Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jacket converts to homeless shelter

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    ozman

ozman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

• Thatadvice.com is my fav site

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

What a wonderful invention, a jacket that converts into a sleeping shelter for the homeless.

Posted Image

#2    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

Or shelter after you lose your house to a hurricane .

Miss me?

#3    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

A great invention. More people should think of creating things for the homeless and less fortunate and less on selfish desires.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#4    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Awwww it says I can't view it in my country.... Maybe it's because I'm on my iPod? I'll try again later.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,970 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

The world can be an awfully cold place when you no longer have a roof to shield you from the night.  This idea is wonderful and I wish this young lady and her cohorts all the success in the world for doing good work.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,923 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Wow, "the uploader did not make this video available in your country" hilarious, thanks you-tube uploader :td:

Anyway, for those in my sphere I found a kinder uploader here is the Southern Hemisphere friendly link....

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Here is a somewhat similar story, which was aired on Australia's TV last night.

'Angel' lends a helping hand

November 14, 2012, 6:18 pm Mark Gibson Today Tonight
A selfless young woman whose mission is to help her city's homeless has secretly been joined by an undercover angel - one of Australia's richest men.

Every Saturday night Sarah English takes volunteers on a walking tour of Perth, exposing the city's homelessness problem.

Along for the ride is Tony Sage - Perth Glory's well-known owner, a multimillionaire mining magnate and red carpet regular, who's about to become English's 'undercover angel'.

English and Sage are total strangers, who are about to become the best of friends.

Three years ago, as a twenty-year-old, English started Swags Team Perth. Her aim is to provide a life-saving 'backpack bed' to every homeless person in Perth.

The award-winning beds, created by Tony Clark are designed for homeless people who are turned away from shelters empty-handed.

English did the sums and realised that with 760 rough sleepers in the Perth CBD, the beds, at $68 each, would cost around $52,000. Add $3000 for shipping and storage, and her target is $55,000.

"We've raised about $23,000 so far, so we're nearly half way there which is brilliant," English said.
And that's where the 'undercover angel' comes in with a very special surprise offer.
Source: and watch the video

In case the above video clip from TV Station Channel 7 is not playing, here is a youtube clip

Edited by Karlis, 17 November 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#8    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,010 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

What a inventive idea. I want one and I'm not even homeless.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#9    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,923 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostPurifier, on 18 November 2012 - 12:03 AM, said:

What a inventive idea. I want one and I'm not even homeless.
Me too, so many reasons - chilly nights out watching fireworks or open air shows, camping etc.  For the homeless who have no choice it is a poor substitute for real shelter though.  Community halls should be opened with airbeds lined up across the floor and these jackets avail for homeless who cannot access a bed in a proper shelter, it's better than freezing or being molested in an isolated "nook" between buildings somewhere.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#10    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,010 posts

• Wild Card

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 18 November 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

Me too, so many reasons - chilly nights out watching fireworks or open air shows, camping etc.  For the homeless who have no choice it is a poor substitute for real shelter though.  Community halls should be opened with airbeds lined up across the floor and these jackets avail for homeless who cannot access a bed in a proper shelter, it's better than freezing or being molested in an isolated "nook" between buildings somewhere.

Thou (really) speakth the truth, Libstak. If I were homeless, I think I know I would prefer a warm shelter with a airbed any day. Yet, I'm glad someone came up with this invention/idea.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users