Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wanna Stop Seeing Ghosts?

Jesus_Freak

I used to see ghosts all the time.... all over the place, everywhere.

I grew accustomed to the sightings, and learned to ignore them.

Now i am a very religious person (catholic), and i decided to convince myself that ghosts are just demons trying to stray us away from God, always thinking about them (demons) and not God. That's exactly what Satan wants. Now some ghosts or demons desguise themselves as dead relatives to have a bigger impact on the person, and then without the person knowing it, they are concentrating a lot of their time on Satan.

Now ever since i convinced myself of this, i have not seen a single ghost.

If you are a Bible bashing, christian hating person, please dont post insults.... i know you can if you want to, but honestly, that's just childish....

Drummer, please reply to my IM to you ASAP.

Edited by Magikman

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheBloom

• Jesus_Freak

• Loonboy

• Falco Rex

I am in no way here to bash you or the bible. I respect all religions the best i can. I am a Hindu/Buddhist myself and i believe that the 'self' (meaning soul) is passed on through lives and bodies. I cant say whether i believe ghosts are souls or anything at all but i don't think they have anything to do with the devil. I don't believe in the devil and i certainly don't believe that the devil is trtying to posses anyone. If that is what you believe then so be it but i am very interested about what you mean by this:

''Now some ghosts or demons desguise themselves as dead relatives to have a bigger impact on the person, and then without the person knowing it, they are concentrating a lot of their time on Satan.''

In my view this statement is very offensive towards people in general. I have seen plenty of ghosts or entites or whatever you want to call them and im a buddhist...does this mean im possessed by satan? I'd think more carefully before saying that whoever believes in ghosts are possessed by statan.

what i am saying is not that you are possesed by the devil, what i am saying is that, since the devil works in very tricky ways, that if you concentrate a lot of your time looking for ghosts, then what you are actually doing, without knowing it, is you are looking for demons, and in that, satan succeedes in what he wants to do. now if you see a dead relative as a "ghost", dont you think it would make you want to see that person again as a "ghost"???? so then you go try to see that "person" again, and then in fact you are searching for more demons.

i know, it's hard to believe or understand... especially if you dont believe in Satan, and i dont mean to offend you, it's just what i believe.

oh, and i'm not saying you are openly looking for satan, as if you are saying to yourself "lets go find satan today", it's a trick, that Satan is using.....

cat.gif there are good spirits and bad spirits,just like people!

Sounds like you've been watching the Exorcist too many times! devil.gif

what i am saying is not that you are possesed by the devil, what i am saying is that, since the devil works in very tricky ways, that if you concentrate a lot of your time looking for ghosts, then what you are actually doing, without knowing it, is you are looking for demons, and in that, satan succeedes in what he wants to do. now if you see a dead relative as a "ghost", dont you think it would make you want to see that person again as a "ghost"???? so then you go try to see that "person" again, and then in fact you are searching for more demons.

i know, it's hard to believe or understand... especially if you dont believe in Satan, and i dont mean to offend you, it's just what i believe.

oh, and i'm not saying you are openly looking for satan, as if you are saying to yourself "lets go find satan today", it's a trick, that Satan is using.....

I really really don't want to be disrespectful to your beliefs but i think you're being a little far fetched. What is ghosts are here to communicate with the ones they love and trust. What if one of your long gone relatives appeared to you. Would you shoutt 'go away devil' and ignore it? How would they feel? I know its what you belief and i don't intend to change them but think about the other aspects. What if ghosts are just here to communicate...and you're condemning them? sad.gif

That's what Satan wants you to think. he wants you to beleive that they are there to talk to you...

and i dont think i'll be seeing any ghosts anytime soon, i havent seen one in almost a year, but before i used to see them on a daily basis

That's what Satan wants you to think. he wants you to beleive that they are there to talk to you...

and i dont think i'll be seeing any ghosts anytime soon, i havent seen one in almost a year, but before i used to see them on a daily basis

The mind can overcome the body....in so many different ways. Have you thought that because you've taught yourself to think that Ghosts are demons with no backup information that your mind has simple said...They're demons...and therefore you dont see them anymore?? Im not saying you're wrong but its a strong posibility

I wasn't brought up with a religion when I was younger (and now) I really don't believe in hell or the devil/satan people either choose the path of good or evil.

