Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

I dont Know any more than you VG , i have just been an avid reader of books over the years, who is posting things that i find or remember , that i think may be relative to OBL ,.......

ok, it's a free world.

I agree.

I truely hate all this wordfk and socalled 'etymology'.

By that you can 'prove' Santa was Frya or Obama by dissecting words to the letters they are composed of.

Google "Edo Nyland". He is a Dutch guy who posts all over the internet to 'prove' the Basque language was the source of all languages.

What he does is dissect a word into bits, and then translate those bits into MODERN Basque words.

He is an idiot.

http://www.faculty.u...nze/nylink2.htm

http://www.urbandict...term=edo nyland

Seriously , OLB says its people were in India for 1200 years , but you agree with knul , that it cant have any connections with them ??? .....i am dumbstruck

just read your other thread..... very interesting........You see any possible connection with the Indians not letting foreign travellers back into

the community.........is that not what happens to the frisians , even some who fought in their defence are not allowed to stay there .

So let us go back to the situation that Apol, Otharus/Gestur, you and me are involved in discussions on the OLB. There is much to be investigated yet, e.g. the relation between the juridical texts in OLB as compared to the Oldfrisian texts like the Asega book. Did the author fancy the juridical texts or can we find similar Oldfrisian texts ? Who dares ?

Edited by Knul

Seriously , OLB says its people were in India for 1200 years , but you agree with knul , that it cant have any connections with them ??? .....i am dumbstruck

just read your other thread..... very interesting........You see any possible connection with the Indians not letting foreign travellers back into

the community.........is that not what happens to the frisians , even some who fought in their defence are not allowed to stay there .

I agreed with Knul because of the way you provide 'proof' of an idea by means of a "linguistic connection".

I already suggested to ask The_Spartan, who is from India, and who studied the Vedas and so on. It's better to ask someone who can read the books in their original language, than to get your info from a translation, or a book that's about those books.

Well, that's what I would do.

I agreed with Knul because of the way you provide 'proof' of an idea by means of a "linguistic connection".

I already suggested to ask The_Spartan, who is from India, and who studied the Vedas and so on. It's better to ask someone who can read the books in their original language, than to get your info from a translation, or a book that's about those books.

Well, that's what I would do.

I dont know how many times i have to state " whatever i offer , i do not consider proof of anything , other than a point for discussion , and consideration , i know i will be wrong more times than i am right " its the way i learn , and form my ideas.

i will take a break for a while , i have a couple of books i need to dig out and re-read anyway , and let you continue with the way you all want to take the thread onwards

but i still find it fascinating so i will be following your discussions avidly.

I dont know how many times i have to state " whatever i offer , i do not consider proof of anything , other than a point for discussion , and consideration , i know i will be wrong more times than i am right " its the way i learn , and form my ideas.

i will take a break for a while , i have a couple of books i need to dig out and re-read anyway , and let you continue with the way you all want to take the thread onwards

Maybe 'proof' is the wrong word. Let's say 'substantiate'?

I was going to ask you what evidence do you have of Columbus thinking that SE Asia was Paradise/Eden...

But now that you say it, I do recall you putting up a text page once, I'm not sure it was on that topic but if you think you did, I think you probably did. I'll have a look what I can find.

I found it:

http://www.unexplain...45#entry4408244

Paradise_medieval.gif

Paradise_Columbus.gif

Maybe better read that whole page, page 64:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=227240&st=945

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

I agree.

I truely hate all this wordfk and socalled 'etymology'.

By that you can 'prove' Santa was Frya or Obama by dissecting words to the letters they are composed of.

Google "Edo Nyland". He is a Dutch guy who posts all over the internet to 'prove' the Basque language was the source of all languages.

What he does is dissect a word into bits, and then translate those bits into MODERN Basque words.

He is an idiot.

http://www.faculty.u...nze/nylink2.htm

http://www.urbandict...term=edo nyland

The benedictine monk story (as fakers of language) is interesting compared with what Hardouin said about them as fakers of history.

Dissecting words and trying to find meaningfull parts in it (that seem to come in differne language with similar meaning) isn't foolish too.

Conclusions he draws is his case, but he dares.

