Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Peace-prize winning Pakistani girl on Taliban

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 17 October 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

I am not supporting the attack but just questioning the information surrounding the whole incident.

I see that you are passionate towards the subject but how is it not cowardly to kill 8+ innocent civilians with a drone attack as you sit behind a computer. This is very hypocritical of the american media.

It's not hypocritical at all because the intent is very different. One involves civilians being killed by accident during a military operation. The other in a deliberate murder to prevent children from getting an education and to promote fear in a population. One is tragic, the other is evil. And if you can't see the difference...

As for your distrust about the American media let's look at other sources shall we?
British media:
http://www.bbc.co.uk...d-asia-19960207
Canadian media:
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...sithappens.html
Pakistan media:
http://www.pakistant...usafzai-report/
South Asian media:
http://www.sananews....sanullah-ahsan/
Chinese media:
http://news.xinhuane...c_131903939.htm

Hey look they're all saying the same thing. That Malala was shot by the Taliban who was angry they she was getting an education and speaking out against them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#47    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,593 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

there's always someone

#48    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Malala's recovery appears to be going well.....and that is good news..... :yes:

She has been joined by her father and family at the Birmingham hospital...

http://news.sky.com/...will-rise-again

The Pakistani schoolgirl shot in the head by the Taliban will "rise again", her father has said.

Ziauddin Yusufzai his wife and two sons were reunited with 15-year-old Malala, who is being treated at Birmingham's Queen Elizabeth Hospital, last night, after flying in from Islamabad.

He described her shooting - which came after she campaigned for girl's education in Pakistan - as a "turning point" for the country.

"She will rise again, she will stand again," he told a news conference.

"When she fell, Pakistan stood. This is a turning point."

Mr Yusufzai said she Malala was walking, talking, eating and smiling - and that all signs of infection were gone. He added that she would be having hearing and sight tests today.

#49    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,038 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

A Taliban spokesman made a statement that he didn't understand why such a fuss was being made.  Hopefully average Pakistanis understand.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#50    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Good news indeed. Hopefully her recovery will continue.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#51    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,563 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

There is nothing really to over-analyze here.  The attempted murder on the 14 year old girl was most likely done by an ignorant gunman who probably grew up under the influence of associated taliban (family?) members who forced him to memorise Wahhabism and Shariah Law by the age of 5.  Result -  a screwed up and poorly indoctrinated individual with limited mental and rational capacity.

My question is how Pakistan, who likes to pass itself as being pro-western and civilsed, is going to eradicate this scum from their land.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil, 07 November 2012 - 10:34 AM.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#52    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 07 November 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

My question is how Pakistan, who likes to pass itself as being pro-western and civilsed, is going to eradicate this scum from their land.

That's the big question, for Pakistan and other countries as well, but unfortunately there is no easy or even available answer. I am very pessimistic, general Zia ul Haq and other politicians in the ME ignited a fire thinking they can control it to serve their political goals, now it's a blazing wild fire which will take decades to extinguish or even control. The jinni cannot be squeezed back into the bottle and trying to do that requires a total overhaul of the system, education, and the media....and a political death wish.

#53    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,563 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 07 November 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

That's the big question, for Pakistan and other countries as well, but unfortunately there is no easy or even available answer. I am very pessimistic, general Zia ul Haq and other politicians in the ME ignited a fire thinking they can control it to serve their political goals, now it's a blazing wild fire which will take decades to extinguish or even control. The jinni cannot be squeezed back into the bottle and trying to do that requires a total overhaul of the system, education, and the media....and a political death wish.

Pakistan lost a lot of credibility and showed why they are classified as a third world country when they were incapable of stopping the assassination of Benazir Bhutto in 07.  Whatever her crimes, she was an enigmatic figure, a Pakistani icon, who proved it was possible for women to become leaders in Islamic countries.

With the rise of the Taliban within their borders, the country is also proving to be a dangerous powder keg sitting on nukes, ready to explode.  While their eternal foes, India, are slowly but surely heading in the right direction.

- Oscar Wilde

#54    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,593 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Looks like they have no control over themselves

#55    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,082 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

There is nothing really to over-analyze here.  The attempted murder on the 14 year old girl was most likely done by an ignorant gunman who probably grew up under the influence of associated taliban (family?) members who forced him to memorise Wahhabism and Shariah Law by the age of 5.  Result -  a screwed up and poorly indoctrinated individual with limited mental and rational capacity.

you are probably right. as  (fundamental) religious indocrination begins as soon as the baby is born, when the brain is actually forming.

("give me the boy until he is seven and I will give you the man"....... http://uk.answers.ya...25015743AAtbNey

Then this is the kind of thing that can happen? I remember there was something said by her attackers shortly after, when the world

was 'up in arms' about it...along the lines of.....'what's all the fuss about???'

Perhaps the attacker(s) were actually a bit shocked at the world's outrage, not expecting it as they are living within their own narrow world-view..?

don't know

Edited by bee, 08 November 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#56    MichaelW

MichaelW

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,523 posts

• Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

I don't consider Pakistan to be "civilised". Any country that considers violence against people who "insult" their religion (and we're talking about someone who didn't burn the Koran but people thought she did) acceptable isn't civilised.

And anyway, the Taliban deserve every single airstrike and bullet to the head that they can get. The more of them die, the better the world is as far as I am concerned.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#57    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,563 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

Well there ya go, just goes to show there is always a reaction to an action and it's not always negative.  In this case the negativity of the action was overwhelmingly suppressed by the reaction.
The only thing those bullets that tried to end a young life did, was to inspire in many more young lives the desire to follow the victim in her same footsteps.
Justice & Progress - Ignorance 1-0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20264715

- Oscar Wilde

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users