Sure some of the things I've seen and heard were scary and frightning but I would never shut my mind to them! I want my kids to believe in whatever they want to and learn (in their own way without me and their father pushing it onto them) that ghosts can't hurt you. Our bodies can only hold one soul I don't know if demons take over your body and I don't really know how they could either. Since I never had a belief in demons, but I do believe that there is a special place for truely evil people go to when they finally kick the can.

I really hope that what I just said makes sense, it's not easy to type think and listen to music on your computer at the same time.

If you want to believe in the myth that is Satan, you go right ahead.

I've never known anyone (mediums, psychics etc) who have ever had any kind of experience which would lead them to believe in the existence of any such thing.

Spirits are the energies of non-incarnate souls. They are not demons.

I dare say you will not have seen any 'ghosts' since you started labelling them as 'Satan'. If you called me 'Satan', I'd stop hanging round with you too...

Why don't you stop and think about it a bit more? wacko.gif

Edited by Loonboy

haha, yeah Satan and God and angels, and whoever you want to talk about is all based on a belief structure. Just because some "psychic" doesnt believe in them doesnt make them not exist. and did you know that scientists keep having to revise their theories, because all of them lead back to one supreme being creating everything....? betcha didnt know that.

i believe that i dont see ghosts anymore because of that fact yes, i call them demons. and i think they know that they have little affect on me, so why waste there time? if i saw a ghost now, i wouldn't even think about it anymore than "holy crap, it's a ghost" oh well...

and did you know that scientists keep having to revise their theories, because all of them lead back to one supreme being creating everything....? betcha didnt know that.

**Once again, I hear the name of science taken in vain**

ThisFallenDrummer, you have, with this statement, made an attack on something that I hold near and dear to my heart. I would ask you, please, to justify this statement with either a cite or a quote from a credible source, preferably a scientific journal, which backs up your extraordinary claim that science has, in any way shape or form, found evidence of one supreme being.

If you cannot do so, I ask that you admit you have exagerated this claim, if not mistaken it outright.

To: Thisfallendrummer:

One Catholic to another, I don't remember being taught that "Ghosts" are demons. I also don't remember learning that those who seek ghosts are those who in-advertently are seeking the devil.

My Father died five years ago. I would like very much to see him one more time.

I was raised as a Catholic. My entire family is Catholic. When we have had relatives die, we have sought out seeing the family member one more time. If for nothing else than to become aware that they have passed on to light in which they can feel at peace. I am still waiting to see my Father. I suppose one day that I will when I need him most. Please, do not mis-understand my post to you. It is not my intention to desparage (sp?) your beliefs or what you have learned from the Catholic church and faith. (I was in fact just a little confused because we come from the same faith and seem to have learned differently about spirits.)

Having shared the above, could I move on to a question - please. I understood you to say in one of your posts that you once saw ghosts on a daily basis. Am I understanding correctly? If so, how is that possible? I am not suggesting that you have not seen ghosts but rather how is this possible? Do you know who the ghosts were? Was this a usual passing? How would the ghost/s appear to you?

This is interesting to me, so I ask with complete curiousity.

I would think this ability to be both interesting and a little scary at the same time. Is this what you have experianced?

Thanks for the post. I am glad that you have found a faith that can give you peace in your life. We could all use a little of that.

Peacelover

to peacelover,

i used to see what appeared to be a small child in my old house, and again, i saw "shadow ghosts" in my new house.

the small boy i saw often, and one night i brought my freind over and told him to wait on the porch so i could grab some stuff from inside, i came outside, and he said he saw the ghost, and he never lies about stuff like that, ever....

now the "shadow ghosts" i saw in my basement, which were like a cloud of smoke that flew around the room. it was there for only a few seconds, then it would disapeer

in both houses i saw streaks of light fly across the room, in multiple colors. red, green, blue, and white.

i havent seen one since i did as i have mentioned in my 1st post

i dont know how it is possible, and i'm not saying you are a bad person or anything, but i believe you asking about this, and wanting to know more is what Satan wants....

i know we were never taught this is in bible school, but there are a lot of things that we're not told in bible school.... i rememeber in bible school, they told me that when you die, if you go to heaven you turn into an angel... which is a total lie... oh well.... maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right, i guess we'll never know untill the end.

I'd like to put a point across. Seeing ghosts raises the possibility of life after death. Believing in the possibility of life after death can lead some to religion and belief in God.So why then would these "Demons" as you refer to them, draw any attention to that possibility at all?

It would seem to defeat their very purpose. They'd do much better work remaining silent on this one.

i dont understand your point at all....

