Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4 police officers shot dead in ambush at Wash

Ryinrea

PARKLAND, Washington (AP) — A gunman burst into a coffeehouse Sunday and opened fire on four police officers as they sat working on their laptops, killing the three men and one woman in what an official described as a targeted ambush.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I hope these people get caught, and killed in the process. I think it sound like these officers were targeted.

Edited by Ryinrea

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• SilverCougar

• Kazahel

• Ryinrea

I hope these people get caught, and killed in the process. I think it sound like these officers were targeted.

I was listening to this on the news today... This happened about 40 miles south of where I live. It's sounding more and more like it was a flat out execution of those officers. I'm wondering if they'll find it's gang related... the Lakewood/Parkland area has gang problems and it's a pretty high crime area. I feel for those officers and their families and I hope they catch, prosecute and throw the responsible party(s) in prison forever. Sounds like there were quite a few witnesses and the police aren't releasing much information at all about what happened or if they have a suspect.

I just hope they get this person. Those were officers just getting some coffee and getting ready to go to work.

I wonder if the coffee shop had a security video camera. It wouldn't have stopped it but might help catch the murderer.

I wonder if the coffee shop had a security video camera. It wouldn't have stopped it but might help catch the murderer.

I'd have to guess.... no. Most Starbucks stores don't even have security cameras (with a few exceptions) ... Foreza, the chain mentioned in the story, is a small local chain, I doubt that they'd install cameras for the same reason Starbucks doesn't. There isn't anything of great value in those stores, and these days, they don't do a ton of cash business anymore with so many folks opting to use credit/debit cards in lieu of cash. Although, I have to wonder if any customers whipped out their cell phones and snapped pictures. Probably not, but you can always hope someone was able to stay cool and collected enough to do something like that.

I was listening to this on the news today... This happened about 40 miles south of where I live. It's sounding more and more like it was a flat out execution of those officers. I'm wondering if they'll find it's gang related... the Lakewood/Parkland area has gang problems and it's a pretty high crime area. I feel for those officers and their families and I hope they catch, prosecute and throw the responsible party(s) in prison forever. Sounds like there were quite a few witnesses and the police aren't releasing much information at all about what happened or if they have a suspect.

I just hope they get this person. Those were officers just getting some coffee and getting ready to go to work.

>.< My inlaws live in lakewood.. but like the "nice suburban" looking place.

It does sound much like a hit =( Hope they find those punks quick.

It's not gonna be good if they catch the guy who did it...

Nope I think they kill the sucker, and I hope they do. Cops do look after their own, and someone hurts them may god help them.

Edited by Ryinrea

Although, I have to wonder if any customers whipped out their cell phones and snapped pictures. Probably not, but you can always hope someone was able to stay cool and collected enough to do something like that

I doubt anyone who would stay cooland collect would think that pulling out a cellphone and videotaping this would be a good idea...

Nope I think they kill the sucker, and I hope they do. Cops do look after their own, and someone hurts them may god help them.

Yes they do try to look after their own even if that means bending or breaking the law.

May god help them.

In the last hour, the police are reporting that they have a person of interest, a person with an extensive criminal background including robbery, theft, child rape, and recently assaulted a police officer during an arrest.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police-officers-shot-78089882.html

Geeze, I hope they find who did this... they're saying one of the cops managed to crawl out the door and shoot at his murderer before he died. They're hoping the murderer was hit, and would eventually look for medical attention.

Those officers that were gunned down were all long-time seasoned officers, with 4 spouses and 9 children between them. Just heart breaking.

Cops: Suspect in officer killings may be dead

SEATTLE - A suspect in the coffee-shop slayings of four officers is holed up at a Seattle house, wounded and possibly dead, police said Monday.

Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said negotiators were trying to communicate with Maurice Clemmons, 37.

Authorities have been seeking Clemmons in the deaths of four Lakewood police officers gunned down in a Parkland coffee shop on Sunday morning. They believe the gunman may have been wounded by one of the victims.

Late Sunday, they began to focus on the Seattle house, about 30 miles from the crime scene.

Negotiators used loudspeakers and explosions to try to prod Clemmons from hiding. Later, gunshots rang through the neighborhood.

Officers surrounding the house shone lights on the house and called out to Clemmons by name, saying: "Mr. Clemmons, I'd like to get you out of there safely. I can tell you this, we are not going away."

Any response from inside the house was inaudible from the vantage of a photographer for The Associated Press. But shortly thereafter, police began using sirens outside the house, and there were several loud bangs before the negotiator resumed speaking.

More of the article here: Link

-------------------------------------

The news is now that the guy somehow escaped and is still out there.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Suspect+Washington+shooting+evades+police/2282821/story.html

There is a report that this guy is a career criminal murderer and that for some reason Mike Huckabee commuted his sentance and so he has gotten out of prison early. Got out less then a week ago. Sad example of what happens to many career criminals in the US. They get out and then go right back to crime and then back to prison.

