Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

What did we learn in this election?


  • Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#106    MysticStrummer

MysticStrummer

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Joined:15 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central Texas

  • The great path has no gates. Thousands of roads enter it. When one passes through this gateless gate, he walks freely between heaven and earth.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

I think I've posted in this thread twice now without answering the OP.

If there's one basic thing to be learned from this election, it's that neither side seems to care that their party and candidate lie to them often.

Stop allowing them to play Divide and Conquer.

Ummon asked : "The world is such a wide world, why do you answer a bell and don ceremonial robes?" ~ Zen Flesh Zen Bones

#107    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,305 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:27 AM

View PostMysticStrummer, on 08 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

Republican party needs to take a long look in the mirror, after selecting him as their candidate.
That's apparently all true if they want to win the big one but its not like the dynamics have changed drastically recently. The results were nearly identical to 2008 and both parties actually lost a lot of support according to the popular vote. Obama lost 9 million votes and republicans lost less than 2 million. Neither party gained any traction and if anything the dems lost quite a bit. I know, the actual election results don't paint the same picture.
That said, 2016 will paint the the real true picture of the foreseeable future of he country when two fresh faces contend for the office. Please no Romney, no Hillary, no usual suspects. We can only hope. But if the declining popular vote trend holds steady and to scale, meaning the repubs lose 4 million in 8 years and the dems lose 18 million, the repubs will lose a couple more million and the dems will lose many more million putting the repubs back ahead. Just speculation and I doubt it'll happen that way but nothing's impossible. If it were to happen that way that means two things. Either people have lost hope in Washington altogether and don't care to vote at all and/or that's the perfect opportunity for some fresh new third party ideas to figure out how to become known and gain support. There's got to be some reason 12 million less people didn't vote this year. Ehh, maybe they were all highly confident Obama supporters who just knew he'd win anyways.

Posted Image

#108    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,717 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:12 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

That's apparently all true if they want to win the big one but its not like the dynamics have changed drastically recently. The results were nearly identical to 2008 and both parties actually lost a lot of support according to the popular vote. Obama lost 9 million votes and republicans lost less than 2 million. Neither party gained any traction and if anything the dems lost quite a bit. I know, the actual election results don't paint the same picture.
That said, 2016 will paint the the real true picture of the foreseeable future of he country when two fresh faces contend for the office. Please no Romney, no Hillary, no usual suspects. We can only hope. But if the declining popular vote trend holds steady and to scale, meaning the repubs lose 4 million in 8 years and the dems lose 18 million, the repubs will lose a couple more million and the dems will lose many more million putting the repubs back ahead. Just speculation and I doubt it'll happen that way but nothing's impossible. If it were to happen that way that means two things. Either people have lost hope in Washington altogether and don't care to vote at all and/or that's the perfect opportunity for some fresh new third party ideas to figure out how to become known and gain support. There's got to be some reason 12 million less people didn't vote this year. Ehh, maybe they were all highly confident Obama supporters who just knew he'd win anyways.

Just waiting to see how may Obama supporters change their tune as we approach the fiscal cliff. Doesn't look like those tax cuts are going to be renewed for 2013. 2014 brings the Obamacare tax, Bloomberg's site has an article about an upcoming carbon tax as well. Fun times. We'll get to rub that in though, so no worries man. I think it'll be a good thing, maybe a handful of Americans will finally realize that it pays to stay on top of things before casting a vote. Turn off the TV people.

Edited by WoIverine, 09 November 2012 - 02:15 AM.


#109    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,975 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 08 November 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

it it will take 320 yrs to pay off without intrest

and?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#110    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,975 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

View PostCapt Amerika, on 08 November 2012 - 01:29 PM, said:

I have a list a mile long of Obama promises that were never met.  (Remember Gitmo?)
I have a list of crimes commited that will never be investigated  (Fast and Furious?)

I can give you a longer list of promise kept.
FF was investigated and proved to be nothing so much as faux claimed.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#111    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,975 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:42 AM

View PostVein Capital, on 08 November 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Do you know why Obama hates the military?

He does no such thing. Another blatant lie.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#112    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,975 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 08 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

Pakistan isn't worthy of a dollar from us.

ummm nuclear weapons....

