Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Share your Art..

Professor T

That's impressive! How did you make it?

• Like 1

Oh, my computer does it all. I just hit the enter button. :whistle:

Well there is a bit more to it. Most of what I do is digital and does involve computers.

• Like 1

Well there is a bit more to it. Most of what I do is digital and does involve computers.

I suspected they were made with 3D software, excellent work! I don't suppose you use Blender? I love Blender but seldom use it, so I have to take a day re-learning the keyboard commands every time... *sigh*

Anyhow, excellent critters you've got there, very cool indeed.

Edited by Barnabas Collins
  • Like 1

Thanks but they are not as cool as that undead gentleman in the top hat. Now there is true talent. (or the other cool drawings for that matter)

And aye, I do occasionally use blender. Usually for the import/export capabilities. It is powerful, complicated and not easy to master, that is for sure...

I really like them. Was it you who did the picture of the man standing by a sabre-toothed tiger(for size comparision)?

• Like 1

Anyone here tried to use Windows 'Paint' for sketching? I was really excited about it when I first got my computer ...... what a let down! It's a real struggle to get anything out of it. Here are some drawings I did with it, for a friend's story.

MindraideronBettyscouch-1.jpg

Mindraider1-1.jpg

Discomindraider.jpg

ice-cream.jpg

• Like 4

Britney Spears? I immediately saw the resemblance but I'm so out of the loop musically that it took me several days to recall the name.

Diana+Krall+Diana+Krall+Concert+LcMGZ3cRSGLl.jpg

Diana Krall.

• Like 1

So much awesome in here, haven't got much to add.

nude.jpg

CapesofJedi.jpg

I like this..

I always stuggle with pospective & proportion.. these look spot on.

Anyone here tried to use Windows 'Paint' for sketching? I was really excited about it when I first got my computer ...... what a let down! It's a real struggle to get anything out of it. Here are some drawings I did with it, for a friend's story.

MindraideronBettyscouch-1.jpg

Mindraider1-1.jpg

Discomindraider.jpg

ice-cream.jpg

Cool!

I want Iscecream now..

And I like it that I'm not the only one around here who turns animals into people..

Introducing, Karl (cow boy!) in a hoodie..

Karl hates rodeo's with vengance..

His greatest wish in the world is to see the day when rodeo's are illegal..

Karls best friends are Michael & his girlfriend is Chloe.

Karl loves Cats, hates dogs, and has a strange affliction of licking things that he shouldn't..

He can also put his tongue right up his nose..

Warning!!! Karl must be avoided when he has the flu as projectile sneezing becomes rampant.

2mdjrwm.jpg

• Like 5

Alrighty! Karl is your best so far ...... IMHO

haha I love Carl! For some reason it took me longer then it should have to fully get the "cowboy" part though. :blush:

But I can blame my fever for that, right?

I found an old sketch book tonight. Most of them are embarrassingly horrible, but I like this one. It's dated from 2001 so it's from awhile ago. lol

DSCF7733-1.jpg

• Like 6

Geddiup Horsie!

Did you know, Greys like riding horses?

They don't like wearing riding helmets or gloves though.

Funny that..

14wq3bm.jpg

• Like 7

haha I love Carl! For some reason it took me longer then it should have to fully get the "cowboy" part though. :blush:

But I can blame my fever for that, right?

I found an old sketch book tonight. Most of them are embarrassingly horrible, but I like this one. It's dated from 2001 so it's from awhile ago. lol

DSCF7733-1.jpg

I really like this one..

The shading is smooth..

• Like 1

I really like this one..

The shading is smooth..

Thanks, that is what I like to call the "smudge everything with your finger technique". :)

Edited to add: I just realized I spelt Karl with a C in my last post. Sorry!

Edited by sarah_444
  • Like 1

Thanks, that is what I like to call the "smudge everything with your finger technique". :)

Edited to add: I just realized I spelt Karl with a C in my last post. Sorry!

Damn.!

I'd forgotten all about that technique..

I'll revive that technique with my next one..

Thanks.. :)

:lol:

lucky I'm not the spelling police. But I did noticed that..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I made this today. The first time I've ever recorded a song I made, and also the first time recording anything using multiple instruments. Rhythm/lead guitar, bass, keyboard, and drums. Now I know I can do it! The song is a short little thing based around a rhythm guitar riff I made years ago, while playing to a song my friend had created and was playing on his acoustic. I remember he said it was a really good riff, and sounded like it could be a Tenacious D song. That made me feel so good.

• Like 9

Very good recording, _Only!

Tasteful composition, well performed and a good mix.

(Nifty moon photo, also.)

Since we're including music in the thread, here's one of the better tunes (I think) from my last batch of recordings.

It's called 'DIESEL AND DICE', I used one guitar and two Roland keyboards, recorded with Cakewalk (recording software).

http://ravensblight.com/Diesel%20And%20Dice.mp3

And 3 cheers for Professor T for starting this thread! :tsu:

• Like 5

I just knew I was going to love it. It's such a different sound. It's like mixing a Joe Satriani lick with ZZ Top style rhythm guitar with.. another style I can't put my finger on, but it's pretty sublime. The keyboards give an almost surreal sound to it. It really floated my boat. If you have other songs, I'd love to add drums to them if you'd ever want to. I have this new ProTools and M-Box waiting.

• Like 1

Ohhh, you guy's got me strumming the guitar now.. :tu:

Unforunately all the tunes I can play aren't origional..

Delighted to know you enjoyed the tune, thanks for the encouraging words!

I have 9 albums of semi-halloweenish music posted on my website, here's a link...

http://ravensblight.com/FreeMusic.html

and here's a link to all 16 of my albums, if you can stand that much of my stuff. The first few rock albums (at the bottom of the page) are largely crap (isn't retrospection wonderous?) but you might enjoy the two ambient albums at the top...

http://ravensblight.com/rayobannon.html

• Like 3