Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Gun Control Will not work!

gun control guns control 2nd amendment

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#46    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,304 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

You know what I've never seen? A gun fired in public, let alone someone shot or killed.
You know what I have seen? At least a hundred car accidents in my life.

Posted Image

#47    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 16 April 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

Again, there are tons of laws concerning guns. There are many for cars too but that doesn't stop accidents, deaths and plain old irresponsibility.
I can't get into Australian statistic ATM but I can say they are a country nearly the size of the USA with the population of only one of our cities, New York, spread across the vast landscape. And for the record, our crime rates have dropped nearly 50% in the last 25 years.

That is my point, I am not advocating gun eradication but gun control. There will always be accidents, deaths and stupidity but gun control is about minimising these.

Around 80-85% of the Australian population is located in urban areas, most of Australia in uninhabited.

To get a better perspective of gun related incidents we should be looking at gun deaths per capita:

Australia - 1.05 deaths per 100,000
USA - 10.20 deaths per 100,000

So the USA has roughly 10x the amount of gun related incidents compared with Aust.

#48    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 April 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

You're right, let's ban alcohol because all drunk driving deaths are caused by drunk drivers.  Also lets ban all sharp edges because that's what 100% of stabbings are caused from.

Is it easier to kill with a gun or a knife or a bat. Hmm how many soldiers are armed with bats or knives. That argument is old and stupid.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 16 April 2013 - 04:12 AM.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#49    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,812 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Because, in that particular extreme scenario we don't want to have to go scrambling about looking for the local gun king pin hoping to barter what little left we have for a weapon.

So its not that you wont have access to guns if you decide you have to fight in a revolution... its about wanting them cheap. That means that the argument shouldn't be "We wont have guns to fight a tyrant government", but rather it'll be "Guns would be too troublesome and expensive to obtain to fight a tyrant government". Are we in agreement?

Outside of that scenario, we don't want to have to go looking for seedy underground gun dealers and becoming criminals in the process. You claim to own guns. I trust you to be responsible with yours. Why can't you relay that trust towards us?

I fully relay that trust towards those who are sensible and responsible with firearms. I'm not for banning any type of weapon --- I'm for meaningful gun control which would actually help the situation.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#50    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

View Postwatoom, on 15 April 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Just don't be shocked or go looking for condolences when​ the next massacre occurs. Fair enough you want to be able to own a gun, but there should be checks and balances on people owning them. Convicted violent criminals, mentally unstable and other people deemed a risk to themselves and/or others should be restricted from owning them. Gun control is not about denying everyone's access to all guns it's about limiting the access to guns for people deemed unfit to own them.
When the next massacre occurs, I can assure you it shall not be committed through a law-abiding citizen, and that's a promise. It isn't we "want" to own a gun, it is our god-given right to do so, whether an immigrant begs to differ or not. Your opinion hasn't the slightest weight as to what happens here, nor do you possess the ability to decide what will, Watoom. People unfit to carry a firearm are denied via background checks, but sadly, many are beyond gifted upon cloaking such illnesses.

Please don't be offended by my words, I am just a firm believer of the right to conceal a firearm.

Undated letter from J.F.K. said:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten."

#51    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostCollateral Damage, on 16 April 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

When the next massacre occurs, I can assure you it shall not be committed through a law-abiding citizen, and that's a promise. It isn't we "want" to own a gun, it is our god-given right to do so, whether an immigrant begs to differ or not. Your opinion hasn't the slightest weight as to what happens here, nor do you possess the ability to decide what will, Watoom. People unfit to carry a firearm are denied via background checks, but sadly, many are beyond gifted upon cloaking such illnesses.

Please don't be offended by my words, I am just a firm believer of the right to conceal a firearm.

Ok slap a gun on and save the world. No really give every person a gun and see if that effects crime.  To me it seems just more shootings.

You have no god given right you fool, as my right is to shoot you for not liking my god.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 16 April 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#52    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

That is my point, I am not advocating gun eradication but gun control. There will always be accidents, deaths and stupidity but gun control is about minimising these.

Around 80-85% of the Australian population is located in urban areas, most of Australia in uninhabited.

To get a better perspective of gun related incidents we should be looking at gun deaths per capita:

Australia - 1.05 deaths per 100,000
USA - 10.20 deaths per 100,000

So the USA has roughly 10x the amount of gun related incidents compared with Aust.