None of this OLB topic has all that much 'proof'. I think that is what makes it so fun and self-indulgent and so long-lasting. Take that away and it's as boring as every other topic on this board... if I see one more thread on here about how the Egyptians built freakin' pyramids I'm gonna yawn myself into oblivion.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

Some of Lokamanya Tilak's thoughts on Arctic Origins .

It is commonly stated that the region of the North Pole has 6 months of continual daytime , and 6 months of continual nights , this is more true of the actual North pole than it is of the circum polar region , the truth may be nearer to say it has 194 days of continual light/sun , 76 days of continual darkness/night , 47 days of continual dawn , and 48 days of continual dusk.

during the light days the sun does not rise in the east and set in the west , but it continually revolves as a wheel around the sky , this fact and the 95 days of a twilight like dawn lights in the sky , and the perfect vision of the celestial skies for a further 76 days , cannot have failed to impress itself on anyone living in this region , having only one morning and one evening throughout the whole year .These characteristics are unique to the North Polar regions , and cannot be observed anywhere else in the world .

Varamsi is thought to mean expanse or space , and Vritra spins the world on a pole , and the world is like a chariot wheel , the heavens in the tropical and temperate zones , can be watched to see that as the sun rises in the east and descends in the west , but its continuing journey cannot be seen , until it again rises in the east , so the temporate areas cannot be the point of balance for the Gods pole .The pole can only support the wheel at the point of the North Pole .

Rig Veda .1.24.10. the constellation Ursa Major (Rikshah)is placed directly overhead (uchhah ) ......this is only possible at a circum polar region .......

The idea that the days and nights of the Gods are 6 months in duration are common throughout vedic texts , Siddhanta X11,67, says Mount Meru ( he think the terrestrial North Pole ), and at Meru the Gods behold the sun after but a single rising during half of its revolution beginning in Aries . ( ie: 6 months )

According to Puranas... Meru is the home/seat of ALL the Gods, the gods were the ancestors of humans and they lived at Meru where one night and day took one year.

Manu 1.67.. Says describing the division of time , that a human year , is but a night and a day to the Gods .

people have said that they could have found this out by the use of mathematics , but Lokamanyu says there are too many descriptions of the land of the Gods for them not to have been describing something they have personally witnessed.

In Mahabharata Arjuna visits Mount Meru ( North Pole ) (Vanaparvan 163,164 ) " where the sun and moon go round from left to right (Pradakshinam ) every day the mountain by its lustre becomes overcome by the darkness , but the darkness can hardly be distinguished from the day .and later Arjuna says " a day and a night together equal a year to the residents .

At the very least this should convince us that at the time the great epics were written , Indian writers had a comprehensive knowledge of the North pole both meteorologically and astronomically , and that they thought the Aryan Gods came from there .

In Taittiriya Brahmana .111,9,22,1. Kasyapa the 8th Aditya says 2that which is a year is but a single day for the Gods".and that once found he never again left the land of the Gods

Lokamana says he is forced to believe that in Ancient days the Indians had a home (colony ) in the North Polar region.

Vendidad of the Parsis . Fargard 11,para 40 , "they regard as a day , what is to us a year , the second part of Fargard is a conversation between Ahura Mazda , and Yima , AM warns Yima the first king of men , that a great winter approaches , which will destroy all living creatures , by covering the land in thick ice ,and that he should build an enclosure to preserve seeds , and animals and plants of all kinds ....... in the Fargard epic they are in the Airyana Viejo ( Paradise acc to the Persian/Iranians )Yima asks how will the land be lit , and AM says amongst other things , the moon and the sun will only rise and set once each year , and a year seems only a day ....Airyana Viejo was also considered the Ancestral home of the Iranians , he believes it is the same place as Mount Meru the Ancestral home of the Indians .

Devayana was the long day and Pitryana was the long night , corresponding with the Uttarayana and the Dakshinayama .

Devayana is the light road of Agni , whereas the Pitris or Pitrayana road , is the road of death , and according to Agni there were only two roads/paths , one was the road of continuous night , and the other the path of continuous day .....These paths could only be in the North Pole .

Dr.Warren . in his book also notes that in both the lliad and the odyssey , they refer to two kinds of days/nights , some that continue for a year , and usually are mentioned in connection with the Gods , and some that only last 24 hours , usually when the text refers to humans .

