Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bush Or Kerry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will run the Country better? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will run the Country better?

1. Bush (18 votes [51.43%])

Percentage of vote: 51.43%

2. Kerry (17 votes [48.57%])

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

Vote

#166    psicohunter

psicohunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• "death is but a door
    time is but a window
    i'll be back"

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(Babs @ Oct 4 2004, 10:26 PM)
Hey, Celumnaz...could you elaborate on the people that threatened to leave if Bush got elected? cool.gif

...or how about re-elected?

View Post

now who's shallow
smart one

#167    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:35 AM

Haha it's the humor section, I remember the news reports though, will go find one lol.

Better?
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/leave.htm

Edited by Celumnaz, 05 October 2004 - 01:36 AM.

#168    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:59 AM

I didn't say anything about throwing people out. I said there is a ship coming your way, Fluffy. wink2.gif

Your quote:
Hey, Fluffy ... took up a collection and got a big boat together and we're sending it your way. You're all going to be shipped out; you and all those european thinkers are goin' to europe! 

Throwing people out, shipping people out, same difference.  rolleyes.gif

Celumnaz...I agree. Some people put words in your mouth around here, you have to watch out for that. Fluffy was talking about a collection awhile back, I believe, and it was a collection being taken up for' republican-type' thinkers, so I came back with a collection_ that I took up_ for Fluffy and all the Kerry-ites. grin2.gif  I said, a big ship was coming round their neck-of-the woods and Fluffy should hold his nose and"JUMP!"  laugh.gif  It was called the Kerry-Euro-Boat. laugh.gif

That is not true babs, you were the first and only one to bring up the idea of shipping Euro thinkers(whatever that means) to europe. I never said or did any such thing as "taking up a collection". Here you go again. You are amazing.

(Anyway, wun and Fluffy have used other words and made it sound harsh. I guess it is to make me look bad because they can't do anything else). 

Well at least I can give a straight answer to a question, which you have not been able to do as of yet. We do not need to give you any help whatsoever to make you look bad.

Edited by Fluffybunny, 05 October 2004 - 02:07 AM.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#169    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:11 AM

You know, Fluffy would be welcome in Europe grin2.gif It would be nice to gather all the people who actually had a clue about politics and world affairs in one place, and leave the US to stagnate under the rule of sound bite spewing nut jobs tongue.gif

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#170    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,885 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE(Seraphina @ Oct 5 2004, 03:11 AM)
You know, Fluffy would be welcome in Europe grin2.gif It would be nice to gather all the people who actually had a clue about politics and world affairs in one place, and leave the US to stagnate under the rule of sound bite spewing nut jobs tongue.gif

View Post

Wouldnt it work out better to move all the people who actually have a clue about politics and world affiars into the US? Bah, hell, just merge US with the EU already! Im tired of having to memorise 150+ countries in geography class!

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#171    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(Stellar @ Oct 4 2004, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE(Seraphina @ Oct 5 2004, 03:11 AM)

View Post

Thank you Sera, I appreciate that.

Wouldnt it work out better to move all the people who actually have a clue about politics and world affiars into the US? Bah, hell, just merge US with the EU already! Im tired of having to memorise 150+ countries in geography class!

View Post

OK, I have an idea;
"The United Kingdom-like States of America and European Union"

We could build an 8 lane bridge from New York harbor to Cardiff...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#172    sourpatchkid

sourpatchkid

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

• Spelling stuff right is cool.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:32 AM

Kerry is a traitor for starters.

yeah, so was clinton, and he was a dirty old man. but he did a f*ck of a job running our country, man i miss the hay-day of clinton. just cuase you consider kerry a traitor.... Dont you think that bush is a traitor? He led our country into a war looking for osama, then he switched the focus to saddam hussein, HE LIED TO OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY, INCLUDING THE SENATE. he never found osama, now he says hes "not that worried about him" it sucks, its complete sh*t. his family has a big interest in oil, thats all he wants, it was a personal vengence against the hussein family and he used the tragic deaths of thousands of americans as an excuse to extract revenge on his personal enemy. that sucks sh*t too. man i f-ing hate that f-er. he's screwing my child out of a chance at a decent education.
IF YOU IGNORE EVERYTHING ELSE I SAY PLEASE READ THIS:
IM NOT HEAD OVER HEELS ABOUT KERRY EITHER O.K.? HES NOT THE ANSWER TO ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS, BUT THEN, NO POLOTICIAN IS. HERES THE WAY I LOOK AT THIS: IF YOU VOTE FOR KERRY AT LEAST YOU ARE SAYING "YES, I WANT THE POSSIBILITY THAT THINGS CAN CHANGE" IF YOU VOTE FOR BUSH YOU ARE THROWING AWAY ANY REMOTE CHANCE OUR COUNTRY HAS OF RE-ESTABLISHING ITSELF, ECONOMICALLY, AND WITH OUR WORLD ALLIES. PLEASE, IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED, DO NOT VOTE FOR BUSH, UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT YOU DONT WANT ANYTHING TO CHANGE FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[size=4][color=#FF0000]All your base are belong to us[color=#FF0000]