And once again, you people fail to see that most gun fatalities in the U.S. are done by criminals using HAND GUNS that were never registered.  Yet these foreigners who have absolute no need to speak on the subject come in with their "facts" and think they know how us Americans should be effected by our own Constitution.  This is the only time you will see a more Gun-Control supporters in these threads, when most of the U.S. is sleeping.

When most shootings are done with hand guns, why are politicians attacking our rights to own ARs?

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 16 April 2013 - 04:28 AM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#53    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• "Anti-Americanism is a pure totalitarian concept. The very notion is idiotic."

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 16 April 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

Ok slap a gun on and save the world. No really give every person a gun and see if that effects crime.  To me it seems just more shootings.

You have no god given right you fool, as my right is to shoot you for not liking my god.
Not once did I mention giving every person a gun would effect crime rate, you fool, That is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement I have ever read, and not to mention your skill of over analyzing my reply, but to the point of thinking I'd be one to believe in such a mediocre ideology... Next time bite your tongue.

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

#54    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

View PostCollateral Damage, on 16 April 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

Even if I believed in "God" and the bible, please direct me to where it states that "God" gave you the right to own a gun.

And before you say "2nd amendment" there are many antiquated notions that do not relate to modern society. Even the whole idea of the "2nd amendment" is inherently faulty as it is an amendment, so prior to the amendment it wasn't a "God given right"... what about prior to the 13th amendment when slavery wasn't outlawed, society changed then the laws changed. Isn't this the same? society feels there is a moral/sociological reason for the change and thus an amendment is made.

#55    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Even if I believed in "God" and the bible, please direct me to where it states that "God" gave you the right to own a gun.

And before you say "2nd amendment" there are many antiquated notions that do not relate to modern society. Even the whole idea of the "2nd amendment" is inherently faulty as it is an amendment, so prior to the amendment it wasn't a "God given right"... what about prior to the 13th amendment when slavery wasn't outlawed, society changed then the laws changed. Isn't this the same? society feels there is a moral/sociological reason for the change and thus an amendment is made.
Perhaps I should have worded it better: It is our right to bear arms. Let's not mix religion and politics, as they do not belong together, my apologies.

#56    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

View PostCollateral Damage, on 16 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Not once did I mention giving every person a gun would effect crime rate, you fool, That is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement I have ever read, and not to mention your skill of over analyzing my reply, but to the point of thinking I'd be one to believe in such a mediocre ideology... Next time bite your tongue.

So yet again you prove yourself a fool and think god has anything to do with guns and guns are a god givien right. Take a gun and use it.  Leave god out of the gun debate as I`m sure Jesus might take issue with you.

#57    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

Do not blaim cars, alcohol, bats or knives for murder. They all have a purpose beside being desighned for

killing humans. Go blaim a rock or a stick.

Guns were ment to kill., nothing less and to kill humans

Edited by The Silver Thong, 16 April 2013 - 04:36 AM.

#58    watoom

watoom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 16 April 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:

And once again, you people fail to see that most gun fatalities in the U.S. are done by criminals using HAND GUNS that were never registered.  Yet these foreigners who have absolute no need to speak on the subject come in with their "facts" and think they know how us Americans should be effected by our own Constitution.  This is the only time you will see a more Gun-Control supporters in these threads, when most of the U.S. is sleeping.

When most shootings are done with hand guns, why are politicians attacking our rights to own ARs?

"you people" who are you referring to? as for gun violence perpetrated by criminals it is still violence with a gun as the weapon. I'm not trying to tell you what laws you should have regarding gun ownership I'm only trying to express the many other options there are to try to curb the gun related tragedies.

#59    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,140 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Postwatoom, on 16 April 2013 - 04:38 AM, said:

"you people" who are you referring to? as for gun violence perpetrated by criminals it is still violence with a gun as the weapon. I'm not trying to tell you what laws you should have regarding gun ownership I'm only trying to express the many other options there are to try to curb the gun related tragedies.

My post was in agreement with yours just pointing out some foolis ideas from other posters

#60    Collateral Damage

Collateral Damage

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 16 April 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

So yet again you prove yourself a fool and think god has anything to do with guns and guns are a god givien right. Take a gun and use it.  Leave god out of the gun debate as I`m sure Jesus might take issue with you.
Who said I'm a follower of Christianity? Such is a fool's assumption, as there are many religions where Jesus isn't "god," nice try, though. Really, if you must resort to insulting for a method of getting your point across, that's quite pathetic. It's expected, however, I'm loving that ego. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users