Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

ruins in antarctica?

lost city ruins castle

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

This is the latest news (27 May 2013) :

The Antarctic polar icecap is 33.6 million years old

http://canal.ugr.es/...llion-years-old

#17    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,417 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

Finding ruins would be very interesting, but we have to be a little circumspect in believing any such thing is likely. Fossils should be in abundance because many species identified from the fossil record, would certainly have found a home there (Paleocene Era), and even later during the Eocene Era when there was a large amount of tectonic uplifting ocurring (with accompanying localised heating).
Even during the Pliocene Era (HS Era) there was a not insubstantial amount of Ice Sheet melt that allowed plants to flourish. What there isn't, is any mechanism for continuous evolution to function, let alone Civilisations to arise

#18    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 11 June 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Guillermo del Torro was pitching a film version right before he started working on the Hobbit project that eventually Peter Jackson took over. I'd rather have seen that than a 9 hour Hobbit adaptation, me.

--Jaylemurph

I'd like to see them both because I have to admit I loved the Hobbit. I'm sorry it's true I just think it's great and can't wait for the next one to come out in theaters. Maybe he can make the Lovecraft film after the Hobbit, hopefully he will and maybe Peter Jackson will help out with it, I think it would be pretty cool. Well I don't know Peter Jackson doing a Lovecraft movie might be to weak, maybe he wouldn't have it in him to get it right. ^_^

As for Antarctica again though. I believe no ones allowed to take an expedition there anymore, I think the united nations and worlds militaries have stated that anyone can and will either be killed or imprisoned for going there, so if you do go there you have to have permission from your government and it has to only be for a certain amount of time and they have to know where you're going and what your intentions are. Although there is this elite extremely rich guy who has a science lab somewhere out there in antarctice in fact he owns part of it. So maybe something strange is going on out there? :whistle:

God Speed! TNO

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#19    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,417 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostThe Nameless One, on 11 June 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

As for Antarctica again though. I believe no ones allowed to take an expedition there anymore, I think the united nations and worlds militaries have stated that anyone can and will either be killed or imprisoned for going there, so if you do go there you have to have permission from your government and it has to only be for a certain amount of time and they have to know where you're going and what your intentions are. Although there is this elite extremely rich guy who has a science lab somewhere out there in antarctice in fact he owns part of it. So maybe something strange is going on out there? :whistle:

God Speed! TNO

You need to read this link: http://www.wikihow.c...l-to-Antarctica Antarctica is a tourist destination.

Any link concerning this "elite, extremely rich guy" is. It's news to me - unless of course it is the Nephilim, Superman, Lex Luthor or the suchlike :innocent:

#20    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 11 June 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

You need to read this link: http://www.wikihow.c...l-to-Antarctica Antarctica is a tourist destination.

Any link concerning this "elite, extremely rich guy" is. It's news to me - unless of course it is the Nephilim, Superman, Lex Luthor or the suchlike :innocent:

I'd love to visit Antarctica!

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#21    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostDKO, on 11 June 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

These people that start these sort of topics never seem to do any research of their own. They have a wild idea but do not bother to see if it's likely or even possible.

A simple google search of Antarctica will easily give you enough info to get a rough idea. Especially the answer if there is land under the ice or not.
I did my research all I asked was peoples opinions and views didnt say there eas ruins

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#22    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 11 June 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

Finding ruins would be very interesting, but we have to be a little circumspect in believing any such thing is likely. Fossils should be in abundance because many species identified from the fossil record, would certainly have found a home there (Paleocene Era), and even later during the Eocene Era when there was a large amount of tectonic uplifting ocurring (with accompanying localised heating).
Even during the Pliocene Era (HS Era) there was a not insubstantial amount of Ice Sheet melt that allowed plants to flourish. What there isn't, is any mechanism for continuous evolution to function, let alone Civilisations to arise
Would be awsome if they found some new dino species

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#23    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

And I ment maybe a primate species linked to humans could be found as human history maybe I worded it wrong

#24    keithisco

keithisco

Alien Abducter

• 5,417 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postkannin, on 11 June 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

And I ment maybe a primate species linked to humans could be found as human history maybe I worded it wrong

You worded it just fine. Any primate fossils in Antarctica would re-write much of human evolution as we understand it (at the moment). The warming periods during the pliocene COULD have allowed for a sentient species to arise (not necessarily mammalian) and to have developed a civilisation. Homo Sapien Sapiens civilisation is the result of just a few millenia, so the possibility remains.

#25    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,151 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

I'm certainly not against the possibility of exciting findings under the Antarctic ice.

I suppose there will always be an interest, as previous posters have commented, that there may be a "wealth" of other, more mundane discoveries, such as plant and animal fossils, as opposed to human/subhuman "ruins"

Not sure how much it would cost to explore under the ice such a large continent... perhaps just selected areas.

Edited by pallidin, 12 June 2013 - 01:32 AM.

#26    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

The Nephilim are very intriguing to me, I love the stories and lore about them. The Fallen Angels.

It's owned by one of the Rothschild's which are the supposed elite involved in the Illuminati and Bilderberg group http://en.wikipedia....thschild_Island, and you're right I think it is a tourist attraction. I think what I heard was that no one is allowed to fly over the north and south poles, and are no fly zones but again don't take me 100% on that I'm not sure it's just what I've heard. If they are no fly zones I wonder why they are, and if they are not and you're allowed to fly over the poles then I wonder where the disinformation came from? I'm guessing from the hollow earth conspiracy theorist. Actually I remember now that this guy said that the governments of the world say it's too cold to fly over them, but yet he asked in his youtube video if they are too cold to fly over then how in the hell did we ever fly into space, because space is supposed to be one of the coldest places in the universe.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#27    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,809 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

Adrian Veidt.  Google it. :)

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#28    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,061 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 11 June 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

You worded it just fine. Any primate fossils in Antarctica would re-write much of human evolution as we understand it (at the moment). The warming periods during the pliocene COULD have allowed for a sentient species to arise (not necessarily mammalian) and to have developed a civilisation. Homo Sapien Sapiens civilisation is the result of just a few millenia, so the possibility remains.

What did you not understand about "The Antarctic polar icecap is 33.6 million years old"?

#29    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,771 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

The only thing we could find could be some sort of cave system frozen in time. There might be remains of an extinct Mammal or penguin or even a seal or a whale

#30    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 12 June 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

The only thing we could find could be some sort of cave system frozen in time. There might be remains of an extinct Mammal or penguin or even a seal or a whale
that would be interesting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users