He might be dead already from a gunshot wound. Suicide by Police possibly.

Edit: Another story... http://www.seattlepi.com/local/412750_pierceco30.html

Edited by DieChecker

So wait.. Huckabee freed him from prison (a known career criminal) and he comes up to Lakewood and slaughters 4 cops..

*FACEPALMS* .. *then locks her doors*

So wait.. Huckabee freed him from prison (a known career criminal) and he comes up to Lakewood and slaughters 4 cops..

*FACEPALMS* .. *then locks her doors*

Yeap, Huckabee, has a long list of freeing prisoners The reason Huckabee set this creep free is, because the guy said he found Jesus. :angry: So Huckabee, will let anybody out who supposedly found Jesus . Uggg All I know, if it wasn't for Huckabee those four officers would still be alive.

Edited by Ryinrea

Well if he found Jesus, he must of lost him again...

Yes, that true, but as a daughter of a cop I am kind of p***ed at Huckabee.

Not that I blame you one bit.

Now we'll see if the families of the fallen officers will sue Huckabee for doing that.

Not that I blame you one bit.

Now we'll see if the families of the fallen officers will sue Huckabee for doing that.

I hope they well, it just I know I would of course. I am so angry, I hope they sue the hypocrite of all he worth.

Good old jailhouse religion :angry2: Another one slips through the cracks. These early or compassionate releases are for the birds. I hope they catch him, lock him up in solitary and flush the key. Feel terrible for those officers families and what they're going through.

Actually, if you read the current news coming out this afternoon... Mr. Huckabee must have misunderstood... this guy didn't find Jesus, unfortunately, he thinks he IS Jesus.

Huckabee will have to answer for this if you ask me... he let a guy free who was SUPPOSE to serve a NINETY year sentence! We want answers Huckabee, and you need to provide them, immediately. I'm locking my doors, this guy is presumably running around mine and Silvercougar's area now. Gah.

Actually, if you read the current news coming out this afternoon... Mr. Huckabee must have misunderstood... this guy didn't find Jesus, unfortunately, he thinks he IS Jesus.

Huckabee will have to answer for this if you ask me... he let a guy free who was SUPPOSE to serve a NINETY year sentence! We want answers Huckabee, and you need to provide them, immediately. I'm locking my doors, this guy is presumably running around mine and Silvercougar's area now. Gah.

Oh. :blink: Stay safe. I hope this guy's caught soon and nobody else gets hurt in the process.

Just had a good idea I think. If they corner this guy somewhere, how about the cops get Huckabee to go pick him up?

Edited by susieice

Oh. blink.gif Stay safe. I hope this guy's caught soon and nobody else gets hurt in the process.

Just had a good idea I think. If they corner this guy somewhere, how about the cops get Huckabee to go pick him up?

Oh Huckabee is already passing the buck like the good little religious right politician he is... he said this isn't his fault, but it's the fault of the Washington and Arkansas legal and prison systems. HUH?!!!! This would never have happened if Huckabee hadn't commuted this monsters sentence in the first place. Me thinks Huckabee's political career is at an ends here REAL soon. He won't survive this.

This whole thing is just sick and wrong. We've had 5 police officers here killed in the last 2 weeks. On Halloween night, some lunatic killed a Seattle officer and wounded his rookie partner. Have people lost their minds?!!

Oh Huckabee is already passing the buck like the good little religious right politician he is... he said this isn't his fault, but it's the fault of the Washington and Arkansas legal and prison systems. HUH?!!!! This would never have happened if Huckabee hadn't commuted this monsters sentence in the first place. Me thinks Huckabee's political career is at an ends here REAL soon. He won't survive this.

This whole thing is just sick and wrong. We've had 5 police officers here killed in the last 2 weeks. On Halloween night, some lunatic killed a Seattle officer and wounded his rookie partner. Have people lost their minds?!!

Good gods, the dude thinks he's Jesus, and is running around shooting cops and is atlarge? Or is he dead? People ain't being clear here!

Huckabee *NEEDS* to indeed pay for this... he can't pass the buck on something he freakin did! He commuted this idiot, not AZ.. not WA.. HIM! >.<

*hides in Mell's house*

Good gods, the dude thinks he's Jesus, and is running around shooting cops and is atlarge? Or is he dead? People ain't being clear here!

Huckabee *NEEDS* to indeed pay for this... he can't pass the buck on something he freakin did! He commuted this idiot, not AZ.. not WA.. HIM! >.<

*hides in Mell's house*

He's still on the loose, last seen in the U District this afternoon they think... He's been shot in the torso according to people who know him, and he's believed to still be alive. The cops thought they had him surrounded in Leshi (down on Lake Wa., by the Hydro pits) last night and this morning, but it turned out he'd slipped their drag net somehow. He's still running around, thinks he's Jesus and he's still armed and ready to shoot more people I'm sure. No one is safe till they find this guy...

You can come hide in my house--my 6lb dog will protect us! LOL.