Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Edgar Mitchell says a lot.......

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#196    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 09 April 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Here's my impression of Ed Mitchell.

The Noetic science stuff. Debunkers will jump on this but to me it's a sign of intelligence. It's broadenaing one's horizons. There's no disputing Ed Mitchell is a very intelligent person. The original role of science fiction was to get more people into science. Claiming that you are an "atheist" that doesn't believe in aliens doesn't make you a smart person. You could be a close minded person afraid of being percieved as guillible. Not smart.

You are the impression of a face palm.

Of course it is a sign of intelligence to you, that is not a great leap from what I have learned so far.

Posted Image

Conscious transformation huh? Hippy BS.

Your favourite group the CIA spent far too much time and money pursing this waste of time. The Government version of Mitchell's institute of Conscious Transformation (How do you say that with a straight face?????) was the men who stare at Goats.

Posted Image

It does not matter who is behind lunacy, lunacy is lunacy. Astral projection, remote viewing, afterlife, Psychokinesis - all BS.

Posted Image

My impression of Roswell:

A good book about Roswell is by one of the witnesses of the actual crash debris:

LINK: http://www.marceljr.com

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Early 1990s. Jesse Marcel, JR., and Linda Marcel

And what did his sister, who actually went to the site unlike Jesse Jr. have to say abou the debris field she had personally witnessed?

Posted Image

A ballon that had burst.

Well, whilst we may not have an agreement, we do have an opposing source for every source you can muster. It's ALL crap Stu. Everything related to Roswell is. Think about it. 60 years of media intervention  additional stories, and time to come up with new slants to sell the story. What do you think would happen to any tale after 60 years of Chinese Whispers?

The media makes up ET crap to sell headlines, that much is provable fact.

He [government official] told me that he had been charged with the responsibility of investigating the operation of a "black government" within the government, where funds were being spent without appropriate oversight to maintain a false story about the Roswell Incident and cover the true story up. He said his job was to report to the Senate Appropriations Committee, and advise them as to where these tax dollars were going.
Posted Image

He [Dick D'Amato (C. Richard D'Amato)] gave me a Capital Building address at which to meet him.

It is known that D'Amato has had private discussions with select researchers where he has detailed that there is a black arm of secrecy over the subject- and that money is being secretly appropriated to projects related to Roswell. D'Amato indicates that he does not know where the wreckage is now, and that it is such a covert project that even with subpoena power he could not penetrate these operations.

Bragalia? Seriously? Bottom of the barrel now Disco Stu. Good God Man, have you read his blog before? He also claims that Lonnie Zamora hoaxed his town, what do you think of that nonsense? Or are you cherry picking again?

Bragalia thinks everything is related to Roswell. I would not be surprised to see him claim Hamburgers are an alien design. What do you have? Some ancient story told through the claimants son for a new book. How you find that convincing of anything more than page filler I have no idea. Why would I believe this loose old unverifiable claim?

Hey, don't tell me, let me guess has has no reason to lie, so this has to be genuine proof of ET right? Ya know, I have this bridge, great condition, I have no reason to lie about owning it. Wanna buy it?

So there you have it. The Roswell UFO crash was a bad cover-up of an alien craft. Ed Mitchell is 100% correct.

There we have nothing, and yes, I agree that Ed Mitchell believes others believe in ET and knows nothing himself. This is anything but proof of a cover up at Roswell. Just a word of advice with regards to this  style of investigation, your case is stronger if your stick to events from the time frame, not modern made up stuff, now go Google Twinning memo, and report back with what you can find, there's a good chap.

Edited by psyche101, 09 April 2013 - 06:36 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#197    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,203 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 09 April 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

It does not matter who is behind lunacy, lunacy is lunacy. Astral projection, remote viewing, afterlife, Psychokinesis - all BS.

Really? Heavens*, you've solved a question that's occupied the greatest philosophers, theologists and thinkers of history? There is no Afterlife, people, sorry, it's BS.

:(

* or not, clearly

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh, 09 April 2013 - 06:40 AM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#198    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 09 April 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

Really? Heavens*, you've solved a question that's occupied the greatest philosophers, theologists and thinkers of history? There is no Afterlife, people, sorry, it's BS.

* or not, clearly

Whilst this is not the forum for it yes, I firmly believe that this is it, and this is what the evidence we have tells us. When we die we turn to dust, and only our memory survives us. It is not the middle ages any more. We do not have to consult the organs of an animal to predict the weather. We can look inside of things without opening them these days.

I would be in your debt if you could prove otherwise to me.

And I mean that sincerely.

Coming from a strong religious upbringing, I was brought up to believe this is the case, but in the last five or so years I have come to realise it's just another fairy tale.

Nothing I would like more than to see my Dad and long lost mate Harry again. I have come to realise that believing that I will is just kidding myself. Why do you believe in an afterlife? Have you ever studied the many Egyptian books of the dead, and the Sumarian afterlife tales that seem to have inspired the ideal of an afterlife in modern religion?