Norse mythology frequently mentions the Twilight of the Gods, in the rein s of Odinn and Aesir , which would only come to an end , and be revived again when from the dead son , arises a daughter more beautiful ........

.If the dead son/sun , presumably the long night , as it is followed by the beautiful daughter ( assume the long Dawn ) .....if this were pagan propaganda you would assume the christian son/sun was being seen as the dark path , and presumably the daughter/ dawn grows up into the light path (mother ) but i presume this is all way before christianity? also has to be coincidence that the dark long night is called Pitris ( as it reminds you of Petros , the rock of christianity too)

All very interesting. I of course, agree with all that and am pretty sure they all knew about the North and most Greek myths and probably most other ones are entrenched in Northern knowledge.

The symbol of the world tree or pillar similar in Finnish mythology that reached up to the North star was marked by a stytto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_mythology

See, I think long, long ago, these mythologies were known and spread by those who practice shamanism the best.

" Chaldean shepherds, ranging trackless fields,

Beneath the concave of unclouded skies

Spread like a sea, in boundless solitude

Looked on the polar star, as on a guide

And guardian of their course, that never closed his steadfast eye.

- Wordsworth.

When I Google Earthed the North Pole I was struck by this massive trench there, this is not a screen shot from there but a pic I just found. It always makes me wonder just what massive earthquakes have been generated there and what land might have once been there.

north-pole-map.jpg

http://www.red-grey.co.uk/general/map-of-the-north-pole.html

None of this OLB topic has all that much 'proof'. I think that is what makes it so fun and self-indulgent and so long-lasting. Take that away and it's as boring as every other topic on this board... if I see one more thread on here about how the Egyptians built freakin' pyramids I'm gonna yawn myself into oblivion.

LOL...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=246791&st=75#entry4757738

I found it:

http://www.unexplain...45#entry4408244

Maybe better read that whole page, page 64:

http://www.unexplain...c=227240&st=945

Good finding and I read the whole page. I agree then that Columbus sailed WEST thinking he'd find the Garden of Eden/Paradise.

I just found this out of curiosity...

INKA

Origin:

Frisian

Meaning:

Feminine form of Inge; the god Ing

http://babynamesworl...ng_of_Inka.html

Edited by The Puzzler

This is when we hear for the first time about Friso in the OLB

http://oeralinda.angelfire.com/#bp

It's in the latter decades of the 4th cenrury BCE, and it concerns the area that's now (the) Pakistan (coast) and nearby, the north-west part of the Indian subcontinent.

The Friso from the old Frisian legends came from an area that is now Bangladesh, the north-eastern part of the Indian subcontinent.

But the Friso of old Frisian legend must have been present in what was called the Nanda Empire, which stretched south of the Himalaya and across the Indian subcontinent.

Nanda_Empire.gif

The Greek and Latin historians suggested that Alexander the Great withdrew from India, anticipating the valiant joint counterattack of the mighty Gangaridai and Prasii (Nanda) Empires, the latter located in central Bihar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangaridai

However, in this pic the Gangaridai had their own kingdom:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Asia_323bc.jpg

Remember the epic poem by Willem van Haren, "Gevallen van Friso, koning der Gangariden en Prasiaten" , or "The Adventures of Friso, King of the Gangarides and the Prasiates".

(His epic poem was translated into French, and no one else but Voltaire praised his poem:

Les Aventures De Friso, Roi Des Gangarides Et Des Prasiates

http://www.bookworld.com.au/book/les-aventures-de-friso-roi-des-gangarides-et-des-prasiates-en-dix-livres-volume-1.../30487852/ )

The OLB suggests that Friso was a Fryan by birth who eventually returned to his ancestral homeland with his people. The old Frisian legends suggest he was an Indian (and Zoroastrian).

If we want proof of the OLB version, we should look for Indian records about a Nordic/foreign people living in the Nanda Empire, or a foreign/Nordic king (and his royal family) of the Nanda Empire.

If Friso and his people had lived in the Nanda Empire, or the area it occupied (and that for 1200 years), it is truely amazing he and his people were able to converse with the people in Friesland, or the remnant of the Fryan civilization, when he finally returned.

Was just looking up that guy Wm van Heren to see if i could find the verse you were talking about in English..............could not find it ......but did find this.

