Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hello, new to the site

OneWanderingSoul

Hello and welcome OWS!

One piece of advice turn around and run!Run hard,run fast,and run far far away from here!!!

Just kidding one day Saru is going to smack me upside the head for giving such warnings haha...

Hope you enjoy you stay...Many strange and interesting people to talk about what interests you on here.

The rest of the welcoming crew will be along shortly...Just avoid the Moose!He's a known trouble maker and is quite cunning!

• Like 4

I'm to tired to run, guess I'll stay.

The world is full of strange people, why would this place be any different? which.... I never claimed to be 'normal' myself.......

when I feel up to it, I'll give your Moose a run for his title...

• Like 5

Welcome, I have a sense you will fit in just nicely here. But just for starters, see if you can fit in this, it will help :

sj-front-11.jpg

• Like 6

Welcome, I have a sense you will fit in just nicely here. But just for starters, see if you can fit in this, it will help :

sj-front-11.jpg

oh a 'Hug Me' jacket, cool!

Does it come with a free ticket to the bouncy room?

sj-front-11.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice of you free,seems you have ironed out the wrinkles in OWS's official UM uniform!

I look quite dashing in mine if i do say so myself!

• Like 3

YEAH, of course and tickets are valid for 1 whole month.

So pleased we have a new Inmate visitor.

(Rushes to go and mop out bouncy room)

• Like 3

if it's for everyday wear and not special occasion I'll have to fix it up a bit, dye it, add some trim etc. I would hate to be 'normal'

• Like 4

if it's for everyday wear and not special occasion I'll have to fix it up a bit, dye it, add some trim etc. I would hate to be 'normal'

Its everyday wear round here, but you can jazz it up all you like, but remember not to try and out do the lot in D wing.

Here is what they did with theirs:

uncommon-web-traffic-300x240.jpg

• Like 3

Its everyday wear round here, but you can jazz it up all you like, but remember not to try and out do the lot in D wing.

Here is what they did with theirs:

uncommon-web-traffic-300x240.jpg

um nooo.....

was thinking a red fade to black dye job and some purple lace trim......

• Like 4

Hello and welcome, on these illustrious boards you will find many diverse and interesting topics of discussion. But only if you are really interested in how to cook chihuahuas, dinosaur pirates, gnomish refugees and the cruel economic climate facing evil wizards trying to maintain a terrifying empire of unrelenting vile-foulness so putrid and raw that it will make your skin actually crawl.

Or you can just enjoy this Picture of the Empire helping 'merica in WW2;

star-wars-world-war-2.jpg

• Like 2

hhrrrmmmmm

can I pet the rabbit if I bring him smokes??

• Like 4

hhrrrmmmmm

Fact: Bunnies love menthols.

• Like 2

Fact: Bunnies love menthols.

crap, out of menthols :(

• Like 3

Welcome to UM. Hope you can take it. This is just a little taste of the madness.

Welcome-to-the-darkside.gif

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 3

I make my own cookies.... and wine too, would you like some?

• Like 2

hhrrrmmmmm

As the offocial UM Harbinger for the Moose, you're odd and we need more people like you.

• Like 3

I am the afore-mentioned Moose, and I am here to act as your Official – Unofficial – Official Greeter and Chief Rules Mentioner guy….

I have read many comments and suggestions about my greetings and rules interpretations, but despite them I am going to continue…

First of all – welcome to UM OneWanderingSoul… While many say that UM stands for “Unexplained Mysteries”, those that really know the deep dark secrets

of this place will tell you that it actually stands for “Unexplained Moosteries” (Remember that... there are tests later)…

I see that you have already been issued your uniform - though I do not see your Newby's Beanie Cap with Propeller...

Since I was not able to greet you immediately upon your admittance to this site, I will forego the usual run down of the steps you needed to take to inprocess here at

the compound… However I will touch upon a few of the more pressing rules that may help you adjust to life here…

- Since you apparently were not a Lurker for very long (if at all), you are not required to fill out the 56 page questionnaire on your time spent in the Lurker Dungeon…

However you will have to complete the 9,329 page questionnaire on how you discovered this site (not to mention “that thing” that happened in the third grade…

don’t ask what “that thing” was.. .you are not supposed to mention it!)…

- Please indicate which version of the Eskimo to Ancient Hittite Dictionary, Thesaurus and Dirty Limerick set you currently are using… If you are using the 37 Volume

set of Adelson's Translations of Ancient Hittite (1913 edition - Miskatonic University Press), please turn it in to the nearest Inquisitors Office and obtain your Official

