Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

new here! Big Questions!

kimmi

Hi everyone,

I just returned home from Vacation, and my friend who was feeding my cats had a couple off experiences in my house. First of I have encountered some uneasy times my self. My cat stopped dead in his tracks a few months ago. He stopped suddenly arched his back and started hissing at nothing but then air. That scared the crap out of me. My husband and children were out of town when this happened. My kids wake up almost everynight about the same time and come into my room. I get a chill everytime I go into their room. I will not sleep in that room. And a couple of guest that stayed in this room said they too were wakeing alot during the night but could not explaine why. Lights have come on without explanation. I have not yet "seen" anything but "felt" things. Back to my friend. She said she was feeding the cats and turning on lights around the house. She turned to go up stairs and saw a man at the top of the stairs, she gave a very descriptive apperance. She was "freaked" out and ran home. the next day she and her 2 yr old were here, she said she went into the kitchen to do something and her son was playing in my living room, suddenly he came screaming and crying to her and hung on tight and kept saying "fat man get me" and pointing into the living room. The rest of the week she would only come during the day and had a friend with her. She was visiably shankin. My house is only 20 yrs old, and there have only been 3 owners. How do I research my house or the land that it is on?

Any suggestions??

thanks,

~ kimmi

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kimmi

• Mutant Snake

• Mel

• Withered Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Council records and old newspaper clippings at the local Library are usually your first places to start looking for information on your home and the town you live in .

<skeptic> Power surges, faulty A/C, day dreams, and past trauma are the most reasonable causes of these "experiences". Get a few nights rest, believe that you're not seeing these things, and don't be scared of rooms. Works for me. </skeptic>

Okay. Now. The main way of finding out about your house would probably talk to the company that sold it to you in the first place. Is your cat easily scared? If so, she/he might have just seen a weird shadow, or felt a cold burst of air. If not, then you might want to look more into that room. About the kid's room. Spirits usually lower the room temperature. In more cases than one, if you have a device that can sense temperature, you could probably find the exact place where the spirit is. Try and find out what you can about that room as well. The lights are believeable. I don't really understand how energy like that can make lights flicker, but it happens. Don't worry about that. It's probably just faulty power lines. Everyone has them. The part about your friend seeing the man is quite interesting. You say she gave a good description. Now, it might just be me, but I can't really give a good description of a man I saw standing at the top of the stairs, especially if I were frightened. It might be a spirit, but it was more like she was seeing shadows. Had she turned on the upstairs lights, yet?

I think that's all your issues. You should really look up your house's history if you believe in this junk.

Edited by Nikolaos

My kids wake up almost everynight about the same time and come into my room. I get a chill everytime I go into their room. I will not sleep in that room

Yet you let your kids sleep in that room huh.gif

if you have that much "spirtual" activity going on in your house, then do something about it. hire a professional to look into it. your story is pretty creepy tho. as for history of the house, take the above suggestions into consideration because those are about the only ways you can find out anything.

I have to agree with Daughter of the Nine Moons - if you won't sleep in the room how could you ever put your children in the room? A simple blessing of the room may be beneficial.

most days one of my cats goes to the same place at the wall, and starts rubbing his paws on it, then he will stop, turn his head towards the kitchen, and bolt into it like his life depended on it, We think there is a spirit only cats can see at the ceiling in that spot, but sense we don't get any bad feelings there, we think it is a good spirit. grin2.gif

My kids wake up almost everynight about the same time and come into my room. I get a chill everytime I go into their room. I will not sleep in that room

Yet you let your kids sleep in that room huh.gif

I know dude that's kinda messed up you should like let your kids just sleep in your room,adjust the room,move the beds...

As for all your details, I have to say that's pretty bothersome.

Have you ever laid down on the bed in that room and felt like someone's holding you? (just cold)

That happened to me when we had my bed in the dining room haha..

Eh yeah you ought to like go to some big library or something.

She turned to go up stairs and saw a man at the top of the stairs, she gave a very descriptive apperance. She was "freaked" out and ran home.

Sorry for sounding cynical..(it's only because I am) but if someone saw a man at the top of the stairs....hmmmmmm...I dunno...wouldn't they have called 911? ohmy.gifhuh.gifblink.gif

If someone wrote this suggestion up sorry,

Instead of reasearching the houses' history you could also check the land's history, as well, it could be the land and not your house that has the creepy feeling to it. I hope this makes sense.

blush.gif judgeing by everyone quoteing me about the kidz room, I look like the monster because I wont sleep in the room. They just wake up and come to my room. They Do not have a clue, nor have they stated they have seen anything unusual. I think it's just my oldest daughter and myself who sense these things. I am a little freaked but do "NOT" feel any danger or any angry presense.

geeeezzz peeps!

thanks for the advise, and I did search the house history on line. There have been 3 owners since the house was built in 1981. No deaths in house. There is alot of history for this area being in this part of Virginia. I do have a very old grave yard about a block away from my house. It's real overgrown and in a strange place. It sets a little off the road from a busy intersection. hmmm!