Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 13 votes

A party with all the UM members.

• Please log in to reply
4123 replies to this topic

#3721    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I will always think of MID as a friend although we never met in real life. He was one of those extraordinary people that you couldnt get enough of. Really nice guy that always took the time to share his vast knowledge.

I just dont know what to say,... this is truly sad.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#3722    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,019 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

I didn't chat with you as much as I would have liked and this board is now a sadder place for your absence...

Godspeed MID, you are cleared to leave orbit...

#3723    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

POPULAR

Rest in peace MID.

I'm shocked and saddened by this news, as are all who have grown to love and greatly respect you and your contributions.  We are all better off for having known you.

Truly great men leave behind a legacy which is rich in memories, and yours is rich indeed.  Looking back at your impact here, one can only be impressed.  We who have been fortunate enough to know you over the years will mourn our loss in your passing, but we celebrate your life, your patience, your confidence, your knowledge and wisdom, your consistent devotion to conquering ignorance, your humor, and your creativity.

You've inspired so many, and you are a truly great man.  May you rest in peace, and may your family find comfort in this difficult time.  Thank you my friend.

#3724    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Even though we didn't see eye to eye on 'some' subjects, and found ourselves on the opposing sides of the odd contentious point...I always respected the  guys experience and knowledge, and learned plenty about the practicalities of NASA's aspirations from him!
And even though I could never claim to be his best friend, I admired , envied his experience, and will miss the old guy! And for sure, this forum will definitely be a much poorer place without MID!

R.I.P MID., it's been an honour knowing you for a while.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#3725    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

I would like to echo the sentiments of 1963, Boon and others.

My condolences to his family.

RIP MID.

(maybe Saru would consider a minutes silence on the forum at some point in respect for MID, not sure if feasible, just an idea)

#3726    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

This is where Mid will ck in with us from time to time , Im sure of that ! He`s got a way with the electrons now that can open all the Doors to the Universe ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#3727    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Is it going to be a troll party?

#3728    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 17 January 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Is it going to be a troll party?

It appears as though it might turn into one if you keep this up.

Are you enjoying yourself by taking a crap on the thread so soon after one of the most respected and beloved members in the history of this forum just passed away and people were paying their respects?

#3729    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,883 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 17 January 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

This is where Mid will ck in with us from time to time , Im sure of that ! He`s got a way with the electrons now that can open all the Doors to the Universe ! :tu:

Oh yes, he will I am sure - he is going to keep a keen eye on us and make sure we don't use all the He3 on non-flight related activities. It was frowned upon when I sneaked some of it behind the bar on the flight deck the last time around :P

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#3730    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Ahh.. I am at a loss what to say..

Mid mate.. you are now in a place where you can find all the answers and see all the truths.. your going to enjoy it so much.. and when our time comes to join you on the great journey.. just greet us with a nod and a wink.. no spoilers now..

May the Goddess grant you swift passage to the summerlands my friend..

#3731    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 17 January 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

It appears as though it might turn into one if you keep this up.

Are you enjoying yourself by taking a crap on the thread so soon after one of the most respected and beloved members in the history of this forum just passed away and people were paying their respects?

Sorry, but a lot of the post on this forum are obviously taking the p***. Not serious Ufology.

#3732    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,883 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 17 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Sorry, but a lot of the post on this forum are obviously taking the p***. Not serious Ufology.

Why don't you show some respect and venture off to some other thread that holds your interest instead posting irrelevant and disrespectful comments here then?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#3733    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 17 January 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

Oh yes, he will I am sure - he is going to keep a keen eye on us and make sure we don't use all the He3 on non-flight related activities. It was frowned upon when I sneaked some of it behind the bar on the flight deck the last time around :P

Cheers,
Badeskov
We Will make it So  badeskov`s   ! Hazzard & You & I Have Been promoted to Flight Deck Masters. THe Missions Will Go on And We shall make Mid proud of Us !

#3734    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,578 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

One thing I do know We will Have Peace and Look Forward to a Better Thread,no distractions,no negativity ! End transmission ! :tu:

#3735    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,816 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 17 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

You do realise a long standing, well respected brilliant poster who was kind and had time for any person, and was a wealth of information that he was happy to share recently passed away don't you?

Well, if it is not credulous enough for you, don't ket the door hit you on the backside on your way out.

Edited by psyche101, 17 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users