Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Was Jesus a woman?

jesus woman jerusalem alternative history archaeology

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    WiseWoman

WiseWoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Shocking Archaeology discovery: Jesus was a girl!

http://www.nobeliefs...s/JesusGirl.htm

"Zahi Mazar, the head of the Institute of Biblical Archaeology at the Shalem Center in Jerusalem and the leader of the dig, exclaimed, "We are amazed!," noting that a painting, a brass relief, and a cylinder object were found in the dig that is actually from a contemporary period, made during the life of Jesus. "It was something we did not plan on," Mazar said. "

http://www.guardian....23/usa.religion

The point, she says, is "that in orthodox Christianity you don't assign gender to God. 'Father' is simply a metaphor for a figure of authority" - which doesn't make God a man, but makes it more important that His feminine qualities - gentleness and nurturing - be emphasised. The same goes for Jesus: regardless of his actual sex, "son of God" is a metaphor for an all-encompassing filial relationship

What do you think?

Edited by WiseWoman, 11 June 2013 - 04:17 AM.

#2    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

No, it shows he was a raptor

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,354 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:36 AM

well there's a load of gender pronouns associated with Jesus.
well three - him, his and he.

other then thst, yeah why not.
mind you, that makes Mary her lesbian lover. so at least it gets rid of that ridiculous "blood line of Christ" theory.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

View PostWiseWoman, on 11 June 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Jesus was a girl!

What do you think?

Yes, but only on "tequila Tuesday(s)"...

Edited by lilthor, 11 June 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#5    WiseWoman

WiseWoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

I certainly do not think Jesus was a Raptor! lol   But there have been so many theories, that I do feel the topic is up for debate. Ahh Tequila Tuesdays...I have to wait unfortunatly until the end of the week to have a drink! lol! :)

#6    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 3,980 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:26 AM

In describing the painting, Ephraim Balzar, a professor emeritus at Tel Aviv University, depicted the mural as, "Jesus with flowers in her hair, wearing a pearl necklace and a beaded anklet (ankle bracelet). And note Christ wearing the red lipstick." Also in the painting, "you can see a vertical ichthys that had a special meaning in ancient religions."
Ichthys is Greek for fish, and is represented by two intersecting arcs, commonly known today as the Christian Fish symbol. The Ichthys symbol was commonly depicted by pagans in a vertical fashion to represent the vagina, a symbol of the Great Mother' entrance to the womb. "You have to realize," Balzar said, "that the first Christians were pagans. And since they met and saw Jesus, they certainly would have known if she was a girl or not."

From WiseWoman's first link.

I'm wondering what makes these archeologists think these items depict early Christianity? They could as well have been pagan artifacts.

As far as Jesus being a woman, it's possible I suppose. Early Christian art depicts Jesus as a clean-shaven handsome youth, even boyish in appearance. Some of the first depictions of Jesus were made to look feminine as well, though this doesn't suggest Jesus was actually a woman.

It was not until later under Constantine that Jesus was depicted as a more mature person with a beard.

Edit: I have a link to this but I don't know how to link to it without posting the video. "BBC's The Dark Ages: And Age of Light - The Clash of the Gods(Episode 1)" on Youtube.

Edited by StarMountainKid, 11 June 2013 - 04:30 AM.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#7    WiseWoman

WiseWoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Cheese,
You are obviously a scholar.  Of course it could be just pagan depictions, but how to know for sure is the question.  Jesus has been depicted as feminine throughout history.  I have seen it it my travels throughout Central America.   I am going to watch this program BBC ...The Dark Ages: And Age of Light.  Thank you for your post! Blessings! :)

#8    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,109 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostStarMountainKid, on 11 June 2013 - 04:26 AM, said:

Edit: I have a link to this but I don't know how to link to it without posting the video. "BBC's The Dark Ages: And Age of Light - The Clash of the Gods(Episode 1)" on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK1KTqjbAjE

#9    WiseWoman

WiseWoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Thanks,

Abramelin!  Tomorrow I will watch it.  Who know what I will learn... Isn't that the beauty of life?  Learning something every day and connecting with humanity?  Not everything, but something to look forward to...:)

#10    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Joking apart... the Ichthys or fish symbol may well be an important symbol from long before the time of Jesus because it is representative of the geometric shape that results from two overlapping circles which produces the ancient sacred symbol of the Vesica Piscis. The link to early Christianity is pretty clear and indicated by biblical stories about 'fish' but the meaning behind this is clearly a geometric message. It is at the Sea of Galilee, probably near Magdala, that we hear about the miraculous catch of '153' fish.
This number '153' is a numerical sign for the Vesica Piscis as many people know and a strong clue that we should be looking for this geometric shape as it must have had a particular significance in early Christianity and presumably to Jesus. It also had much earlier 'holy' status probably linked to the Goddess.

It makes on wonder how many people know this when they display it on their cars etc...?

#11    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

• Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

Source of the ICHTHYS symbol: http://ichthys.com/i...explanation.htm

I'm a little doubtful if the crucifix would have been associated with Jesus this early: he/she was called the Christ during his/her life not because of being crucified (around AD 30-36, scholars' best guess AD 33) but because he/she represented the crossing of the divine and mundane in one being.

#12    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

Oh come on now damn it! Jesus was no friggin girl, he wasn't even a man. Everyone knows that Jesus Christ was indeed a mushroom!

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#13    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,283 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Every group wants to claim him as their own.  But they don't realize that the spirit is the important thing, not the container.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#14    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostWiseWoman, on 11 June 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

Shocking Archaeology discovery: Jesus was a girl!

http://www.nobeliefs...s/JesusGirl.htm

"Zahi Mazar, the head of the Institute of Biblical Archaeology at the Shalem Center in Jerusalem and the leader of the dig, exclaimed, "We are amazed!," noting that a painting, a brass relief, and a cylinder object were found in the dig that is actually from a contemporary period, made during the life of Jesus. "It was something we did not plan on," Mazar said. "

http://www.guardian....23/usa.religion

The point, she says, is "that in orthodox Christianity you don't assign gender to God. 'Father' is simply a metaphor for a figure of authority" - which doesn't make God a man, but makes it more important that His feminine qualities - gentleness and nurturing - be emphasised. The same goes for Jesus: regardless of his actual sex, "son of God" is a metaphor for an all-encompassing filial relationship

What do you think?

Seriously? Just stop already. Stop.

#15    WiseWoman

WiseWoman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Why stop?  This is a good question..was he a she or a he?  No one know's for sure, but who is anyone to dismiss it?  Still up for debate. :)

Also tagged with jesus, woman, jerusalem, alternative history, archaeology

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users