Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can Your Body Sense Future Events?

Karlis

Can Your Body Sense Future Events Without Any External Clue?

Presentiment without any external clues may, in fact, exist, according to new Northwestern University research that analyzes the results of 26 studies published between 1978 and 2010.

"What hasn't been clear is whether humans have the ability to predict future important events even without any clues as to what might happen," said Julia Mossbridge, lead author of the study and research associate in the Visual Perception, Cognition and Neuroscience Laboratory at Northwestern.

Read more

• Like 2

I think we are capable of more than we think.

If I get a feeling about something it generally happens, 100% of the time. Sometimes I get the feeling, other times I just don't. Whether I can be sure something will happen due to the track record or just have no idea at all.

It's like a feeling I have towards people that I have a bad feeling about, especially regarding trust. I never fully trust them and I can't bring myself around to either. And for good reason. As sometime down the road they will turn on others closer to myself.

Pre-cognition might really exist, at least in some limited fashion, according to a new study of studies. Humans can anticipate near-future events even without any evidence presaging the event--and apparently without realizing it. One researcher even hints that quantum behavior might be involved.

It’s not necessarily extra-sensory perception, but “presentiment” can be real, and it may be based on physiological cues that biology still can't explain. It's something we've all experienced to some degree--like when you just know the driver in the lane next to you is coming over, or when you can feel that your boss is coming down the hall and you’d better look busy.

http://www.popsci.co...thout-any-clues

Interesting article.

I often get a "feeling" that the phone will ring, or that when it does ring, I have a "feeling" I know who it is.

It seems to happen more often than would be expected by probabilities.

Instead of it being some "psychic intuition", perhaps there are other cues that I am picking up on at a subconscious level.

Perhaps this article is a step toward science being able to explain some phenomena which have until now been deemed paranormal.

Gotta run...my phone is about to ring...lol

Perhaps this article is a step toward science being able to explain some phenomena which have until now been deemed paranormal.

Fact may be stranger than fiction.

• Like 1

I was pulling out of a friend's driveway one evening, and the thought came to me that I needed to drive slower than usual as I was going to have a deer encounter. So I drove pretty slow for about 40 miles, probably drove the cars behind me crazy. I get within 2 miles of my house, and no deer! Then I was started thinking, OK, I guess that was wrong, because I didn't see any deer, let alone have a close encounter with one. Just as I finished that thought, a deer ran across the road right in front of my car. I didn't hit the deer, because I was still going slow, but I heard a little metallic ting when the hoof lightly tapped my car as it went by. So maybe that's not an important thing, but it would have been had I been going my normal speed and reached that place in the road 2-3 seconds earlier. I knew it was going to happen, it just didn't happen where I thought it would.

Interesting article.

I often get a "feeling" that the phone will ring, or that when it does ring, I have a "feeling" I know who it is.

It seems to happen more often than would be expected by probabilities.

Instead of it being some "psychic intuition", perhaps there are other cues that I am picking up on at a subconscious level.

Gotta run...my phone is about to ring...lol

Sometimes I would think of someone whom I haven't had any contact with for years, and shortly thereafter I would receive a call from this person. Or you would think of a song and seconds later if would play on the radio. I always try to listen to these "voices". If I get a thought to not drive my usual way home but to rather choose a different route, I do that. I will probably never know what, if anything, could have happened if I didn't listen. But I choose not to take this chance.

When I really need to pay attention to what I am doing or I am making a wrong choice - I very often get a tingling pain on the top left side of my scalp. When someone tells me some news that is designed to scare me aka: "you client hasn't signed the contract yet, they could still walk" and it's not true I get a light feeling and know to ignore those things. My intuition and the tingling sensation have done me a lot of good when I pay attention to them.

Edited by libstaK

Sometimes I would think of someone whom I haven't had any contact with for years, and shortly thereafter I would receive a call from this person. Or you would think of a song and seconds later if would play on the radio. I always try to listen to these "voices". If I get a thought to not drive my usual way home but to rather choose a different route, I do that. I will probably never know what, if anything, could have happened if I didn't listen. But I choose not to take this chance.

I've had both the song, and meeting old friends thing happen.

A couple of years ago, I started thinking a lot about an old high school friend from 30 years ago. He moved out to California shortly after graduating and we lost touch...so I had no contact for at least 25 years.

I was thinking about him a lot and decided to look up his parents to see if they were still in town here. They were and still lived in the same house. Amazingly his Mother, now over 80, remembered me. She said, "What a coincidence that you have called today, John (my friend) is flying into town today from California. It's the first time he has been back in 15 years and his Father is dying of cancer"

Wow! I was dumbfounded at the coincidence (synchronicity?). I asked his Mom for the flight number and told her I would pick him up at the airport. It was equally overwhelming for him when he spotted me at the airport and I told him the story.

To me this was a mind-blower.

Another one. Recently, on another forum I frequent, a member posted in a favorite songs topic, that her favorite song was "Bittersweet Symphony" by The Verve.

At the exact moment I was reading her post, that song began to play on the radio station I was listening to...and I had not heard it in years!

Life is truly a wondrous journey!

Can Your Body Sense Future Events Without Any External Clue?

Presentiment without any external clues may, in fact, exist, according to new Northwestern University research that analyzes the results of 26 studies published between 1978 and 2010.

"What hasn't been clear is whether humans have the ability to predict future important events even without any clues as to what might happen," said Julia Mossbridge, lead author of the study and research associate in the Visual Perception, Cognition and Neuroscience Laboratory at Northwestern.

Read more

I have had many experiences of presentiment.....some huge events, and some small. One of them still troubles me to this day. It can be quite unsettling. In one of them I feel guilt because ' knowing' of said event.......I couldn't stop it. I am still haunted by it.