#173    Independent1

Independent1

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(sourpatchkid @ Oct 4 2004, 10:32 PM)
Kerry is a traitor for starters.

Dont you think that bush is a traitor? He led our country into a war looking for osama, then he switched the focus to saddam hussein, HE LIED TO OUR ENTIRE COUNTRY, INCLUDING THE SENATE.

View Post

This has been debunked by a nuetral website, Factcheck.org .  Bush did not Lie, he acted on info that he believed to be true, and that seemed to be verified by Russian Intelligence, MI-5, Jordanian Intelligence, Israeli, French, etc....

#174    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(Babs @ Oct 4 2004, 09:12 PM)
Celumnaz...I agree. Some people put words in your mouth around here, you have to watch out for that. Fluffy was talking about a collection awhile back, I believe, and it was a collection being taken up for' republican-type' thinkers, so I came back with a collection_ that I took up_ for Fluffy and all the Kerry-ites. grin2.gif  I said, a big ship was coming round their neck-of-the woods and Fluffy should hold his nose and"JUMP!"  laugh.gif  It was called the Kerry-Euro-Boat. laugh.gif

lol I missed that earlier sorry Babs!  Definately, not just here but ouside the computer room too hehe.

I also wish at times I could send people opposed, or strongly opposed at least to some far away isle, maybe worse when I'm in a bad mood.  And I'm convinced the same people opposite my views think the same thing time to time wether they admit it or not.  When exploring options, only the neive wouldn't have that one land smack on their brain for consideration, but talking about it and doing it are different things.

I think most kind of balk when the thought of forced mass expulsion, something is obviously wrong with the idea, and think of something better.  But!  I have no problem asking those whiney crybabies who have said they'd leave as in the links above to kindly do so, and mind the door on your way out.

And everything they've said, from the day Bush was in office, is bzzzzzzzzz... waaa waaa... in my opinion.

#175    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE(sourpatchkid @ Oct 4 2004, 10:32 PM)
IF YOU VOTE FOR KERRY AT LEAST YOU ARE SAYING "YES, I WANT THE POSSIBILITY THAT THINGS CAN CHANGE" IF YOU VOTE FOR BUSH YOU ARE THROWING AWAY ANY REMOTE CHANCE OUR COUNTRY HAS OF RE-ESTABLISHING ITSELF, ECONOMICALLY, AND WITH OUR WORLD ALLIES. PLEASE, IF YOU ARE UNDECIDED, DO NOT VOTE FOR BUSH, UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE THAT YOU DONT WANT ANYTHING TO CHANGE FOR ANOTHER FOUR YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hate to break it to you, but they're both decended from Charlemagne, both in skull & bones, and for other reasons both are going to do the same core thing to the country, just in different ways.
Kerry is scum, a liar, a traitor, a worm, a weasel, a... what's the word? Eliteist lying sell-out-our-military-tomorrow while destroying the economy at the same time umm, jerk.

Lt. Col. Robert "Buzz" Patterson's book Reckless Disregard has a collection of Kerry anecdotes from AF Captain Hal Cranmer, who flew Kerry around when he traveled to Indochina on the POW/MIA issue (pages 98-100), really devastating. I think I saw them posted on FR a long time ago.

When Cranmer realized Kerry owned a sailboat, he mentioned he had a small 27-footer; Kerry snorted, "I never sail on anything less than 135 feet."

If he grew a spine he'd ask what to do with it, the one thing I can see he's consistant on is voting against the money our military needs to be equipped, informed, and capable.

Check it out.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll..._menu_108_2.htm

It's hard to find any he's voted on, I don't know anything but my small searh is only like 75, I've read something about 355, I figure it's a few more than that, and that's it.