Like UFO's if you believe such airy fairy verbal art, more power to you, if you could prove existence of an afterlife to me I would be in your debt. Seriously, I want to believe that one, but simply cannot. Philosophy I feel is dead. I do not see how it applies to the reality of death. It just tries to make it easier to live with. In fact, I suspect that is the real point of an afterlife.

May I ask, does this mean you believe in Ghosts?

Edited by psyche101, 09 April 2013 - 06:54 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#199    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 09 April 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

heya matey... i don't know about the afterlife, but i think there is more to pk and rv than meets the eye... just me :)

#200    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 09 April 2013 - 08:03 AM, said:

heya matey... i don't know about the afterlife, but i think there is more to pk and rv than meets the eye... just me :)

Gidday Mate

I have seen some interesting theories, the best of it from you I would say, but I cannot say I have ever seen or heard of a result that makes me go "this has legs" only things that make me go " that is interesting, I wonder what could further support this".

But same mate, it's just me, like the afterlife, I'd be pretty impressed to be proven wrong, and not from a debate point of view, but a personal one. I'd really like to believe in an afterlife most of all, but I cannot see how.

The origins of the phenomena bother me the most, all those "psychics" in the 60's that got popular by remotely talking to Martians and Venusians. I find it embarrassing that grown people who were TV show hosts gave them the benefit of the doubt. It seems to have got out of hand.

Edited by psyche101, 09 April 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#201    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Of course it is a sign of intelligence to you,

Show me your MIT degree. Wait, you spend all your time on the UM forums. 23,000+ post :no:

A ballon that had burst.

You obviously haven't read Jesse Marcel Jr.'s book. :-*

This coming from a person who demands evidence. :unsure2:

The media just makes this stuff up. Whatever.....

Bragalia? Seriously? Bottom of the barrel now Disco Stu. Good God Man, have you read his blog before? He also claims that Lonnie Zamora hoaxed his town, what do you think of that nonsense? Or are you cherry picking again?

That would be Marcel Jr.'s account. Not Bragalia.

From reading your post I see an unhinged person or spin control person.

This is what I get out of you:

- Diversionary tacticts.
- The guilty by association game.
- Vague and unsupported statements
- Broad statements
- Dowplay by posting silly, unrelated pictures.

All in an effort to discredit a person. :no:

#202    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 09 April 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

* or not, clearly
Yep, he's one smart cookie that Psycho. Just ask him.

#203    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,685 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 09 April 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

*snip*

lol, the irony.... :yes:

why don't you address the arguments, huh?

#204    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

Of course it is a sign of intelligence to you,

Show me your MIT degree. Wait, you spend all your time on the UM forums. 23,000+ post :no:

Over 8 long years. That is what is called experience and that which you lack, and it shows, but you still think yourself some sort of authority? What have you got? 403 posts, gee, you must be very interested in the subject hey? Interested in trying to take out a skeptic I would say, is that all you do here? Come out when you want to battle a skeptic? Bit off more than could chew this time huh?

I would not put my credentials online! Crikey, I value my anonymity, I am Psyche101! I do not want some crackpot hunting me down to insist I debate him when I want to be out with my kids, nah, if that what it takes, I pass thanks. My posts speak for themselves. If they are too much for you, just say so! Good God Man, don't get yourself into something you cannot handle!

A ballon that had burst.

You obviously haven't read Jesse Marcel Jr.'s book. :-*

What does further funding the Marcel families continued rape of the subjet have to do with the fact you called Jr a Direct witness? He was not. Not in any way at all. He saw what his father brought home, Bessie was the one who went to the actual site. Why do you insist in the younger sibling who was not taken the debris field? She disagrees with her little brother! Why is that pray tell?

This coming from a person who demands evidence. :unsure2:

The media just makes this stuff up. Whatever.....

You want evidence? OK.

LINK - MEDIA WATCH UFO ARMADA INVADES NT NEWS

I noticed your a bit light on with links yourself, not much to share I take it, just a lot to protest about?

That would be Marcel Jr.'s account. Not Bragalia.

From reading your post I see an unhinged person or spin control person.

Dick DAmto was heavily covered at Bragalia's Blogspot. Seeming as you did not supply a link as the site rules ask, I will - do you deny this as being the source of your "Dick" information? - LINK

Yes, you might see that, from your cracked view of the Universe, anything is possible I suppose. When you lose a debate, you see a person "out of control"!!!

OMG, he has facts, he must be a control freak or sumptin!

Posted Image

You strike me as a sore loser.

- Diversionary tacticts.
- The guilty by association game.
- Vague and unsupported statements
- Broad statements
- Dowplay by posting silly, unrelated pictures.

Diversionary tactics

Would that be like avoiding all the points I have shown to be erroneous so far?

Guilt by association?

You have been reading my posts? You are starting to see people like Friedman for what they are? Good!

Vague and unsupported statements?

I know you do not post much, and that new information is a hill you have yet to conquer, but someone really should have told you by now the blue writing with the underlines are links - you click them and they take to you to a webpage, in this case, one supporting the supplied information. In fact, you are supposed to be doing it as well, but this explains a great deal. I will try to accomodate you and point out links for you in future, if you have any more problems, just sing out and I will endeavour to talk you through these problems.

