Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Transgender Woman Murdered, New York

Ratte

Islan Nettles, 21, died of "blunt impact injuries to the head" according to a spokesperson for the New York City Chief Medical Examiner. The death has been ruled a homicide.

Nettles was attacked in the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan last weekend. She slipped into a coma after the attack and was taken off life support on Thursday.

Nettles' mother Delores Nettles told ABC station WABC-TV, that before the attack a group of men surrounded the 21-year-old and called her derogatory names including "he-shes" and "she-males."

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=20057565&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fl.php%3Fu%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fabcn.ws%252F13PbueS%26h%3DYAQE1hv2c%26enc%3DAZMnYgTe9kOkNMwE4NR_g2dsYrx7uT3eBxgt8qKPKAFvZPFn6RTSDKO1kQ2Qc3zAYXJif-OUSWJ0pFahWF9FeLE_utpz0YDmp6jOs4ANm3EAZ969eG_fxJWSWSCpDfNKVd9v-RkXXvEUyA6BiaK0E2hT%26s%3D1

• Like 2

Well this is terrible. Hope these scum get caught. It doesn't matter if you're a random baseball player, a world war 2 veteran, or a transgender person - nobody should be the victim of these senseless attacks. RIP young one.

• Like 8

i clicked on it thinking that i didn't want to click on it, and then i read it knew that i didn't want to.

and it's nothing new and i'm just going to be angry for the rest of the day

• Like 2

i clicked on it thinking that i didn't want to click on it, and then i read it knew that i didn't want to.

and it's nothing new and i'm just going to be angry for the rest of the day

I didn't read it for the same reason. It all just gets to be too much. We are returning to a time when we will only be able to protect ourselves from the feral ones walking the streets. Even then we have to pray we won't have to surrender our liberty in order to save our lives. What has happened to this country? I pray for this woman's family in their grief and even for her tormentors... how miserable and broken does a human being have to be to commit such an act?
  • Like 3

For every human being on the planet, it seems there are a dozen or more human animals.

RIP Islan Nettles, a woman and human being who was brave enough to become who she was.

• Like 4

That is just so wrong. I think this is why if there are space aliens they never land in the middle of a big city. There is very little humanity in humanity. I feel so sad for the poor sweet child.

• Like 1

How sad for her family! I hope whoever did this gets life without parolee!

Mabon.

• Like 2

Its a sick world we live in

• Like 3

Not enough said. Gays are now off the table for gang beatings apparently, so the d**kheads have turned to the trans-gender. It's very troubling that anyone can be so callous towards a human being who died because of intolerance.

I didn't read it for the same reason. It all just gets to be too much. We are returning to a time when we will only be able to protect ourselves from the feral ones walking the streets. Even then we have to pray we won't have to surrender our liberty in order to save our lives. What has happened to this country? I pray for this woman's family in their grief and even for her tormentors... how miserable and broken does a human being have to be to commit such an act?

Eh?

What makes you think this is indicative of a change. Members of the LGBQT community have always been getting the crap kicked out of them, it's only relatively recent that people care enough or are understanding enough for it to hit the news.

That said, even though there are more news stories, violent crime has dropped 40% since the 80s, and is still going down. More reports don't equal greater increase in incidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/29/justice/us-violent-crime

Edited by ShadowSot
  • Like 2

So true ShadowSot. I don't think there is a period of the western world that has been so peaceful, but listening to the Media you wouldn't believe it.

So true ShadowSot. I don't think there is a period of the western world that has been so peaceful, but listening to the Media you wouldn't believe it.

To be honest, the US is lagging behnd the rest of the world. But still, rates continue to drop here.

Eh?

What makes you think this is indicative of a change. Members of the LGBQT community have always been getting the crap kicked out of them, it's only relatively recent that people care enough or are understanding enough for it to hit the news.

That said, even though there are more news stories, violent crime has dropped 40% since the 80s, and is still going down. More reports don't equal greater increase in incidents.

http://www.cnn.com/2...s-violent-crime

I am stating what I see in my own community and those nearby. The world is a sick, messed up place and if you can't tell the difference in the levels of open depravity then you must be lucky indeed.

I am stating what I see in my own community and those nearby. The world is a sick, messed up place and if you can't tell the difference in the levels of open depravity then you must be lucky indeed.

Oh? How exactly?

People more driven to fear today than they were because of false terrors pushed by the media, but despite that things improve. For every bad news story you hear millions of good ones go unpublished.