And I'm not looking recent, I'm going back to when they should be voting on stuff trying to find specific dates in articles then going to the gov site to read the votes around that time.

I'm starting to dislike the guy.  And I'm not voting for Bush, heh, but I hope he wins.  I know in my area he will, so I feel my vote at least in my area is a grain of dust in the wind, but I'll make it anyway.

Oh, and Clinton took the Reagan economy, destroyed it, and CBS just gave his administrations interpretation of the numbers.  Clinton's a traitor too, China funds campaign, los alamos security goes to pot, China has long range missles, Clinton plays the sax.  More to it than one sentence, and that's not the only crappy thing Clinton did to us.

And as Independent1 said, you're just flat out wrong with the Bush lied thing, and everyone that's been repeating that mantra trying to get people to believe it should be listened to next time with a critical ear.  And for all the reasons good and bad, it being a thing about Saddam trying to assasinate Bush's father is just icing on the cake Saddam baked himself.

#176    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:25 AM

Was it right in hindsight to keep Saddam from taking Kuwait?  Saddam would have been in control all these years if we didn't.  Here's the list of people that would rather have had Saddam in control of Kuwait.  The vote to use force against Iraq in 1991.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll...on=1&vote=00002

00002 12-Jan  S.J.Res. 2  On the Joint Resolution  Agreed to  S.J.Res.2; Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Adams (D-WA), Nay
Akaka (D-HI), Nay
Baucus (D-MT), Nay
Bentsen (D-TX), Nay
Biden (D-DE), Nay
Bingaman (D-NM), Nay
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boren (D-OK), Nay
Bradley (D-NJ), Nay
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Brown (R-CO), Yea
Bryan (D-NV), Yea
Bumpers (D-AR), Nay
Burdick, Quentin S (D-ND), Nay
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Nay
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Coats (R-IN), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Cohen (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Nay
Craig (R-ID), Yea
Cranston (D-CA), Not Voting
D'Amato (R-NY), Yea
Danforth (R-MO), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Nay
DeConcini (D-AZ), Nay
Dixon (D-IL), Nay
Dodd (D-CT), Nay
Dole (R-KS), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Durenberger (R-MN), Yea
Exon (D-NE), Nay
Ford (D-KY), Nay
Fowler (D-GA), Nay
Garn (R-UT), Yea
Glenn (D-OH), Nay
Gore (D-TN), Yea
Gorton (R-WA), Yea
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Gramm (R-TX), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Nay
Harkin (D-IA), Nay
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Hatfield (R-OR), Nay
Heflin (D-AL), Yea
Heinz (R-PA), Yea
Helms (R-NC), Yea
Hollings (D-SC), Nay
Inouye (D-HI), Nay
Jeffords (R-VT), Yea
Johnston (D-LA), Yea
Kassebaum (R-KS), Yea
Kasten (R-WI), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Nay
Kerrey (D-NE), Nay
Kerry (D-MA), Nay
Kohl (D-WI), Nay
Lautenberg (D-NJ), Nay
Leahy (D-VT), Nay
Levin (D-MI), Nay
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
Mack (R-FL), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Metzenbaum (D-OH), Nay
Mikulski (D-MD), Nay
Mitchell (D-ME), Nay
Moynihan (D-NY), Nay
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Nickles (R-OK), Yea
Nunn (D-GA), Nay
Packwood (R-OR), Yea
Pell (D-RI), Nay
Pressler (R-SD), Yea
Pryor (D-AR), Nay
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Riegle (D-MI), Nay
Robb (D-VA), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Nay
Roth (R-DE), Yea
Rudman (R-NH), Yea
Sanford (D-NC), Nay
Sarbanes (D-MD), Nay
Sasser (D-TN), Nay
Seymour (R-CA), Yea
Shelby (D-AL), Yea
Simon (D-IL), Nay
Simpson (R-WY), Yea
Smith (R-NH), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Symms (R-ID), Yea
Thurmond (R-SC), Yea
Wallop (R-WY), Yea
Warner (R-VA), Yea
Wellstone (D-MN), Nay
Wirth (D-CO), Nay

Edited by Celumnaz, 05 October 2004 - 04:26 AM.

#177    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 05 October 2004 - 04:39 AM

Well, it was relevant for almost 10 pages, I suppose that should count for something.  rolleyes.gif

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users