Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I am seeing the future in my dreams

slurp

I am a young student in highschool and i have never believe in seeing the future. Ever since i was in 6th grade i have denied ever seing anything in my dreams. I have always thought that I was just imagining things. I would always see exactly what was going to happen through my eyes. I would see it happen exactly to what i dreamed. I use to have these dreams frequently but they were not important. I could just tell where my family was when i couldnt find them because it was in my dreams. then my dreams became less and less frequent but when i had them they were actually important. I have played with it and if i do exactly what i see in my dreams everything pans out exactly. i have changed what happend though but it always leads to the same thing. Lately i will see test answers, ends of movies i havent seen, exact time and date that my friends will need me for support. Its been really freaking me out. I cant control when i see it. And its significants are unkown. I wonder about it everyday! its really scaring me. i dont know what to do anymore. This cant be real right? i mean i have a ******* log of manythings i have seen and it has come. theirs many dreams i have had that i dont know when will happen. I havent had a dream like this in 6 days now. and ive tested it where if i dont have a dream in exactly 9 days then the 10th day i will have a dream and it will be very clear, vivid, and much more important. if i see frequent dreams they tend to just tell me whats going to happen during the day. But the problem is it wont tell me everything in detail so i have to speculate it alot. the dream is most handy when its happening because then i know/believe what will come. but if it hasnt happened then i dont know if it even will happen or not. uhhg theirs so much to right and im not very encouraged to write about it. I suck at writing well and I dont even get whats happening to me. Its been happening for 6 years now. I dont know if i should even post. i probably sound crazy. thats why i dont talk about it to anyone.

hi

welcome at UM forums and let me congratulate you for being honest. My writing isn't really best as well and I am an introspect character, I would like to say that I can totally understand your claims and dreams. I had them too for a while in my mid 20's. While others can say about your events and honesty categorizing you as just another crazy person , instead i would start tell you fractions of similarities in my own experience. I was born in European country but always hoped to come to N America, more exactly USA. One night while I was in that stage of lucid dreaming not asleep but not awaken I started hearing in my mind a lot of French phrases. In fact the sentences were so well build and continuously spoken in that I awake when consciousness has kicked in. I found that experience to be extremely unusual and out of ordinary since I have never spoke french. One year later i found out about immigration to Canada and first time hearing about a Canadian province where first language is actually not English but french. So i decided to initiate the process and started learning French. In just 3 months I was capable of maintaining solid dialogs with my French teacher. In the next 8 months I landed in Montreal. Meanwhile before the immigration process was over I started having those dreams of places, roads and buildings that to my extreme surprise have turned to be real seeing them one year later after landing. Basically almost every week in Montreal Canada I saw a random place that it remembered about my past dreams having revelations. In fact while dreaming one day before landing in Canada I draw some places from the dreams mentioning to my wife that I strongly believe they are real places. After we landed I was able to pull these drawings matching with the reality. Some were astonishingly similar.

I also used to have very vivid dreams about events that never took place, they were so complex and complicated that they could have been well lice depictions from movies. I used to woke up after such dreams extremely affected. Was with the feeling that I've lost some precious memories from a life I never had. There were regrets like you will lose the most bellowed person in your real life , excepting that it was never real.

My friend, you are gifted like many others. Embrace this power and never let ppl or life to take such power away! I wish I could have all of them back but something alongside the way had made me loosing this capacity and I have strong regrets now. Don't run away from them and never ask to be taken away!

So, first thing in the morning, post a log of your dreams on the web - why not here...

Then, report back to us with some *verifiable* events. That may sound hard to do, but do you have a smartphone? There's a very good reason I ask - think about it...

• Like 1

I am a young student in high school and i have never believe in seeing the future. Ever since i was in 6th grade i have denied ever seing anything in my dreams.

Were you interrogated by the dream police? I hear that they are tough on dreamers.

I have always thought that I was just imagining things. I would always see exactly what was going to happen through my eyes. I would see it happen exactly to what i dreamed.

While it is my belief that some future events, yet not all events are not a random occurrence, but rather are predicated on an algorithmic string of possibilities and probabilities based upon past events that define the nature and course of future events; yet it can not quantify the time of the event will occur with any specific certainty.

Edited by 029b10

ChrLzs pointed out a great idea! You should use this topic as a dream log.

Other users can discuss each dream with you as you update it. :)

I had something very similar when I was in high school. I would daydream and end up having deja-vu very frequently. As a result I wondered if I did something different what the end result would be. So I played around with the absurdity, so to speak. So I'm very much aware of what you're going through and believe you.

Lucid dreams are a pain in the you know what. I rarely sleep, but when I do every dream is extremely lucid or detailed. Some times I'll know I'm in a dream because of something in the surrounding. Like, for example, I'll be awake and not know I'm dreaming, but then see a certain lamp on the table next to my bed, even though when I fell asleep it was on the other side of the room and wouldn't have normally been there. Such indications can help you realize you're dreaming, and maybe go along with the flow of things and not necessarily investigate, but pay attention closely to what goes on.

The problem is a lot of dream settings are combination of places you've been, and places you haven't been. The environment shifts a lot. Like, for a made up example: I could be in my room, walk through the door, and be at a McDonalds that's next to a field. You never really know! But when you're 'awake' in dreams you're able to discern certain details.

My advice:

• If you have lucid dreams, you may not be able to do it every time, but try to tell yourself "I'll be awake in my dream" before you fall asleep
  • If you're able to 'wake up' in your dreams, pay attention to the things in the setting
  • Have a notebook and a pen next to your bed for when you wake up; jot down what happened, because you'll forget it less than twenty minutes after you wake

If you log what happens in your dreams, you can use that as a reference tool to some of the things that you may think you're somehow predicting.

Then you can see whether or not the dreams and these predictions fit together better.

Were you interrogated by the dream police? I hear that they are tough on dreamers.

I'm a member of the sarcasm police.

And you're under arrest. :td:

• Like 1

I'm a member of the sarcasm police. And you're under arrest. :td:

[media=]

[/media]

The dream police, they live inside of my head.

The dream police, they come to me in my bed.

The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me, oh no.

You know that talk is cheap, and those rumors aint nice.

And when I fall asleep I dont think Ill survive the night, the night.

cause theyre waiting for me.

Theyre looking for me.

Evry single night theyre driving me insane.

Those men inside my brain.

(live inside of my head.)

(come to me in my bed.)

The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me, oh no.

Well, I cant tell lies, cause theyre listening to me.

And when I fall asleep, bet theyre spying on me tonight, tonight.

Theyre looking for me.

I try to sleep, theyre wide awake, they wont leave me alone.

They dont get paid to take vacations, or let me alone.

They spy on me, I try to hide, they wont let me alone.

They persecute me, theyre the judge and jury all in one.

Theyre looking for me.

The dream police, theyre coming to arrest me.

Edited by 029b10
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of hard to believe... being the internet and all...