Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

The Problem with Magick

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#46    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,456 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostBlueogre2, on 02 October 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

Greetings Blue Star. When I said practicality I was basically talking about the fact that Magic can't cure cancer or make a person rich, ya know big stuff like that. As for negative spirits I mean those hostile beings that often show up when humans begin using magic. Thats why banishing rituals are needed.

Thank you, Blueogre2,
Yes this is clearer to me now.
a little personal note on the cancer issue....I had one of my own experience of having a breast lump and chose to do magic on it. Whilst working on the healing I got the amount of time it would take to heal what to use and even the date of when it would all be clear.... Which I am glad to say it did....I am not in a position to prove this but I know it happened.
As for wealth issues, this too,
I have many experiences of but alas without any stab it with a fork, hit it with a hammer, hard faced proof... It is futile for me to wax on about it. As there are so many nay sayers here in the UM forums, who just can't wait to pounce.
I agree with you about the banishing rituals, very important indeed for anyone wishing to explore the magic realms. I would say the healing, banishing, grounding, de-cluttering and protective aspects are the best starting point.

#47    Blue Star

Blue Star

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,456 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 13 November 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Unfortunately, there is nothing to back your claims so many will regard them as other claims that proved to be false.  

Some years ago, I knew someone who claimed that he could use magic and make things appear, move etc...  He asked me to set up a camera (pre-digital model) to record it.  I did, showed him how to work it, then left him for about half an hour.  We viewed the tape after he was done and on the tape he exclaimed see, I have levitated a ball using magic.  Unfortunately, the tape showed no levitation.  He got angry and said I had done something to the tape or the camera, but he bought the tape and used the camera himself and we viewed the footage while it was still in the camera.

I believe that his desire to do magic was so great that his mind obliged him with for lack of a better term a daydream where he saw it happen even though it evidently didn't.

Yes, I hear you.
The mind can play tricks on anyone of us.
This is why, I keep saying..... I am in research and exploring these realms and as yet my findings are inconclusive or as yet, unable to prove to any nay sayer.
Yet after saying this, all great things start as a thought, an idea, a daydream....don't they?
Name me one creative act of a human being that did not start as a thought firstly, castles in the sky.... So to speak?
But then I am not so much interested in proving it as heavy as lead or as brittle as concrete. I am interested in, does it work? Do I get the desired results and so forth? It's not really something to show off about, is it?
Just, does it work? if so, I do it. If not, I try something else.
So far, I have found working within the phases of the moon, the seasonal, monthly influences beneficial and my day to day stuff goes much more smoothly, when I work within the rhythms of these electromagnetic influences. Yet these are all quite quiet things, I am talking of things such as biodiversity, plant growth, harvest and the like. This is not the hollywood type of magic, all whistles and bells. It is far more subtle, gentle than that.... As fluid as Thai Chi, gentle as a breeze and as as true as the dew.

#48    himalyanmystic

himalyanmystic

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

the occult has its uses......................ive seen many who dabble in it too much eventually land in trouble.................

[HIMALAYANMYSTIC

#49    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Useless on its own but a good advantage when merged with other skills & professions. Like ninjas :ph34r:

Edited by C235, 12 December 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#50    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostDying Seraph, on 02 October 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

My goodness how you negate the magic and potential of the mind so easily. :(
It is factual that if someone believes something helps them, then if it soothes the mind then it is healing. I can't stress enough the "placebo effect."
People surround themselves by loved ones when sick, play music they love when sick, etc. It may not remove a tumor but you underestimate the power these simple things hold and how they heal and have a magical effect on the mind.

Banishing rituals are not needed.
The problem is too many juveniles seeing scary movies or wanting to be cool delve into things they are not familiar with and stick there head too deep in the sand without fully contemplating the consequences of such on their psyche.

As Aggripa puts it very clearly, "If we would call any evil Spirit to the Circle, it first behoveth us to consider and to know his nature, to which planets it agreeth, and to what offices are distributted to him from the planet." -Agrippa from Occult Philosophia (4th book).

Hence the problem is too many people delve into things they are not familiar with and the only true demon they need protection from is themselves.

SINcerely,
:devil:

Aleister Crowley  tried to invoke the devil himself . For some reason he was also titled the cruelest man in the world. I'm not certain if he did actually invoke Lucifer. Have you  heard or read  that Crowley and another man have performed a ritual at area 51? Yeah , they wanted  to open a vortex for something to come through, something not so Holy. If it's true, I  think they were  out of their minds for doing that.  From the pictures I've seen of him , he seems to have  drastically changed, for instance, his eyes look as though he went mad or something over the years.

#51    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I'm all for that, truly. I'd LOVE to see one of you sorcerer/mage type people on her do something. Could any of you make a youtube video showing some of your skills?

