Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost hunter dies after investigation

Saru

Paranormal investigator Sara Harris died from a lung infection she contracted during an investigation.

Mrs. Harris’ untimely demise reminds us all of the real-world dangers of investigating. And Shane Harris wants to share his wife’s story so that this tragedy does not repeat itself. He has begun a mission of urging investigators to wear a mask when investigating older buildings.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Bat dung is extremely dangerous. Far more dangerous than the ghoulies themselves. By comparison ectoplasm is like cake icing. She should have been wearing a protective mask.

• Like 1

Very sad.

I always worry when I watch some of these shows where they tear down houses, or animal hunters go under houses or in caves, or a host of other shows where they don't wear masks so we can hear them talk easier.

I got pneumonia once from cleaning out the building I kept my saddles and stuff like that in. Boy was I sick, spent time in the hospital. Really should wear a mask.

This is insane. I just don't understand why she wouldn't have worn a mask. Most people would have, heck even when cleaning in your own basement it's a good idea to wear a mask. (In Hoarders from A&E they wear masks a large percentage of the time.) What a shame.

• Like 1

so basically this is a news article about a woman who should have worn a mask while stirring up bat and rodent crap. common sense 101 if you ask me,

the fact that she was 'ghost hunting' is totally irrelevant to the story, and only serves to draw readers in to a tragic but not in the least compelling news item.

• Like 4

I must agree with JGirl . Woman dies of infection(so do hundreds of others). Could have been avoided(so could hundreds of others). What the hell has this got to do with ghost-hunting ? If a rat-catcher goes the same way then what am I to deduce ?

• Like 4

If a rat-catcher goes the same way then what am I to deduce ?

You would probably deduce that it wouldn't make the news threads on UM...

Its only her semi-celebrity status combined with the 'Ghost hunting' link that has got the story beyond her friends and family. Tragic, but not really news worthy, at least others may learn and use the masks recommended for such situations.

• Like 2

Hmm two go in one remains so I deduce Mr Harris had a mask and Mrs Harris didn't sorry folks this whole story doesn't sit right, RIP Mrs Harris.

The biggest tragedy here is that this made the news.... End of Story.

• Like 2

okay now she has to turn into a ghost and prove that the other side exist ! dont let your dead be a waste !

I think there is plenty of relevance here. First she was conducting an investigation when she contracted her illness (not cleaning her basement, etc) Second this is here to remind those of us that do investigate to be mindful of the dangers you would not normally consider. Really that is all it is, so no need to gripe about UM putting up an unworthy story. Agreed that the headline should have read a bit different, but all in all worth mentioning.

Maybe she can come back to the rest of her team and give them good evidence.

Edit : oops, someone all ready said it......Sorry

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

No disrespect for her death, but...

That's why I don't use the same bathroom stall that Batman just came out of. :w00t:

• Like 2

Paranormal investigator Sara Harris died from a lung infection she contracted during an investigation.

Wow! This story scares me more than ghosts. When investigating, I always worry about making a misstep in the dark, or hitting my head by a low beam. I even worry about asbestos and mold, but it never occurred to me to worry about bat dung. Many times I was nearly knee deep in the stuff. A mask sounds like a good idea.

Still, the biggest risk that paranormal investigators run is that of making themselves look silly. Which is unfortunately, unavoidable.

• Like 1