Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did dragons exist on Earth?

Kat_Kloud

- I've always wondered if dragons once existed on Earth. They are mythical creatures and such, but I was wondering what you thought? I've heard of caves found with drawings of humans presenting dragons with treasure and stuff as if worshipping them. Perhaps what people called "dragons" were actually a dinosaur at one time that went extinct later on... I really don't know.

Tell me what you think.

post-8481-1095580565.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• HAJiME

• mr_halo

• S.J.S.^

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That photograph is of a 'baby dragon' that Allistair Mitchell claimed to have found in his garage, but is actually a clever hoax that he pulled of to promote a new book he was writing.

It fooled quite a lot of people, and was actually made by some of the people who were involved in the 'Walking With Dinosaurs' series.

Perhaps what people called "dragons" were actually a dinosaur at one time that went extinct later on

I tend to think that the idea of dragons stemmed from people finding dinosaur fossils and interpreting them as the remains of dragons. Whether the dragon myth came about due to this, or whether such finds simply contributed to it however remains a mystery.

I tend to think that the idea of dragons stemmed from people finding dinosaur fossils and interpreting them as the remains of dragons. Whether the dragon myth came about due to this, or whether such finds simply contributed to it however remains a mystery.

I read somewhere that is were it believed to have originated in China, whilst in the west it was hersay about animals such as Crocodiles which most people would never see but explorers would return with inflated reports on such things.

Truth is, we'll never really know, but certainly big reptiles seems to be prevailing issue in all cultures legends.

i think they did and there so kl lol

but they today there are still real dragons alive in caves on remote places and there was a website but i cant remember it sorry

but they today there are still real dragons alive in caves on remote places

I very much doubt it, it's highly unlikely that dragons are even real animals. Without reading the source of those claims, the idea doesn't hold much credibility unfortunately.

that pic is fake mate its a body of a dead horse thhat died in his/her mums woum and had lastec stuff put on it but the best fake ive seen

that pic is fake mate its a body of a dead horse thhat died in his/her mums woum and had lastec stuff put on it but the best fake ive seen

It's not a dead horse, it's a model made by the people who created 'Walking With Dinosaurs', as i explained above.

Here is an article about it : Click Here

Dragons have to be fake. If they were realdont you guys think we would have spotted them flying around. Plus wouldn't they post a threat to us? I believe so. Plus we would have people saying they have seen sightings of them. I think they are just a myth I pretty coll one, but a fake one.

I like to think that they did. How, when, where, and why? Well, we may never know. But I guess that's what makes them and others so interesting. cool.gif

well there certainly are a lot of stories and legends about dragons, so maybe they did exist, or maybe they still do, saying that it could be down to people in history finding dinosaur bones and not understanding certain animals or weather..etc..

post-8538-1095642671.jpg

I dont think they are real. The theory that people finding dinosaur bones is the best bet i think, but i could be wrong . I have a dvd about unexplained misc stuff. One of the topics is of dragons. There is a story of the explorers Lewis and Clarke exploring the americas. I believe the river they were on was the Mississippi River, they describe going bye a huge rock or cliff with a drawing of a dragon on it or some type of creature. I find it fascinating that they are talked about world wide and go back for a long time and have descriptions of differant types of dragons from all over ,but i think they are just a myth.

Theres no smoke without fire, lol... Dinosaur bones and teeth created the dragon myths. From China (where they where first found) to Europe Dragons have excisted in cultural and historical documents. They are, however, unlikly. They would have been found by now...

That picture is of a fake yet very cool looking pickled baby dragon, found in the uk. no one knos it's origin, but...it is very much fake.

I dont remember the name ,but there where flying reptiles.

maybe we havent dug up the right fosils yet. Be sides snakes use to have legs. may be dragons were killed off or ( heres a way out idea)

evolved to the point that the changing envirment caused them to leave the planet. 165 million years before us (intelegent) ? apes arrived. Who knows what evolution came up with?

might shed some light on dragon myths and stories...

http://home.swbell.net/a1star1/

http://www.strangescience.net/stdino2.htm

another link...bit about dragons and other things..

http://www.anzwers.org/free/livedragons/evolutio.htm

Edited by mr_halo

What's the average airspeed velocity of a European Dragon carrying a coconut?

I think they were real.

I think if dragons ever existed, they were most likely aliens from the reptilian group. Dragons and snakes and dinasuars are all of the same class basically. They also remind me of the Chupacalabras(sp?) that people claim they have seen today. So you never know. original.gif

I dont remember the name ,but there where flying reptiles.

Petrosaurs and related animals... Their skelltons are more bird looking to the eye, so unlikly that they sprouted the myth. But who says a dragon has to be able to fly, anyway?

Be sides snakes use to have legs.

And birds used to have scales... You cant go down that slipperly slope. Snake ancestors used to have legs, not snakes... Human ancestors are traces back as far as egg laying reptiallan cat like animals. i mean, common... how far back are you gunna take that?

Look, if dragons where once real. We would have found somthing by now and we havn't found a thing, not a saussage... only myth and legend. The dragon myth sprouted when people found bones and teeth of dinosaurs. The chinese where the first to discover dinosaurs, claiming the remains to be that of Dragons...

There are no dragon remains that have been found, there are no eye whitness accounts, there is nothign to support the myth of any dragon like beast... ever. I love dragons, i really do... But common, wake up guys...

They don't exist and they never did~