UM approved "Freeman's Notations of Adelson's Translations of Ancient Hittite (1921 edition - Wottsamatta U.).. Be advised that this 93 volume set is on authentic

clay tablets and comes boxed with a weight of 300 pounds – so bring a few Zombie minions to help you carry the crates…

- Since all Official Correspondence at UM is done in Ancient Hittite you must travel to the UM Language Academy located in Tryon, Oklahoma at the old Grade School

(35deg 52’ 12.68”N 96deg 57’ 56.17” W), where y’all ‘ll larn to speek and rite ainchunt Hittite lahk a reel UMer! (reprinted from your official UM Welcome Packet – page 672)

- Due to severe congestion in the hallways of the Old Moldy Tower Complex, a few new traffic rules have been instigated:

- Zombies, carrying explosives, now have the right of way on all East to West Corridors…

- Non-Explosive Zombies are required to lurch about in the far right hand side of the corridors…

- All Squiggles must be kept on leashes – or in steel cages made of Military grade Tungsten-carbide steel… And remember that Squiggle owners are required to clean up after

their Squiggle – and to repair any acidic or flame damage caused by their pet Squiggle…

- Rhinoceros-Jousting is no longer allowed on any floor above the 34th… The building is very old and can no longer support the weight…

- UM is playing host to the annual Kamikaze Penguins on Pogo-Sticks convention this month, so all members who currently live in the Northern most dungeon apartment complexes

of Moldy Manor, Horrid Hall or Teetering Tower are being moved temporarily to the newly renovated Luxury Suites of the Suburb of Pleasant Valley located in the middle

of the Eastern Artillery Impact Zones… If you live in these affected locations please check with your Chief Flogger to be issued your sleeping bag and Hard Hat…

(a travel brochure picture of Pleasant Valley)

DSCF0122_zps0f864ae6.jpg

- The UM Barbed-Wire Appreciation Club has been disbanded… Apparently they appreciated Barbed-wire entirely too much…

- Mating Season is now over for Pookie the Moat Monster and his(?) new girl(?) friend, so The Great Outer Moat is now no longer off limits… In fact the UM Grand Inquisitor is encouraging

Lurkers and newer members to visit there as both Pookie and his (?) mate are reportedly rather hungry…

Incidentally… The UM Office of the High Grounds Keeper and Popsickle Truck Dispatcher has announced a contest to name Pookies mate… Please submit all suggested names to the High Grounds

Keepers office in Ancient Hittite (on clay tablets of course) or just enter them into this thread…

Welcome to UM OneWanderingSoul…

Edited by Taun
  • Like 7

Hello back. I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

i shall try

• Like 1

I am the afore-mentioned Moose, and I am here to act as your Official – Unofficial – Official Greeter and Chief Rules Mentioner guy….

I have read many comments and suggestions about my greetings and rules interpretations, but despite them I am going to continue…

First of all – welcome to UM OneWanderingSoul… While many say that UM stands for “Unexplained Mysteries”, those that really know the deep dark secrets

of this place will tell you that it actually stands for “Unexplained Moosteries” (Remember that... there are tests later)…

I see that you have already been issued your uniform - though I do not see your Newby's Beanie Cap with Propeller...

Since I was not able to greet you immediately upon your admittance to this site, I will forego the usual run down of the steps you needed to take to inprocess here at

the compound… However I will touch upon a few of the more pressing rules that may help you adjust to life here…

- Since you apparently were not a Lurker for very long (if at all), you are not required to fill out the 56 page questionnaire on your time spent in the Lurker Dungeon…

However you will have to complete the 9,329 page questionnaire on how you discovered this site (not to mention “that thing” that happened in the third grade…

don’t ask what “that thing” was.. .you are not supposed to mention it!)…

- Please indicate which version of the Eskimo to Ancient Hittite Dictionary, Thesaurus and Dirty Limerick set you currently are using… If you are using the 37 Volume

set of Adelson's Translations of Ancient Hittite (1913 edition - Miskatonic University Press), please turn it in to the nearest Inquisitors Office and obtain your Official

UM approved "Freeman's Notations of Adelson's Translations of Ancient Hittite (1921 edition - Wottsamatta U.).. Be advised that this 93 volume set is on authentic

clay tablets and comes boxed with a weight of 300 pounds – so bring a few Zombie minions to help you carry the crates…

