the sex ed we all had in the 6th grade to kindergarten children.

No. No. Let kids be kids. I think this is a stupid idea! I'm sorry but kindergartening is too young.

God. What goes though that man's head?!

You have to be a complete idiot to believe what the add alludes to...that Obama wanted to teach the sex ed we all had in the 6th grade to kindergarten children.

No. No. Let kids be kids. I think this is a stupid idea! I'm sorry but kindergartening is too young.

God. What goes though that man's head?!

Neo: What's your point? All you did was quotes.

I don't care. I'm against this idea. I think it's really dumb.

My point was that obama does NOT want to teach "sex ed" to kindergarteners. At least not what you and everyone else is thinking of as "sex ed."

First of all, any parent with an ounce of sense teaches their child, at an early age what constitutes inappropiate touching. But to teach sex ed to 5 & 6 year olds is rediculous. They would have no comprehension of what was being talked about, and they probably could care less. If even the slightest possibility of this was going to be done in our schools, the parents would be up in arms. Sixth graders are taught, and from what I understand, they snicker and laugh at the video's, so how could one possibly explain sex to a little one. Leave the kids alone, let them enjoy being young, stop pushing nonsense on them.

edit: I just read Neo's post and would like to know what exactly is the type of sex ed Obama is talking about.

Edited by goalienan

Hahaha... It's not a tumour!!!

I just read Neo's post and would like to know what exactly is the type of sex ed Obama is talking about.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics...n_obama_se.html

---the legislation allowed local school boards to teach "age-appropriate" sex education, not comprehensive lessons to kindergartners, and it gave schools the ability to warn young children about inappropriate touching and sexual predators.---

You are a moron distracted by shiny things (not YOU specifically...although maybe) if you actually believe what McCain is trying to subtly allude to.

--Obama supported age-appropriate instruction so that children as young as kindergartners would be able to tell the difference between appropriate affection and abuse. --

Come on people, look up from the grass you are grazing on and do a little research before you let politicains scare you with nonsense like this.

Obama supported a law that advocated teaching Kindergarteners where is is inappropriate for an adult to try to touch them. GASP! HORRIBLE! wrong for our families!

Idiots. No wonder we elect the clowns we elect. We are a nation of sheep who are too complacent and, frankly, dumb, to know nonsense when we hear it.

Neo: What's your point? All you did was quotes.

I don't care. I'm against this idea. I think it's really dumb.

This is not news, this is a political ad from a campaign that follows karl Rove-style politics.

The bill in question is not to teach sex education at all, it's to teach kids what constitutes as inappropriate touching. is that wrong?

This is not news, this is a political ad from a campaign that follows karl Rove-style politics.

The bill in question is not to teach sex education at all, it's to teach kids what constitutes as inappropriate touching. is that wrong?

You need a freking govt bill for that???????????? :rolleyes:

It was only PART of a bill.

And seeing as how some conservatives loose their sanity anytime anyone even mentions teaching children about sex, yea, you would need a bill to mention "good touch, bad touch" in school.

Look at how some of you are freaking out on this thread, which isn't even based in truth.

It was only PART of a bill.

And seeing as how some conservatives loose their sanity anytime anyone even mentions teaching children about sex, yea, you would need a bill to mention "good touch, bad touch" in school.

Look at how some of you are freaking out on this thread, which isn't even based in truth.

We loose sanity when you libs wants the govt as the mentor in our way of life.

The truth is that is how you want to instill your liberal ideas, plant it on an early age to kids. Why do you think you want education control instead of leaving it to parents, schools and communities?

Edited by AROCES

I'm quite sure that "we libs" don't want to make the gov't a mentor in your way of life. Nor do we want to "instill liberal ideas" in your children. Well, not unless you count teaching kids the dignity of other human beings, kindness, sharing, equanity, and respect for other people, cultures, and ideas. GASP! Horrible! Save us from the Liberals!

If you look up from the Kool Aid once in a while, Aroces, you might realize that most liberals are not what you say they are.

I'm quite sure that "we libs" don't want to make the gov't a mentor in your way of life. Nor do we want to "instill liberal ideas" in your children. Well, not unless you count teaching kids the dignity of other human beings, kindness, sharing, equanity, and respect for other people, cultures, and ideas. GASP! Horrible! Save us from the Liberals!

If you look up from the Kool Aid once in a while, Aroces, you might realize that most liberals are not what you say they are.

Leave the teaching the kids dignity to parents, school and community.

WE NEED NO FREAKING GOVT BILL FOR THAT!

And then you tax us for you to teach dignity for kindergarten, right?

Nobody has sponsored a bill to make teaching dignity manditory in schools.

See how brainwashed and paranoid you are?

Yea, we put out a "dignity teaching tax." You caught us. You sound like a crazy person.

Man, where do you get this stuff?

Nobody has sponsored a bill to make teaching dignity manditory in schools.

See how brainwashed and paranoid you are?

Yea, we put out a "dignity teaching tax." You caught us. You sound like a crazy person.

Man, where do you get this stuff?

Yes, I am paranoid whenever you libs dip your hands in education. You folks already made a mess of it, now leave it alone.