Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Canadian Ships on there Way

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

jeceris and I had a private talk, and he's venting the frustration that most of us feel at a time like this. sad.gif

It's time to get over what the govenments did or did not do. We have to pull together and get these people what they need, RIGHT NOW!

The finger pointing is a waste of time at the moment!

Thank you, anybody and everybody that is sending help!!! thumbsup.gif

#62    jeceris

jeceris

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

• THERE AIN'T NO DEVIL, IT'S JUST GOD WHEN HE'S DRUNK- TOM WAITS

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:36 PM

as stated here before, both countries are there to help each other at times of crisis.
from the time ken whathisname smuggled out american embassy staff from iran, to the time americans came up here and helped us out after the ice storm had left us without power for weeks, it's a back and forth thing and hopefully always will be.
we are a much smaller counrty than the u.s. and when we send a ship, it's a big deal beacuse we don't have many, and i know some of you see it as a small gesture. and i've gotta understand that.
but it's still the gesture that really does matter.

anyway, enough bickering, and here's another example of canucks helping out.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...s_20050909.html

ottawa senators hockey

there was THIS year

#63    Celumnaz

Celumnaz

Telekinetic

• 7,039 posts

• I don't know what I don't know.

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(MedicTJ @ Sep 7 2005, 02:11 AM)
Things were NOT handled correctly.  There was no plan in place, nor any contingency plan.  Everything got screwed up and people have died.

There were plans in place, the local officials did not execute the plan they had.  The Mayor, and Governor failed those people miserably.

QUOTE(Thanato @ Sep 7 2005, 06:18 AM)
Canada dosnt get alot of recogenition for what its down, and quite frankly that is getting a bit frustrating

Might wanna start getting used to that.  The US gets this treatment around the world ALL the time.

I say Thank You Canada.  And Thank you to the other countries that have helped... Kuwait, wow.  And thank you to the US Army, and Bush, for taking care of what the corrupt local authorities wouldn't.

#64    Thanato

Thanato

Government Agent

• 4,044 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:24 PM

Canada is sending the most aid tongue.gif

The ships will be delayed do to the storm off of flordia, also 2 canadian Cormarant SAR choppers are in a US Coast Gaurd base doing SAR operations around the Cap Cod (i think) area. Because all the US Choppers are down in the new orleans area.

~Thanato

"Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scrapping will remove the black parts!" ~Caboose

"I will eat your unhappyness!" ~Caboose

"Freedom isn't bought in stores, it is bought on battlefields." ~Thanato

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users