Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grandma

Spirit

Hey everyone, let me begin by telling you a little bit of my background that led me to have this experience.

I was born and baptised a Catholic and attended a Catholic school for 11 years, but i have always felt i didn't belong there, that i wasn't one of them. I had always been fascinated by spiritualism and, at the end of April, plucked up the courage to go to a spiritualist church. I was on my own and had no idea what to expect, but i went all the same. When i walked in i was hit by the most fantastic atmosphere. Everyone was so friendly and i was getting hugs off total strangers. It felt like i'd always belonged there, like i'd finally come home.

After that service i was hooked. I couldn't wait until the next service and i told everyone i could about it. I had to keep pretty quiet about it at school though because if the teachers found out i'd be in serious trouble. They definatly wouldn't approve. I was so lucky to have parents who understood and let me do my own thing. My Mum's Catholic and my Dad's protestant and they supported me from the word go. I think it helps because they're interested also. My friends however, are not so lucky. Their parents went mad when they found out where i'd been going and i havn't been to their house since. They think i'm evil.

Anyway, enough of me rambling, here's the story:

I was at the church last wednesday night and i got a message off my grandmother who had passed about three years ago. I won't go into it unless anyone wants to know but when i got home that night my mum commented that there was a really strong smell of cats and cat wee in the house. We have a dog and ther's no way he'd let any cat within 5 miles of the house, so we knew it wasn't an actual cat. Now, my grandma always used to keep loads of cats, she had approximatly 16 of them and they always used to wee in the house and she had the cat smell about her also. This smell stayed around for about half an hour.

Now, another thing was my grandma passed from bowel cancer and for about 3 days after she passed we started to get really really loud noises in the bathroom and foghorn noises and very loud banging. It hadn't happened for 3 years. Then, on the night i got that message it did it again twice in the night.

If there was any doubt in my mind about the afterlife it has gone completely!

What do you think? coincidence or an after death visitation?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spirit

• Loonboy

• imorningsun

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you, Spirit. It's a great sign that you're smart enough to be forming your own opinions on matters rather than being led along the broad path by the masses.

Question everything, use your mind, trust what you feel and go with it. I'm so glad you found a great spiritualist group as it really makes a difference.

I'm a lapsed Catholic - best thing I ever did was moving away from that organisation. huh.gif

It's also a good story about your gran and the cat smell. It's very possible you got a message and contact from her. Only you can know for sure.

original.gif

That is very unique! I have had many experiences with my decieced Granny, I have never had any unexplained oders. I think it must have been her way of letting you know it was definatly her. That makes my heart melt!

I'm a lapsed Catholic - best thing I ever did was moving away from that organisation.  huh.gif

you are so right. If i have offended anyone then i'm sorry but my opinion is catholisism is to closed minded, its all about control. Its ok if you like it and believe in it but i just had to get outta there. My first opportunity was when i left my high school, now i finally feel free instead of oppressed!