Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

PBS broadcast: Dick Cheney Comment on UFO's

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31    quillius

quillius

• 4,783 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 02 April 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Indeed, I think that the public should be aware of at the very least that an investigation is still going on, if it is still going on. As far as full disclosure of any findings? I don't know. I'm all for government transparency however I know it is a difficult task to balance that and national security. Without being privy to the details of what exactly the government may or may not know then hard lining either stance is pretty much arbitrary.

To be honest I agree with all you have said there. However, from the point of view of a person with 'interest' in the subject...I want to know all, especially the details :)

I assume you dont think Blue book wrapped it all up years ago?

#32    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,221 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 02 April 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

oh dear, don't tell me you still imagine that that might be a possibility?

To be honest I don't know but that's the thing, anybody without access to top secret government information doesn't actually 'know' either. It is interesting to investigate and ponder over though with decades of supposed secrecy and not a single solid bit of anything alien does tend to favor the possibility that the government may have moved on from taking supposed threats by 'little green men' seriously.

I just noticed your edit CR. :D

Edited by Slave2Fate, 02 April 2013 - 02:32 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#33    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,547 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 02 April 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

If there were a group dedicated and tasked to continue research into UFO's then Cheney could have simply been briefed with a classified status report which need not necessarily contain any revelations on the matter.

i thought bigelow had taken over... :unsure2:

http://www.unexplain...opic=236647&hl=

#34    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I know people love c2c but i listened it too once and never again... that is similar to alex jones fantasy factory. People are saying disclosure is happening all around us .. disclosure of what exactly?

Words are not enough for subject of such magnitude, one would need a very very constructive presentation of various material regarding different aspects of this disclosure/s.

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#35    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,206 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

Well it goes to show you that all things in this world are as bazar as one makes them !
We afterall  all in this together,I remember a few years ago one of the so called experts saying that were all being programed to start to believe that E.T could actually be real,maybe even here already. You know Our wolrd is actually not ready for contact. MAny ,Many of the finest minds on earth will tell you the same.
We cannot even get along with ourselfs.

So If E.T Lands and doant eat us smush us, wipe us off the planet. Then Were in for the Ride of Our Lifes ! Just Imangine ? The Wonders that Await  us.
FTL travel to Beetle Juice Eatting at Milliways ! Owneing your own Heart of Gold Space Craft !
Im all In for that !justDONTEATUS ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#36    scowl

scowl

Photographic Phraud

• 3,476 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postbison, on 01 April 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I certainly remember Watergate.  People can obey an order to not tell certain things, in a number of ways. They can simply lie about what they know (denial). They can also produce an answer so ambiguous that it can be interpreted variously, and so doesn't amount to an explicit (forbidden) admission. One can still read between the lines a bit, and get at least a sense of the true situation.

Or misinterpret everything. After all, the intention is to deceive.

#37    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,221 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postmcrom901, on 02 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

i thought bigelow had taken over... :unsure2:

http://www.unexplain...opic=236647&hl=

True, the government has pretty much denied any further investigation into UFO's and the torch has been taken up by private groups, being unsatisfied with the 'lackluster' data released by the government. I can envision a government run 'black' program to further study the phenomenon though, especially with the case of atmospheric plasma. Such phenomena could have a military application and research into them could be sensitive enough to keep under wraps. But then again it could just be me wearing my conspiratorial hat today... ^_^

Edited by Slave2Fate, 02 April 2013 - 04:20 PM.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#38    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,147 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

Reporter to Cheney: "Have you even been briefed on the existance of ET UFO's?"

Cheney to reporter: "That's a good question and I would like to state that I feel all supermarkets should carry fresh produce"

#39    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,206 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Postpallidin, on 02 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Reporter to Cheney: "Have you even been briefed on the existance of ET UFO's?"

Cheney to reporter: "That's a good question and I would like to state that I feel all supermarkets should carry fresh produce"

Yeah ! The Cheney Monsanto connection ! That get-er-done !

This is a Work in Progress!

#40    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,547 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 02 April 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

True, the government has pretty much denied any further investigation into UFO's and the torch has been taken up by private groups, being unsatisfied with the 'lackluster' data released by the government. I can envision a government run 'black' program to further study the phenomenon though, especially with the case of atmospheric plasma. Such phenomena could have a military application and research into them could be sensitive enough to keep under wraps. But then again it could just be me wearing my conspiratorial hat today... ^_^

yup, but then again, if the govt releases classified info, and that is a big if, then that would be something positive to show that 'yes, we did investigate it, there is nothing to it'... but we know that's not gonna happen... i guess one could say that what has happened instead after taking such a move i.e. passing the public handling of the ufo inquiry into private hands is that it has become unaccountable to foia and will not be bothered with what is being reported, as they already have their own surveillance assets, etc... but will that data be released to the pvt orgs? idk... but i agree with you about the classified plasma research / military applications... :)

#41    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostScudbuster, on 31 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

"Well, if I had been briefed on it, I'm sure it was probably classified and I couldn't talk about it."

Names like Rumsfeld and Cheney were in the know. As Rumsfeld famously put it to Hynek "you don't have a need to know."

That tells you those behind the cover-up are not the good guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users