Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Upswing in Bigfoot activity?

bigfoot

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,140 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

Did a news search on Google for bigfoot tonight and found several articles...

There is the one about the guy, bigfoot and the Winnebago....
Bigfoot vandalizes a Winnebago (and other questionable claims)
This story already has its own thread....
UPDATE: With Bigfoot roaming around upper Dauphin County, how to protect yourself

Now if you ever encounter a Bigfoot, John says it is very important to know how to get away.

Male Bigfoots have an enlarged forehead and have problems looking up. So run uphill if it is a male.

Females are top heavy and have problems running downhill. So that's the best direction to run to survive.
Had to post that quote... LOL... :nw:

Man says Bigfoot is in Texas — and he can prove it.
There's a picture, but all you can see is the top of BFs head.

Anonymous Dallas Businessman Says Bigfoot Threw Enormous Rock At Him
Same story as the last one with the top of BFs head in pic. More pics/vids and commentary though.

In search of Bigfoot - Enthusiasts look for signs of elusive creature
Men followed through the woods at night.

State Police Investigating Bigfoot Sighting

DIMENSIONS: Meteor watchers encounter Bigfoot in Christian County
Subscription required. :td:

Bigfoot Craigslist Ad Plagiarized? Sort Of
And...
Florida Bigfoot Researcher Ad on Craigslist Just A Hilarious Prank
To go with it...

'Bigfoot: The Lost Tapes' : It could've been scary good
A scary (?) monster movie in the "found tape" style.

SO.... Why is Bigfoot so popular all of a sudden? Is it the weather? The time of year? Seasonal delusion? Actual bigfoots moving around getting ready for Winter? (Give me your RV, or Bonk!)

I regularly check Google news for bigfoot stories and usually there is Nothing, nada, zilch...

Curious as to if people have any ideas why the Uptick in news stories?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

There are numerous Ghost Hunting shows on TV:
...but only 1 Bigfoot Hunting show: Finding Bigfoot

Given the relative success of that show and that they haven't actually found Bigfoot yet it means there is the opportunity for similar shows. Jockeying for those limited spaces is taking place from among the various amateur Bigfoot research groups and individuals - all hoping that their particular angle will prevail. Exciting times...

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#3    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,254 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Double post removed...

Edited by Night Walker, 24 October 2012 - 07:33 AM.

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#4    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,827 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Does Bigfoot hibernate during the winter ?

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#5    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

There's also what seems to be an upsurge in Bigfoot related websites as well. As it happened I did  search tonight and ran across a couple I'd never heard of before.......one of them was rather funny......even reported some people saw a couple of Bigfoots fornicating.........doggy style. No, I'm not making this up, just reporting what someone else is making up.

I posted the link on another thread.

If the law of averages doesn't crap out on us then it's reasonable to expect that we should have a Bigfoot or concrete proof of them soon. Although, I have a feeling the law of averages is going to get crapped on, if you get my drift.

#6    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Upsurge in actual activity or just upsurge in reports/news on the internet?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#7    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostOppono Astos, on 24 October 2012 - 09:45 AM, said:

Upsurge in actual activity or just upsurge in reports/news on the internet?

Yes!

Seriously, probably more people are seeing the shows and rerporting seeing a Bigfoot use to get you put on the socially excluded list, now it's more likely to make you a local celebrity.

#8    Nathan DiYorio

Nathan DiYorio

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

• Bitter words with sweet flavor are poison just the same.

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

All these morons crashing through the woods better hope what they're looking for isn't real. Eventually an ape will feel threatened, and suddenly the idiots won't have any arms to hold a camera with.

So for the sake of all the morons out there about to cash-in on the Bigfoot fad, I hope he isn't real.

Posted Image

#9    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,690 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Would sex with Bigfoot be ethical?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#10    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 24 October 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Probably, I've had sex with a lot of women who never trimmed their Sasquatch.

#11    Grey14

Grey14

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Does BF look hot? and is it a female? Dudes aren't my thing.

"The only thing Needed for the Truimph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

#12    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,140 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 24 October 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yes!

Seriously, probably more people are seeing the shows and rerporting seeing a Bigfoot use to get you put on the socially excluded list, now it's more likely to make you a local celebrity.
Oh oh.... That probably means if more Bigfoot shows appear on TV then even more people will start seeing Bigfoot in the weeds and in every shadow in the woods.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,140 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

They would somehow have to provide concent. Since they don't talk and don't write (Probably), they would have to be taught ape sign language. Maybe just the OK symbol with a finger from the other hand poking back and forth? :whistle:

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,140 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostGrey14, on 24 October 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Does BF look hot? and is it a female? Dudes aren't my thing.
I've heard the female Bigfoots are very big in the T&A department, and that their fur is supposed to be very fine.

:no: :no: :w00t:

#15    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Bigfoot reports increase during the summer. More people are out in the woods seeing stuff that might pass for Bigfoot. Or maybe Bigfoot really does hibernate during the winter.

UFO reports also increase during the summer. More people are seeing satellites and planes in the sky and more kids are Photoshopping on their computers.

Ghost and alien abduction reports increase during the winter. I'm not sure why. Most reports are from indoors so maybe being indoors is why.

Also tagged with bigfoot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users