Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5542 replies to this topic

#3151    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,024 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 October 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

So can I challenge you on this?  What's your verdict on the Winchester case?

I do not have one. I have not spent enough time looking at it to have a verdict.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3152    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,975 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

I do not have one. I have not spent enough time looking at it to have a verdict.
Thats pretty simple: alienz did it  :whistle:

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#3153    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 06 October 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Lies? Not exactly: human beings are susceptible to what they see, and visual perception often fails. Want examples?

Can you tell me please what you thought the couple in the Winchester case saw?

Edited by zoser, 06 October 2012 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image

#3154    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

The sincerity of two testimonies by elderly everyday folk, the look in their eyes, the intensity of the voices, the sensitivity of the disclosure, the risk of ridicule?  That says nothing to you at all?

Edited by zoser, 06 October 2012 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

#3155    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,975 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 October 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

Are you forcing me to watch YT again?!

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#3156    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 06 October 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Are you forcing me to watch YT again?!

Well being as this thread is about compelling testimonies yes.  Come on Mr B go for it.

Just about to have dinner; brb.

Edited by zoser, 06 October 2012 - 06:09 PM.

Posted Image

#3157    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,975 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 October 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

Well being as this thread is about compelling testimonies yes.  Come on Mr B go for it.

Just about to have dinner; brb.
Ok, I'll watch it. But, if its the same blap crap trap, I'll hire most powerful woodoo expertz to make you suffer for wasting time of mine...

#3158    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 06 October 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Hazz is not really a participant since he posts nothing but one-liners anyone, but with no real evidence of his own or even any serious commentary on those who post evidence.  He's not quite on the level of DONTEATUS, but pretty close.

Although I wholeheartedly agree with your comments on 'Hazzard's unproductive-negativity',...I have to say MacGuffin, you are very-much underestimating the value of Donteatus's dry wit!.. If you get on the guy's wavelength ,his deadpan delivery is a wonder to behold!
And you must also remember that 'the old man' has "lived the life" and has probably forgotten more than most of us will ever know!....In short, Big 'D' is one of the good guys!... :tu:

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

#3159    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,024 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 October 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

The sincerity of two testimonies by elderly everyday folk, the look in their eyes, the intensity of the voices, the sensitivity of the disclosure, the risk of ridicule?  That says nothing to you at all?

Again....

I have not spent enough time looking at it to have a verdict.

If I did, I would look at every possible answer, not just one, then decide.

I have had plenty of people say things with " sincerity " that ended up being lies, so has everyone." sincerity " and " honesty " mean nothing to many people anymore. I do not personally know them, neither do you.

And, again, I have not looked into this enough to form a verdict of what I think.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#3160    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 06 October 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Quality of theirs overcomes quantity of yours. Simple.

LOL LOL LOL

I have almost never seen that happen.

I have indeed "checked" on these UFO cases, and in fact I was checking on them when you were still learning your ABCs.  I know what the best ones are, just about all of them, including some that few people have heard of.

#3161    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

View Post1963, on 06 October 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Although I wholeheartedly agree with your comments on 'Hazzard's unproductive-negativity',...I have to say MacGuffin, you are very-much underestimating the value of Donteatus's dry wit!.. If you get on the guy's wavelength ,his deadpan delivery is a wonder to behold!

Sure, I know that D is meant to be taken humorously, including his kooky spelling, although Hazz is far from being humorous.

#3162    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 October 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

I just watched this one.  Twice actually.  The second time through was to study body language, which I have researched over the years.
Seems to me this couple are telling the truth.  Either these events actually happened to them, or they wholeheartedly believe they happened.
It would be unlikely that they both experienced a psychotic episode resulting in the same memory.
I thought it odd that the woman was relating 90% of events while the guy sat silent.
A "boiler suit" with a polo neck sweater is very common attire with British military aviators and groundcrews.  However she did mention the full beard which would contradict that source for the events.  Anyway, there's no reason that ET's wouldn't be wearing similar attire.

My thoughts on this one are that the couple are telling the truth.  If it was a fabrication, it's unlikely she would have that deadpan expression with her eyes locked on the person she was speaking to.

I'm putting this one in my "high probability of legit file"

My personal BS meter didn't even register.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#3163    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,975 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Ok, just watched that Winchester  (efking silly me, again). For f** sakes, folks hit the curb and their pants painted brown... In shock condition anything can come out. Hire any prof in interrogation, and their story would blow up as  party balloon... Pffft....

Now I have to find real woodoo masterz...

Edit: spelling

Edited by bmk1245, 06 October 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#3164    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,975 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 06 October 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

LOL LOL LOL

I have almost never seen that happen.

I have indeed "checked" on these UFO cases, and in fact I was checking on them when you were still learning your ABCs.  I know what the best ones are, just about all of them, including some that few people have heard of.
You may know ABC, but thats it, nothing more.
Once again, check data.

#3165    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 06 October 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

You may know ABC, but thats it, nothing more.
Once again, check data.

Your posts provide nothing but contradiction and ridicule of very interesting viewpoints.  You are debating this issue in a manner typical of an individual who has very limited knowledge of the subject at hand.

Edited by synchronomy, 06 October 2012 - 06:51 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users