Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Britain's biggest family welcomes 16th child

sue radford

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 37,353 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

Britain’s biggest family has just got a little larger after mother Sue Radford gave birth to her 16th baby, then pledged to have more.

Sue Radford, 37, gave birth to baby Caspar in just 16 minutes, bringing her total number of children to an impressive 16.

Mrs Radford, who lives with husband Noel and their children in Morecombe, Lancs, said she would now feel “lucky” to have even more.

They are believed to be Britain’s biggest family, living in a former care home and using a minibus to get around.

http://www.telegraph...16th-child.html

Posted Image

#2    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Joined:01 May 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

ouch lol


#3    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Closed
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

16 minutes? The wee one probably took longer to conceive :D

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 23 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.


#4    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

    The roosting goose...

  • Member
  • 12,538 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Up a steep hill in Yorkshire

  • Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

They've been busy!


#5    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

If they were on benefits, such as child benefit, I'd be arguing for them to be sterlised.  I don't see why the British taxpayer should pay for someone's children.

I was pleasantly surprised, though, to see that they are not on benefits and they pay for their children themselves.


#6    ealdwita

ealdwita

    Hwt oredmcg

  • Member
  • 4,748 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:astcentingas , England

  • Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Reminiscent of Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life"!

All together now...........
♪♫♫
Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
   God gets quite irate.
♪♫♫

Edited by ealdwita, 23 November 2012 - 04:26 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#7    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 34,967 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

16 ? And do they have other hobbies?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Closed
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

16 ? And do they have other hobbies?

Hopefully for their sake washing dirty clothes and cleaning up mess lol.


#9    ealdwita

ealdwita

    Hwt oredmcg

  • Member
  • 4,748 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:astcentingas , England

  • Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 23 November 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

If they were on benefits, such as child benefit, I'd be arguing for them to be sterlised.  I don't see why the British taxpayer should pay for someone's children.

I was pleasantly surprised, though, to see that they are not on benefits and they pay for their children themselves.

Yes, if you discount nearly £11,500 per annum child benefit and, (if the breadwinner earns around £20,000 per year), the tax credits that amount to almost £43,000!

Edited by ealdwita, 23 November 2012 - 05:01 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#10    Still Waters

Still Waters

    Deeply Mysterious

  • 37,353 posts
  • Joined:01 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

"Mrs Radford, who lives with husband Noel and their children in Morecombe, Lancs, said she would now feel “lucky” to have even more."

Lucky indeed when there are couples who would give anything just to have the one child.

Speaking as I mother, I don't know how she copes with sixteen :unsure2:

Posted Image

#11    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

View Postealdwita, on 23 November 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

Yes, if you discount nearly £11,500 per annum child benefit and, (if the breadwinner earns around £20,000 per year), the tax credits that amount to almost £43,000!
This is the perfect argument to change the tax credit system,the tax credit should be awarded to the oldest child only,and when that child reaches 16 it is then transferred to the next oldest child.This is a gross insult to the British tax payer struggling under the Tory Austerity measures.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#12    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 24 November 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

This is the perfect argument to change the tax credit system,the tax credit should be awarded to the oldest child only,and when that child reaches 16 it is then transferred to the next oldest child.This is a gross insult to the British tax payer struggling under the Tory Austerity measures.

That is precisely what the Conservatives are trying to do - award child benefit only to the oldest child.

Needless to say, this has got the Left, such as the Labour Party, bleating that "the nasty Tories are trying to make mothers poor by taking away their child benefit".

But the taxpayer doesn't pay for people's dogs so I don't see why the taxpayer should have to pay for people's children.  If a couple can't afford to raise a child out of their own money then they shouldn't have a child in the first place.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 24 November 2012 - 03:01 PM.


#13    smurf0852

smurf0852

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 24 November 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

That is precisely what the Conservatives are trying to do - award child benefit only to the oldest child.

Needless to say, this has got the Left, such as the Labour Party, bleating that "the nasty Tories are trying to make mothers poor by taking away their child benefit".

But the taxpayer doesn't pay for people's dogs so I don't see why the taxpayer should have to pay for people's children.  If a couple can't afford to raise a child out of their own money then they shouldn't have a child in the first place.
so you link poor peoples children with dogs ?.yes the right are such a caring bunch .bring on the thatcher death party :su


#14    Bling

Bling

    Psychic Spy

  • Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Joined:25 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

I don't know whether to feel jealous or shocked.


#15    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,046 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Uterus is not clown car.

Posted Image

~MEH~





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users