Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Problems with with internet and facts

Bateati

It seems like there are people who will spend literally days on the internet searching up information on certain topics. Then come to websites like unexplained-mysteries with this egotistical attitude as if they are experts on the topic.

(ex. these obsessed searchers of Atlantis, who might have never left the immediate area they were born in, but ravage the internet for information trying to put puzzle pieces together as if someone missed it who spent years actually searching for it on expeditions.)

Alot of these informational sites are hardly credible in there information. Most sites advertising the same information have completely different statistics. One will tell the orange is orange, the other says the orange is green.

It seems like if you could edit anything on the internet, you would be able to spread mass propaganda and rule the planet. We trust the system to much. Who is to say this is not already happening?

(ex. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but would it not be possible for any government or media organization to lie about the earthquakes in Haiti? To steal money, steal goods, make Haitians disappear or whatever you can muster up.)

How would we really know unless we traveled there? I feel like we are lied to way more then we could ever understand on a regular basis.

I personally take everything I read with a grain of salt. I have a real distaste for this sort of thing.

I suppose this is no concrete meaning, I'm really just spreading some philosophy or mine.

Sometimes we just need a spark in which can be turned into a flame.

If anyone else has feelings like this I'd be happy to see them :)

This particular thought has just been bugging me all night.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Purplos

• chaoszerg

• Stormy777

• Bateati

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like if you could edit anything on the internet, you would be able to spread mass propaganda and rule the planet.

I totally agree with you.

It seems like if you could edit anything on the internet, you would be able to spread mass propaganda and rule the planet. We trust the system to much. Who is to say this is not already happening?

The internet is used by billions of people, it would be hard to try to and control information and people on the net who have other ways of communicating.

I'm sure it is happening. Not the ruling the planet bit, but of course people are disseminating false or questionable information to further their own goals.

I HOPE the internet information glut forces people to be more discerning thinkers, but I'm afraid it creates a bunch of people who are just plain confused from information overload and believing far too much of it.