Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#496    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

It seems to me the most bizarre things get to me, Like when I saw The Happening, I was pretty damn freaked out when there in the cabin and that old woman starts to bang her head against the window. I dont know why that scene got to me but I remember thinking about that scene later that night when I was in bed.  Also the scene where there at the school and the kids are having a concert, and they stop playing all of a suddenly and then start to kill themselves, by shoving the flutes down there own throats....Ugh

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#497    Meg-minty

Meg-minty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

Well I have a friend and she is so funny! ;) every time I see her it's like "omg! Have you seen the human centipede?!" I'm like "no" she's like "good it's so scary" so me, her and my other friend then go and watch the trailer with her facing away from the screen. She is scared so easily.
I really wanted to go and see 'mama' it look well good on the trailer but for anyone who watched it is it worth watching? I'm not really a horror person but mama looked ok. :D

#498    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostMeg-minty, on 28 May 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Well I have a friend and she is so funny! ;) every time I see her it's like "omg! Have you seen the human centipede?!" I'm like "no" she's like "good it's so scary" so me, her and my other friend then go and watch the trailer with her facing away from the screen. She is scared so easily.
I really wanted to go and see 'mama' it look well good on the trailer but for anyone who watched it is it worth watching? I'm not really a horror person but mama looked ok. :D
I didn't get a chance to see it, and I'm all for Del Toros films,

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#499    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

I watched the lords of salem the other day...turned it off halfway through. I know rob zombie films have an aqired taste but this was just utter garbage. oh and (SPOiLER ALERT) casting his wife as the main star was a bold move i think.. A bit egotistical.

#500    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostDoctor manhattan, on 03 June 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

I watched the lords of salem the other day...turned it off halfway through. I know rob zombie films have an aqired taste but this was just utter garbage. oh and (SPOiLER ALERT) casting his wife as the main star was a bold move i think.. A bit egotistical.
He casts his wife in MOST of his movies If not all

#501    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 04 May 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

That is why I love The Shining, you have a gorgeously shot film crammed with bizarre conundrums and a very loose plot and the novel just drips deep dark misery and fantasy through the pages. Both born from the same concept yet colossally different, Kubrick completely subverted King's story to suit his own agendas. Therefore you have a great book if you don't like the film! So many spooky elements were left from the film, the creeping hedge animals would have been an effective addition.

The main complaint people have about the Shining is that Jack Nicholson already looks like he's ready to kill somebody with an ax even during the job interview. Who would hire that freak?

If I remember the book, Jack is a guy who had problems in the past but in the beginning of the book he seems like a nice sympathetic guy who's trying to better his life and family. The spirits that inhabit the hotel subvert him into becoming evil but it's slow and subtle transformation that brings back his problems with alcohol and anger. He's fascinated by the hotel and its history which makes him more coercible by the spirits. The movie's Jack doesn't care about the hotel and immediately starts wandering around in a grouchy mood for no reason before he goes nuts.

#502    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Face Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

• Aliens. Aliens everywhere.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

I dont like anything that involves demons (except Hellboy).
So I have seen The Exorcist like 3 or 4 times, but I have had dreams with demons in it, so I am very careful of the types of movies I end up watching :unsure2:

#503    dm08

dm08

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

View PostMeg-minty, on 28 May 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

I watched "Mama" on a flight to Europe last month and was very disappointed.  I didn't like it at all.  I'm a huge horror movie fan, but there was nothing that was interesting about this flick, unfortunately.  I had high hopes, too.

#504    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

NUFF SAID

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 07 June 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#505    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,524 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

/\ One of the best scenes in history!!! LIGHT. OF. MY. LIFE. :D

Yes Scowl, I agree with much of that. Kubrick really just vacuumed the life and complexities from out of Jack Torrance and Wendy. There is so much packed into the novel that outlines and shades in and suggests the methods to their flaws (and I suppose madness) that were just waiting to be unlocked by the sombre energies of that hotel. He created a painting really, not something that will bend if you touch it as you just can't get anywhere near to the damn surface, it's just all over the darn place trynna keep that film in one comfortable place in your interpretations :D

Kubrick mostly used it as a vehicle for his own messages and themes, such is the arrogance of his artistry, two magnificent takes on one central column imo.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#506    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Yeah I didn't really know what to think of the shinning when I first saw it,  I'm a fan of Stanley kubricks though, so I ended up liking it. Kubrick is a great director, I own A ClockWork Orange and also 2001: A Space oddessey

#507    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,524 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

I haven't seen A Clockwork Orange yet as I need to read the story, Full Metal Jacket and 2001 are just as beautifully shot, the latter falling into the same bizarre assault as The Shining :lol: 2001 is creepy because it's so surreal yet at the same time REAL. Space is always a disturbing reality. That is why films set there can automatically play the isolated theme, just a pure expanse of little dots and vast blackness. I wonder if a horror film set in space will ever carry the same impact that Alien did. The first two are fantastic at building up suspense and bleakness.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#508    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

I read A ClockWork Orange, not an easy book to get through because the characters use there slang and its like none other Iv ever heard. Great book though.  The thing about 2001: A space Oddessey is that computer intelligence HAL9000, that monotone voice it speaks in is pretty scary in my opinion.

#509    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,524 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

I'm looking forward to giving it a read when I finally get onto it! Yeah that voice just perfectly connotes artificial intelligence and the spooky caricature it presents, that's why movies like The Matrix and Terminator freak me out, could be a real possibility as technology gets more and more complex and cunning. With movie monsters like The Thing and Alien and vampires etc etc at least you have a black and white coloured cartoon to readily accept as an enemy. With films such as The Exorcist, The Shining and The Matrix, the enemy is so much more detailed and textured.

#510    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Gonna add Phantasm, Freaks, Puppetmaster, and The Hills Have Eyes.  *shiver*

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users