Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S Army floats the idea of a 'magic bullet'

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    hardypeanut

hardypeanut

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• wild weird world

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

I bet they will be super cool

#17    Bella-Angelique

Bella-Angelique

Caprica Six Cylon

• 7,174 posts

• There is more to learn

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostCoffey, on 29 April 2012 - 04:13 PM, said:

I can't honestly think of an American invention that was genius and actually made by an American......

(So over patroitic they even slag off the Europeans.. when that is essentially what they are.. lol)

Anything created by a US citizen was created by an American.
The United States has never in its history been composed of a single race or ethnic group.

Posted Image

#18    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostMetal Head, on 30 April 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

Logo theivery!

Sorry but didn't know this avatar was already in use ,oh well too bad i ain't changing it....

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#19    sestra15

sestra15

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

What was that movie with Tom Selleck where bullets could be programmed for their victims.

#20    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

View Postsestra15, on 30 April 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

What was that movie with Tom Selleck where bullets could be programmed for their victims.

That was "Runaway" 1984.

#21    catfishyeah

catfishyeah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• All begin, and end with nothing.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Magic bullets? Could it be that the Nox Nyctores Bolverk is real? That must mean that Yukianesa is real also! I gotta spread the news!

#22    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,373 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:11 PM

The article does not say how the "bullets" are going to "hang around". The article implies that it might use the same type system as the kamakazi drone does, if so, then it is also a kamakazi drone and not a bullet. Bullets are not self propeled, and thus are subject to gravity and fall very quickly to Earth.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#23    Shayde

Shayde

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I do hope this is some sort of practical joke. Okay, I'm fully aware that elements of the US Department of Defence do have a "thing" for exotic weaponary, but this is going too far, surely?   Tell me this sort of technical suggestion isn't being made by a man who is also trying to sell the military special beans that grow very fast....

Now, not entirely sure just how such bullets like this would fubnction, but do have a vision of when these high-tech lumps of ordanance are fired, of seeing bullets floating around waiting for a target that's a bit late for combat. Might we even see a bullet, without a target in sight, catching a bus to deliever its fatal end!

#24    catfishyeah

catfishyeah

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• All begin, and end with nothing.

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, I hear you, to many casualties possible. But where would the fun and skill in war go if this did happen? It would be way too easy to do that. Seriously people, yeah magic and psychics are cool, but it doesn't mean we should use it to cheat. In my opinion, we should just scrap guns and go back to the way things use to be. All swords and bows (magic to, if it's real as I believe it is). It would solve a lot of problems with the Ozone Layer, and it shows the true fun and skill in war.

Nothing has changed, or ever will change. So we must change it.

#25    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,166 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 30 April 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

The article does not say how the "bullets" are going to "hang around". The article implies that it might use the same type system as the kamakazi drone does, if so, then it is also a kamakazi drone and not a bullet. Bullets are not self propeled, and thus are subject to gravity and fall very quickly to Earth.

I still don't understand nor can I envision the system they are talking about for this very reason.  I've done a little Service Rifle competition and it's amazing what a truly skilled individual can do with the right equipment - in almost any conditions - but this sounds like a physical impossibility as described.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#26    Mikami

Mikami

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

hahahahaha....god thats funny, just imagine seeing one waiting for somebody...also at first glance i thought AeroVironment, said aerovomit...

#27    MindfieldzX

MindfieldzX

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

I request you flap your arms like a bird until you reach a altitude of no less than 10,000 feet.

Preposterous ? It isn't far fetched, I would propose the bullets being held into place by strong magnetic fields ,and the weapon would work by when a target is spotted the entire apparatus that is forcing the bullet to 'hover', is able to shift the intensity of the magnetic fields dramatically and would gain momentum through this means.

The whole non-lethal part? Yea,whatever bro lulz

This shows off some serious energy and why I don't think its far fetched.

magnets will power this weapon, its the simplest solution and a viable option

Edited by MindfieldzX, 20 May 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#28    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,373 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

I doubt DARPA can magnetically levitate or quantum lock a lead bullet after it has been fired from a gun in a non-labratory environment. The only magnetic field available would be the Earth's own magnetic field, which is not strong enough to lift even a tiny object, like a steel needle, even a millimeter above the ground, much less hover a non-ferrous bullet a dozen to a hundred yards above the earth.

What you are suggesting Mindfieldz is simply another type of propulsion/firing mechanism. It is not a system to hover a projectile above a battlefield.

Edited by DieChecker, 22 May 2012 - 12:31 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users