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#52    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostSean93, on 13 December 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

I'm all for that, truly. I'd LOVE to see one of you sorcerer/mage type people on her do something. Could any of you make a youtube video showing some of your skills?
There are lots of vids on YouTube already ,but if you're expecting harry potter kinds of instant stuff,that's not quite how it works.

Miss me?

#53    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 December 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

There are lots of vids on YouTube already ,but if you're expecting harry potter kinds of instant stuff,that's not quite how it works.

Tell me more, can you at least levitate objects?

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#54    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,392 posts

• Just because I do not agree doesn't mean I don't understand.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostReann, on 13 December 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

Aleister Crowley  tried to invoke the devil himself . For some reason he was also titled the cruelest man in the world. I'm not certain if he did actually invoke Lucifer. Have you  heard or read  that Crowley and another man have performed a ritual at area 51? Yeah , they wanted  to open a vortex for something to come through, something not so Holy. If it's true, I  think they were  out of their minds for doing that.  From the pictures I've seen of him , he seems to have  drastically changed, for instance, his eyes look as though he went mad or something over the years.

From what I have read of this Aleistar Crowley, he was a few eggs short of a quiche as was Gerald Gardner.
They had no interest in continuing nor reviving the "old" craft or anything but simply to invent their own religion which was a mish-mash of this and that. Accuracy was not a priority, their new "religion" was comprised of what suited them.

Little of what either man said was able to be verified or confirmed apparently. At least from what I gathered.

If Aleister was really sincere about his supposed knowledge of witchcraft and all then he'd have known that the "devil" plays no part in it. The "devil" is a Christian invention.......(as is everything else with every religion naturally)

#55    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostRyu, on 13 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

From what I have read of this Aleistar Crowley, he was a few eggs short of a quiche as was Gerald Gardner.
They had no interest in continuing nor reviving the "old" craft or anything but simply to invent their own religion which was a mish-mash of this and that. Accuracy was not a priority, their new "religion" was comprised of what suited them.

Little of what either man said was able to be verified or confirmed apparently. At least from what I gathered.

If Aleister was really sincere about his supposed knowledge of witchcraft and all then he'd have known that the "devil" plays no part in it. The "devil" is a Christian invention.......(as is everything else with every religion naturally)
Gardner was a weird dude ,but far from nuts . He stole most wiccan constructs from stregheria ,which he learned while traveling extensively in Italy .
Wicca uses many stregha laws and ancient Roman ritual .
Crowley was a genius is many ways .
He was a kabbalah master ,long before LA opened their riduculous kabbalah center,and demi and Britney made it kewl to go .

He used ancient magic from the books of moses,and the goetia.
He had many black arts spells of his own creation .

How is this worse than a science fiction author starting his own religion .
At least oto and wicca have actual ancient roots .

Miss me?

#56    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,245 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostSean93, on 13 December 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

Tell me more, can you at least levitate objects?

Oh gosh yeah,but only people who aren't obnoxious idiots can see it ,so.......

Miss me?

#57    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 13 December 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Oh gosh yeah,but only people who aren't obnoxious idiots can see it ,so.......

Show me your ways Dumbeldore.

Edited by Sean93, 13 December 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#58    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,721 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Levitation is easy, using similar/ opposite polarity or charges including magnetic or  static electricity. Eg i could do a video of me levitating a balloon by passing a  "magic" wand over it. Any one who didnt know the simple science behind it would think it was magic. Especially if the fact that the wand was glass was concealed.

Edited by Mr Walker, 13 December 2012 - 11:52 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#59    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 13 December 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Levitation is easy, using similar/ opposite polarity or charges including magnetic or  static electricity. Eg i could do a video of me levitating a balloon by passing a  "magic" wand over it. Any one who didnt know the simple science behind it would think it was magic. Especially if the fact that the wand was glass was concealed.

Yeah, I know that. But considering a few people on here claim to do magic (Whatever way you spell it), I'd like to see some of it in action, what kinds of magic is there? Black? White? Telekinetic etc?

Mr Walker, from reading some of you earlier posts and knowing you communicate with god and all that, do you believe/know that humans can use magic and if so, what kinds are there?...any dark evil stuff?

#60    Reann

Reann

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostRyu, on 13 December 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I agree about what you said , in saying that they wanted to make up their own religion or whatever. Um , I don't take the word devil as a red horned guy or anything, there's explainations of devil /satan in other cultures as well. The bible is clear  enough about  dark forces and divine forces so if anyone wants to say that's just a Christ thing than whatever, people who understand know there are both forces in the universe.

Edited by Reann, 18 December 2012 - 02:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users