Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Wars News and Updates

Anomalocaris

There is no trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens at Comic-Con:

http://www.ew.com/ar...9b7652d64e6189b

But instead it could be a behind the scenes of the film:

http://www.slashfilm...ic-con-trailer/

Also, a report Says that Donnie Yen might be part of the Episode VIII:

http://www.inquisitr...trilogy-report/

In related news, the film focused on Han Solo will be directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller:

http://www.hollywood... - Heat Vision)

And finally, Darth Vader could be part of 'Star Wars: Rogue One':

http://birthmoviesde...ology-rogue-one

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 2

It does my heart good to know that despite what happened in the books, Chewie did NOT have a moon dropped on him. At least not yet....

• Like 5

It does my heart good to know that despite what happened in the books, Chewie did NOT have a moon dropped on him. At least not yet....

that was the book where i stopped reading.

and i also decided it didn't happen, so it's good to know that the universe is catching up with me.

• Like 4

and i also decided it didn't happen, so it's good to know that the universe is catching up with me.

He may be a walking carpet, but he's our walking carpet damnit!

• Like 3

The rest of that story wasn't too bad. The whole Yuuzhan Vong war. The New Jedi Order. The stories after that just got worse, though.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

The rest of that story wasn't too bad. The whole Yuuzhan Vong war. The New Jedi Order. The stories after that just got worse, though.

The Anakin Solo thing sucked in my opinion. Other then that... IMHO, it was not horribly bad... Jacen got most of the character development.

The Anakin Solo thing sucked in my opinion. Other then that... IMHO, it was not horribly bad... Jacen got most of the character development.

I liked Anakins sacrifice, but it seemed like they were building it up to have him come back some how, then just dropped it. I found Jacen to be kind of a whinny brat. Then the whole Darth Caedus crap... what a waste of several books. Killing Mara? Unforgivable.

• Like 3

I liked Anakins sacrifice, but it seemed like they were building it up to have him come back some how, then just dropped it. I found Jacen to be kind of a whinny brat. Then the whole Darth Caedus crap... what a waste of several books. Killing Mara? Unforgivable.

Is there even a Mara in this new movie Canon? What you thought you knew is now all up in the air.....

Is there even a Mara in this new movie Canon? What you thought you knew is now all up in the air.....

I doubt it. Rumor has it that Luke has a son and he's employed by the first order, so there may be, may have been, some romantic interest for our brave jedi knight.

Nothing tops the Zahn books.

• Like 1

the post-Vong stories had a fair few clunkers, but there were some stellar scenes in that mix.

Personal preference is for the pre-Vong stuff, there was still an optimism to the storytelling that the invasion seemed to herald the end of (Trek books are also guilty of it, things became inherently pessimistic).

Recent books reversed that, the Empire/Rebellion series for example does a great job with the Wars Trinity - Leia's the heart of the rebellion, Luke its idealism given form and Han.... Han ironically is the conscience.

• Like 1

the problem i had with the books was they had to keep introducing crisis after crisis after crisis, just to keep the stories interesting. and each one had to be bigger, and "more", until i couldn't understand how anyone in the galaxy was left alive.

• Like 2

I'm strongly anti-expanded universe in general, because the stories I tried reading were just so awfully bad (yes, Thrawn Trilogy--hate me, but that doesn't make me wrong). However, I do like the Old Republic stuff--but it's so far in the past that it's virtually irrelevant to the modern canon anyway. I did collect the Star Wars Legacy comics, and they weren't too terrible, I guess.

My favorite is the Han Solo trilogy. The original one. Not the newer Han Solo books (which were horrible, imo). I'm talking about: Han Solo At Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. I've got copies of those books that I've had since I was a kid--when they first came out. I suppose those are going to be killed off by whatever new Han Solo drivel they come up with in a new movie. But that brings me to another gripe: PREQUELS. Don't do prequels. Ever again. Take that energy and money and time and imagination and produce new stuff starting from the new movie this winter and beyond. Don't waste our time filling in cracks that don't need to be filled in. Especially side-show stories that aren't important at all (Boba Fett, Yoda, Rogue Squadron). Just do completely new stuff. No more prequels ever.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

However, I do like the Old Republic stuff--but it's so far in the past that it's virtually irrelevant to the modern canon anyway.