The Frieshe Edellui........its in Dutch , so i cant read a sentence .........but some of the words that came up when i clicked on a random page ...page 78

are:-Alexander , Porus , Ascon , Friso , Carmanie ,. Romen , Medebrengt ? , Ptolemaeus , Egypte , Melite , Gades , Romainen , Teuphis , Pasargade , Babel , Sidon , Gangaris .and something called the Papirius en Fabius.

do you know of it and whether its good reading or not , should be pretty interesting with all those names just on one page !!

If thats not the poem you were talking about , do you know if its on the net in English anywhere.....Let me know if that book is any good or not .

www.archive.org/stream/levenenwerkenva00haregoog#page/n91/mode/1up

Edited by NO-ID-EA

No, as far as I know the poem has never been translated into English, only in French.

Here's the whole book online:

Gevallen van Friso, koning der Gangariden en Prasiaten

Willem van Haren

http://www.dbnl.org/...re004geva01_01/

Now, if you click on every link that says "Inhoud van het --- boek", you get a short summary of a chapter/book of the poem, the chapter that follows right after the summary.

Maybe you can enter such a summary in Google Translator so you will have an idea what it's all about.

And this is the index of all the names in the poem:

http://www.dbnl.org/...a01_01_0026.php

The main problem here is that that text is in old fashioned Dutch, so you will get really odd translations...

Example:

Atosse. Dogter van Orsines, Persiaanschen Prins.

In modern Dutch that is: Atosse, Dochter van Orsines, Perzische Prins

(Atosse, Daughter of Orsines, Persian Prins)

Anyway, you can copy and paste from that site.

--

You ask if it is good reading.. well, it is LONG, lol.

Edited by Abramelin

Not only van Haren but Hamconius wrote about Friso and seems he wrote more in account with what the OLB did.

Friso is a legendary king of the Frisians who is said to have ruled around 300 BC. According to Martinus Hamconius in his 17th century chronicle Frisia seu de viris rebusque illustribus, and also the 19th century Oera Linda Book, Friso was a leader of a group of Frisian colonists who had been settled in the Punjab for well over a millennium when they were discovered by Alexander the Great. Taking service with Alexander, Friso and the colonists eventually found their way back to their ancestral homeland of Frisia, where Friso founded a dynasty of kings.

Another legend has it that a red banner owned by Friso, called the Magnusvaan, is hidden at the church Almenum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friso

If no-one knew Fryans were in India and Friso came to Friesland from India via Greece, no-one would say he was originally a Fryan. They'd say he came from India. But that does not mean he has to be Indian.

Alewyn covers this part very thoroughly in his book.

Not only van Haren but Hamconius wrote about Friso and seems he wrote more in account with what the OLB did.

Friso is a legendary king of the Frisians who is said to have ruled around 300 BC. According to Martinus Hamconius in his 17th century chronicle Frisia seu de viris rebusque illustribus, and also the 19th century Oera Linda Book, Friso was a leader of a group of Frisian colonists who had been settled in the Punjab for well over a millennium when they were discovered by Alexander the Great. Taking service with Alexander, Friso and the colonists eventually found their way back to their ancestral homeland of Frisia, where Friso founded a dynasty of kings.

Another legend has it that a red banner owned by Friso, called the Magnusvaan, is hidden at the church Almenum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friso

If no-one knew Fryans were in India and Friso came to Friesland from India via Greece, no-one would say he was originally a Fryan. They'd say he came from India. But that does not mean he has to be Indian.

Alewyn covers this part very thoroughly in his book.

Yes, it wasn't all Van Haren's idea, but he based it on earlier prose versions of the legend.

I think I remember he based most of what he wrote on Vosmaer's version.

NO-ID-EA, here is what I found an interesting part of the poem, and I have posted the transltion:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=4560#entry3885479

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=7650#entry4118755

I made a typo in the translation: rumpour should be rumour

Yes, it wasn't all Van Haren's idea, but he based it on earlier prose versions of the legend.

I think I remember he based most of what he wrote on Vosmaer's version.

Yes, that's the guy.

Van Haren used Vosmaer's version of the legend because it was - in Van Haren's eyes - the most sane.

Former versions had Friso return by sailing round Africa instead of through the Med, others had him come from Israel.

Edited by Abramelin