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#113    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,975 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 09 November 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

Just waiting to see how may Obama supporters change their tune as we approach the fiscal cliff. Doesn't look like those tax cuts are going to be renewed for 2013. 2014 brings the Obamacare tax, Bloomberg's site has an article about an upcoming carbon tax as well.

all very excellent things that should happen. The Bush tax cuts are a huge part of the problem, the rich will pay more for healthcare, and carbon taxes are apparently working in Europe.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#114    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,305 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 November 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:



and?
Holy crap! That's all? Man you need analyzed.

View Postninjadude, on 09 November 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:



ummm nuclear weapons....

What are you saying? The biggest player in town has to pay off his adversaries?

Posted Image

#115    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,975 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 09 November 2012 - 03:58 AM, said:

What are you saying? The biggest player in town has to pay off his adversaries?

of course, what do you think we've been doing for 50 years.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#116    Etu Malku

Etu Malku

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • Mercurian

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 07 November 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

What did we learn during this election?

1.) The biggest point for me is the Tea Party. Republicans, the Tea Party is killing you. Distance yourself from them. I gained a lot of respect for the American people and a bit for the Republican Party as a whole for not electing/re-electing these morons. The worse thing they did was open their mouths. If you are a Tea Partier, please…keep talking in public…

The Tea Party crushed Republican hopes. Republicans thought they would do great in the Senate races but did horrible.

Akin lost horribly to a beatable candidate after his “legitimate rape” comments.

Richard Mourdock was defeated badly after his “all pregnancies are a gift from God” statement.

In Mass, Warren pounded the incumbent Brown after his campaign of personal attacks.

In the House…

Allen West appears to have lost his seat in Florida.

Michele Bachmann nearly lost her seat in the House, winning by less than 4,000 votes or 51% AND this is after making a run for President. (Edit:Putting this on hold for now. It is now 50-50 with Graves leading Bachmann.)

2.) 6 Billion dollars spent on this election and the results were nearly the same as they were 4 years ago…


3.) Saving the auto industry made a difference. Many do not agree with it, but those that were working in it and lived in the areas where the economy was affected would disagree. The auto industry gave Obama Ohio.

4.) Republicans need to take a different approach. This was their last shot. With the economy in the shape it is in, a high unemployment rate, and a soaring national debt, it was their election to win. Times are changing. They need to start catering more to gays, women, and minorities. They need to come back to the center and start working with the Dems.

5.) Fox News is always wrong ;)

But please, please, please, for the sake of America, get along and get things done. Obama is the President for another 4 years and cannot run again. The war is over. Work together and get things done so we can progress into the future.

LOL . . . after you all get Jury Duty, you'll learn NOT to vote again! :clap:

Tarkhem Productions
   IAMTHATIAMNOT

#117    F3SS

F3SS

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,305 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 November 2012 - 04:08 AM, said:



of course, what do you think we've been doing for 50 years.
Insane. Maybe we should break a couple knee caps and let em know who's boss. Works for the mafia.

Posted Image

#118    WoIverine

WoIverine

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,717 posts
  • Joined:16 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

View Postninjadude, on 09 November 2012 - 03:47 AM, said:

all very excellent things that should happen. The Bush tax cuts are a huge part of the problem, the rich will pay more for healthcare, and carbon taxes are apparently working in Europe.

You willingly want to give the government more of your hard earned salary? Really? Do you even work for a living?

Edited by WoIverine, 09 November 2012 - 04:30 AM.


#119    -M7

-M7

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Planet Earth.

  • Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

The American people should learn by now, that the president is not fully in charge of the nation.
I'm not saying that the president should be, because history has shown what thats like.
The legislative branch of the US government has too much partisanship that it divides power so that important thing never get done, it will eventually divide the nation.

Edited by -M7, 09 November 2012 - 05:37 AM.


#120    Capt Amerika

Capt Amerika

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Joined:31 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Frozen Tundra of the USA

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Dependent on the government for survival? Really?



People are selfish...just as you are...
"My policy went up 6% on the very day that the Supreme court decided that Obamacare was legal because it was a tax.
Please stop trying to help me.  it isnt working"
That is a quote from you in another thread. See, you are selfish too...you want things to go your way...

If by "my way" you mean govt to just do its job and stay out of the business of taking care of me, yes, you are correct.
How is wanting to be left alone to decide my own fate being selfish?  Most would call the concept of shaping your own destiny as being an American.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users