I don't see what's so hard to understand about it. All these So-called Demons would have to do to draw people away from God, would be to not appear in any form; ghost or otherwise. Just let people go about their everyday lives with no thoughts about an afterlife at all. Why throw the possibility of Life after death into peoples' faces and make them think about things like that?

It's a foolish way to go about the business of faith-perverting..

Edited by Falco Rex

I think to some aspect you have to see that FallenDrummer is only expressing what he believes in. So noone has a right to call him wrong. But some things do stick out a bit

and did you know that scientists keep having to revise their theories, because all of them lead back to one supreme being creating everything....? betcha didnt know that.

This has nothing to do with 'ghosts being demons'. Scientists being led back to revising their theories because they lead back to one supreme being creating everything surely suggests that ghosts are the work of god...not the devil.

And another thing to say to you

The father, the son, and the holy ghost

Surely all your statements are suggesting that god is a demon. huh.gif

Please please please remember im not trying to prove you wrong or disrespect you in any way. I do respect what you think but i also think that something about what you said disrespects your own religion even....surely im not imagining this?

I'd just like to say that "Some" scientists, meaning a very few, think they have found evidence of intelligent design in Nature. This in no way means there's a mass movement towards God as the Creator in the Scientific community. Even the scientists who are researching intelligent design are reserving judgement until they have all their facts straight and have done much more research..

And no, in matters of personal belief I would rarely say someone is outright wrong. But what we can do is ask ourselves what seems the most likely to be right. A belief that cannot stand against even basic questioning may well be not worth consideration..

Can I urge you, ThisFallenDrummer, or anyone, to think for yourself about what you believe in and not take the ideas put to you from any organised faith at face value. We were given minds to question, reason and understand - use it for your own benefit and make up your own mind.

NOTE: If you look historically at the Catholic faith, you'll find that it's name has been used in bloodthirsty battles, it has been used to eradicate the histories of other cultures, and ask yourself this question, what happened to Jesus from his mid teens to his early 30s.... and where is his story for those years? Wonder where that part of the Holy Bible went? (Ecumenical meeting in the 5th century in which that chunk of the bible was removed so that more control over the populace could be achieved...)

And I for one would rather believe in what friends and associates have experienced directly, rather than subscribe to what was written in a book by countless writers over hundreds of years, which has since been edited, translated and tinkered with by whomever was in power at the time...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-religious - but I do caution anyone swallowing the pill whole...

Guest Lottie

Let me get this right. You are saying you used to see ghosts all the time but because you have now become religious you have not seen a ghost? Could this suggest that maybe the Ghosts you were seeing were in your mind? Like wise you now believe them to be Demons because of your belief and that Satan is doing this, again this can be construed as in your mind and suggestion. I bet if you turned away from religion you would not believe in Satan any longer like you have done with Ghosts.

I think that you seriously need to start thinking for yourself instead of allowing other suggestions to influence you.

As for your post I don't find it offensive, I find it pathetic. Even though I am sceptical of Ghosts in the traditional sense. Many people believe Ghosts to be the deceased nothing evil about it. I think that if there are truly ghosts around than this would be what they are.

As for Satan I don't believe in this. To me its just a manufactured and out of date idea to keep the masses in order. These are my thoughts that I have deliberated over for a long long time.

Stop the preaching and come back down to earth and start thinking for yourself!

Edited by Lottie

whoa, take a breather lottie....

oh and hanger 18, they no longer call it the holy ghost, well, most people dont, only old farts and "proper" people do.... i call it the Holy Spirit...spirit=soul

well, if all of you people are showing me how this whole thread is bull, then lets just not post here anymore, and go about our own buisiness?

anyway, that's one less thread i hafta worry about...

but yeah, i would like to say that you guys put up an extremely strong argument lol, and in fact showed me how stupid that idea was, i mean, sure it could be true, and so could eveloution, and so could any other theory out there, but they all have holes.... so i think i'll just stick to the stuff that's been force-fed to me since early childhood, and keep on believing that...

i guess i'm not too good at making up theories.... thumbdown.gif

If we seemed too hard on you sorry tongue.gif But people here have strong views and they're not exactly afraid of showing them

about the holy ghost.....spirit,ghost,apparation whatever you want to call it is the same thing. A ghost is someones spirit...not in fact the body formation of them...thats why i said it. Spirit still refers to ghost.

So you're going to stick to an belief that you yourself label as 'stupid' rather than try thinking about some other hypothesis?...

To paraphrase Obi Wan: 'Who's the more foolish? The fool? Or the fool who follows him?'