Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#211    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 09 February 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

I don't know what they're called in the UK or the US but there are "very small tornadoes" called willy-wilies here in Oz, they last seconds, do very little damage beyonf knock over a few potplants and make interesting patterns in the dust. Presumably if they occur over crops thye'll flatten them.

Around here we call them dust devils. :tu:

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#212    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Postlaver, on 09 January 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

' We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are true and explain their appearance'   -- Isaac Newton

Evidence from crop designs shows that some are made by the use of some sort of microwave energy, or similar, with evidence of heating to the plants to get them to bend
Recent proposals to explain this suggest that humans are using some sort of microwave device to create crop designs
This cannot be true as there is no evidence of human technology or ability to create large designs in this way or that there is a way to power such a device in the locations and circumstances where these designs suddenly appear
So those crop design that show evidence of 'microwave' heating must be of non human origin
It is the simplest solution  - Occum's Razor in practice

That is an ASSUMPTION AKA THEORY perpetuated by the wannabe researchers. There is no evidence of microwave radiation in causing crop circles. They see bent or blown areas in the plant, and make a theory that it must be microwaves causing it. Haha. I've tested it myself, put some plant in the microwave, the STEM pops, not the NODE. And then they continue to catch fire.

"Bent and blown nodes" are due to the plants bending and stressing at the node from phototropism.

How about a real test for this theory. Click to enlarge
Posted Image

Edited by AlienDan, 10 February 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#213    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,877 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

what happens when you point a "microwave projector" at a piece of meat?
if you stick a piece of meat in a mixrowave oven it gets cook, but whst abouy in a beam?

#214    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 February 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

what happens when you point a "microwave projector" at a piece of meat?
if you stick a piece of meat in a mixrowave oven it gets cook, but whst abouy in a beam?
Do you wear hats indoors too ? Like those NQ yobbos ?

#215    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,877 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

it's rude to wear hats indoors.

#216    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Its acceptable in NQ... anywhere nth or Rocky or west of Gympie

#217    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

gods .. It has just sunk in.. I am moving to country qld.. country music and cowboy hats *sigh* the things you do for love I suppose..

#218    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,877 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

And *shudders* bush poetry.

#219    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,045 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

View Postlaver, on 09 February 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Not sure what you mean by a 'natural' crop circle.
And that one sentence confirms a lack of knowledge about the subject of crop circles

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#220    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,100 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 10 February 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

And *shudders* bush poetry.

oh gods.. you had to say it didnt you.. I had suppressed that thought.. now I am going to have nightmares about having to listen to bush poetry..

#221    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 10 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

And that one sentence confirms a lack of knowledge about the subject of crop circles

Don't think so - you are saying that some crop designs are man made and some are not, 'natural' you call it . Would be interesting to know how you define 'natural'? does that include complex designs with mathematical messages maybe made by Nature?

#222    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,877 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postlaver, on 10 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Don't think so - you are saying that some crop designs are man made and some are not, 'natural' you call it . Would be interesting to know how you define 'natural'? does that include complex designs with mathematical messages maybe made by Nature?
One of the most complex and amazing mathematical formulae is encoded in nature. The Fibonacci Sequence. It's amazing. It's omnipresent. It's been called by some "God's signature" or "God's thumbprint".

#223    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,699 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

View Postlaver, on 09 February 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

The evidence clearly indicates that the formation of some crop designs is from above, which is also logical, hence they are not terrestrial. What the non terrestrial agency creating some of them is, is another matter.

Do you have supporting information? I have a strong feeling "indicates" is interchangeable with "Made up" here.

And how would that relate to Extraterrestrial at all? The hill seems to be getting steeper here from my perspective.

Just like the UFO Phenomena, Crop Circles will also have several explanations, but as a rule of thumb the level of detail is directly proportional to the likelihood of human activity.

It might in some cases just be some bent roos.

LINK - Stoned Wallabies Blamed For Australian Crop Circles

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#224    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,699 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostAlienDan, on 10 February 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Haha. I've tested it myself, put some plant in the microwave, the STEM pops, not the NODE. And then they continue to catch fire.

That's the ticket! Have a go yourself, well done mate. :tu:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#225    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,699 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostDingoLingo, on 10 February 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

oh gods.. you had to say it didnt you.. I had suppressed that thought.. now I am going to have nightmares about having to listen to bush poetry..

And hoping some Vogon's arrive maybe........

Also known for their poetry........ but is is only the third worst in the Universe I hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users