- Since all Official Correspondence at UM is done in Ancient Hittite you must travel to the UM Language Academy located in Tryon, Oklahoma at the old Grade School

(35deg 52’ 12.68”N 96deg 57’ 56.17” W), where y’all ‘ll larn to speek and rite ainchunt Hittite lahk a reel UMer! (reprinted from your official UM Welcome Packet – page 672)

- Due to severe congestion in the hallways of the Old Moldy Tower Complex, a few new traffic rules have been instigated:

- Zombies, carrying explosives, now have the right of way on all East to West Corridors…

- Non-Explosive Zombies are required to lurch about in the far right hand side of the corridors…

- All Squiggles must be kept on leashes – or in steel cages made of Military grade Tungsten-carbide steel… And remember that Squiggle owners are required to clean up after

their Squiggle – and to repair any acidic or flame damage caused by their pet Squiggle…

- Rhinoceros-Jousting is no longer allowed on any floor above the 34th… The building is very old and can no longer support the weight…

- UM is playing host to the annual Kamikaze Penguins on Pogo-Sticks convention this month, so all members who currently live in the Northern most dungeon apartment complexes

of Moldy Manor, Horrid Hall or Teetering Tower are being moved temporarily to the newly renovated Luxury Suites of the Suburb of Pleasant Valley located in the middle

of the Eastern Artillery Impact Zones… If you live in these affected locations please check with your Chief Flogger to be issued your sleeping bag and Hard Hat…

(a travel brochure picture of Pleasant Valley)

DSCF0122_zps0f864ae6.jpg

- The UM Barbed-Wire Appreciation Club has been disbanded… Apparently they appreciated Barbed-wire entirely too much…

- Mating Season is now over for Pookie the Moat Monster and his(?) new girl(?) friend, so The Great Outer Moat is now no longer off limits… In fact the UM Grand Inquisitor is encouraging

Lurkers and newer members to visit there as both Pookie and his (?) mate are reportedly rather hungry…

Incidentally… The UM Office of the High Grounds Keeper and Popsickle Truck Dispatcher has announced a contest to name Pookies mate… Please submit all suggested names to the High Grounds

Keepers office in Ancient Hittite (on clay tablets of course) or just enter them into this thread…

Welcome to UM OneWanderingSoul…

it is good you introduced yourself, I've never had moose before, heard it tasty if cooked right.......

I'll just put the weaponry aside for now, however sorry about the Beanie cap, i shot it..... still 'updating' my new jacket though, thanks for that

nope, I was never a lurker, just jumped right in, to what I'm not sure yet......

That 'thing' was not to be mentioned, How dare you!

as for your clay tablets, sorry about those, I thought they were skeet.......

I don't have any pets, was thinking about making a couple of the members here my pets, so long as they are generally house broken, that darn rabbit sure is cute....

I already own a couple hard hats but as I stay cold the extra sleeping bag would be just lovely Thanks

:( dang and I have such a nice collection of barbed wire and the scars to prove it :(

naming of Pookies 'mate', Scchhnoookkuummsss sounds good to me

Thanks for the welcome! the question is, can this place handle me???

• Like 3

Hello, One Wandering Soul, this place knows how to make you feel welcome.

Yes it does :) I hope you are enjoying being new here too

it is good you introduced yourself, I've never had moose before, heard it tasty if cooked right.......

I'll just put the weaponry aside for now, however sorry about the Beanie cap, i shot it..... still 'updating' my new jacket though, thanks for that

nope, I was never a lurker, just jumped right in, to what I'm not sure yet......

That 'thing' was not to be mentioned, How dare you!

as for your clay tablets, sorry about those, I thought they were skeet.......

I don't have any pets, was thinking about making a couple of the members here my pets, so long as they are generally house broken, that darn rabbit sure is cute....

I already own a couple hard hats but as I stay cold the extra sleeping bag would be just lovely Thanks

:( dang and I have such a nice collection of barbed wire and the scars to prove it :(

naming of Pookies 'mate', Scchhnoookkuummsss sounds good to me

Thanks for the welcome! the question is, can this place handle me???

They tolerate me.. so you should be alright...

And "Scchhnoookkuummsss" has been entered into the drawing/contest/naming thingy...

• Like 4

Delete please, double post

Edited by OneWanderingSoul