The Old Republic! a dream too good to be true. You can do many things there, the possibilities are vast.

Edited by Anomalocaris
  • Like 1

My favorite is the Han Solo trilogy. The original one. Not the newer Han Solo books (which were horrible, imo). I'm talking about: Han Solo At Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. I've got copies of those books that I've had since I was a kid--when they first came out.

Brian Daley did a great job with those. Definitely my favorites, too.

• Like 2

. Especially side-show stories that aren't important at all (Boba Fett, Yoda, Rogue Squadron). Just do completely new stuff. No more prequels ever.

The Rogue Squadron books were excellent - they were post-ROTJ (Wedge having painted two Death Stars on the nose of his X-Wing etc). No Trinity, but a solid core of interesting characters interacting in realistic ways (for example, at one point their resident "we need an insane plan" expert spun a tale to a pirate about a rogue Ewok pilot wanting to be a pirate. To pull off the con, Wedge flew his X-Wing with a stuffed Ewok doll sitting on his chest. For months afterwards, everyone as they walked past Wedge would go "yub-yub") and often hilarious ("It's pretty. What do we blow up first?").

The Rogue Squadron books were excellent - they were post-ROTJ (Wedge having painted two Death Stars on the nose of his X-Wing etc). No Trinity, but a solid core of interesting characters interacting in realistic ways (for example, at one point their resident "we need an insane plan" expert spun a tale to a pirate about a rogue Ewok pilot wanting to be a pirate. To pull off the con, Wedge flew his X-Wing with a stuffed Ewok doll sitting on his chest. For months afterwards, everyone as they walked past Wedge would go "yub-yub") and often hilarious ("It's pretty. What do we blow up first?").

And will that be the story for this prequel movie?

I'm strongly anti-expanded universe in general, because the stories I tried reading were just so awfully bad (yes, Thrawn Trilogy--hate me, but that doesn't make me wrong). However, I do like the Old Republic stuff--but it's so far in the past that it's virtually irrelevant to the modern canon anyway. I did collect the Star Wars Legacy comics, and they weren't too terrible, I guess.

My favorite is the Han Solo trilogy. The original one. Not the newer Han Solo books (which were horrible, imo). I'm talking about: Han Solo At Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy. I've got copies of those books that I've had since I was a kid--when they first came out. I suppose those are going to be killed off by whatever new Han Solo drivel they come up with in a new movie. But that brings me to another gripe: PREQUELS. Don't do prequels. Ever again. Take that energy and money and time and imagination and produce new stuff starting from the new movie this winter and beyond. Don't waste our time filling in cracks that don't need to be filled in. Especially side-show stories that aren't important at all (Boba Fett, Yoda, Rogue Squadron). Just do completely new stuff. No more prequels ever.

I'd like a Han Solo movie, as long as it didn't have Shia LaBeouf playing Han Solo. He's no Indiana Jones either....

• Like 2

I'd like a Han Solo movie, as long as it didn't have Shia LaBeouf playing Han Solo. He's no Indiana Jones either....

I think, now that you brought that up, I am okay with a Han Solo movie, because you showed me how bad it actually could be, and without Shia LeBuff, it can't be all that bad.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

Well, that does it. I'm going to break out my old Han Solo trilogy now and do some nostalgic reading.

• Like 1

And will that be the story for this prequel movie?

IIRC e prequel movie will be about the discovery of the Death Star and its weakness - and we all know how THAT ended up.

To be fair, the fact that prominent characters never died was becoming redundant. I guess Chewie was the expendable one

and since a scenario involving his death was not against George Lucas' wishes, it's a move that made some sense.

Edited by Phenix20

IIRC e prequel movie will be about the discovery of the Death Star and its weakness - and we all know how THAT ended up.

That's my point. We know how it goes. In my opinion, how it happened is completely irrelevant.

• Like 1

Amen!

• Like 1