Broad Statements?

Maybe, some of the material you have posted is archaic, and pretty silly really. They could be sen as broad statements considering the validity and nature of the subject material you have provided, Disco Stu. If something is confusing you, again, point it out, and sing out, I will do my best to break things down for you so it is easy to understand.

Downplay by posting silly pictures?

Well yes, I am guilty of that, some of the pictures are very silly. This subject tends to bring out deep passions in people, and that's pointless. It just heats a rooms up and ends a conversation, most people seem to enjoy a touch of levity, it keeps things on a more amicable note I find. But downplay? No I am not sure that is possible!

Edited by psyche101, 09 April 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#205    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 09 April 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Yep, he's one smart cookie that Psycho. Just ask him.

Posted Image

#206    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 09 April 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

lol, the irony.... :yes:

why don't you address the arguments, huh?

:D

Edited by Saru, 09 April 2013 - 09:27 AM.
Removed copyright cartoon

#207    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,860 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 09 April 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

"We told them there would be dire consequences," Noce says. "You scared them."

Posted Image

#208    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

In a 1980’s-ish conversation with retired DIA head Eugene Tighe, which was NOT about UFOs, but about sleuthing Soviet space secrets, we were discussing techniques of using scattered clues to infer broad generalizations about foreign technology. I was suddenly startled to hear the Roswell story come up. In the early 1950s, Tighe [1921-1994] had been a student at the DIA Intelligence School (over in the Anacostia Annex to the Navy Yard in DC for many years -- I worked there in 1973-1974). He told me that the 'crashed disk' was a 'case study' for future intelligence officers in how NOT to handle an anomalous recovery or event -- jump to a sexy conclusion right away before full analysis. Tighe told me that the officer's freaking out over what he was sure he had a hold of, and arguing for his interpretation even when he was asked to just provide what he had observed, was held up by one of his teachers as a counter-example of what a good intelligence officer is NOT supposed to do.

Elaboration: An intelligence officer is tasked to collect ‘intelligence’, that is, data about activities of interest. The collection ideally is ‘raw’ and unbiased by any interpretation of what it means – that is the task of intelligence analysts higher up the chain. A constant hazard of this process is an intelligence officer’s unwitting use of his own unauthorized [and untrained] analysis and his conclusions as to an explanation for the intelligence he is gathering. This is a process that can and does lead to subconscious editing of raw data to downplay information contrary to the way the intelligence officer has come to believe it must have happened [also called ‘confirmation bias’]. It’s why Marcel’s behavior would have been such a useful ‘bad example’ for future intelligence officers.

#209    conspiracy buff

conspiracy buff

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'm not gonna quote and rehash what has previously been stated.  But, what I will say is that people aren't paying attention to what qualified people are saying on the ET topic to dismiss it.  You have had astronauts like Edgar Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, and James McDevitt claiming to have heard about or seen direct proof of aliens or the subsequent cover-up.  Then, of course, you have all the Roswell people like Walter Haut and Jesse Marcell who were involved in the event and privy to the cover-up following the event.  Philip Corso was practically dying and wanted to get the burden of truth off his chest and let people know what was and still is going on.  We have the Majestic 12 documents detailing the governments involvement and even outlining their protocols for dealing with the whole UFO/ET dilemma.  Last, but certainly not least, is J. Allen Hynek.  For those who don't know their history, Hynek was the government's lead investigator on Project Blue Book which was the government's study on the UFOs and whether they were extraterrestials and determining if these races held a threat to national security.  Hynek was an admitted skeptic on the UFO phenomena until he started looking into these cases in which hard proof and eyewitnesses verified the reality of what was and still is happening.  Now how does the public face of a government study go from skeptic to believer?  Obviously, he saw enough of what was going on to think there was and still is something real to it.  Skeptics will claim it is a disinformation campaign, but that seems like mere double-speak on the part of those wanting to dismiss the reality of UFOs.

When you take a look at historical people that were in much better positions than the average person and analyze what these experts are saying, you'd be ignorant not to listen to their findings.  These people were privy to information that we will probably never have access to and have spent years trying to verify their research.  Are we honestly to believe that every single one of these insiders were crazy?  Or is that just the policy of those who wish to suppress the truth?  

There is a grain of truth in every conspiracy known to man, you just have to be intelligent enough to find it.

#210    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 10 April 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

I'm not gonna quote and rehash what has previously been stated.  But, what I will say is that people aren't paying attention to what qualified people are saying on the ET topic to dismiss it.  You have had astronauts like Edgar Mitchell, Gordon Cooper, and James McDevitt claiming to have heard about or seen direct proof of aliens or the subsequent cover-up.  ....

I seem to have missed Jim McDivitt's claim of aliens. Please remind me.

As far as Gordon Cooper's claim to having SEEN such evidence [eg, Edwards AFB 1957] , why -- in your eyes and your mind -- is the testimony of other witnesses and researchers [eg Jim McDonald] INVISIBLE? Having trouble seeing?

...and you said 'astronauts LIKE...' as if to imply there were even more. Are there any other -- a single one? -- credible astronaut stories you would offer as validated evidence?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users