Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Famous people who believe in ET and UFOs

UM-Bot

Many high profile individuals over the years have spoken out on their belief that we are being visited.

While many of those who subscribe to the idea that Earth is being visited by an intelligent extraterrestrial race would perhaps prefer to keep it to themselves, there are multiple cases of famous people who have made no secret of their interest in the subject.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256293/famous-people-who-believe-in-et-and-ufos

I have seen a UFO if you define that as an unidentified flying object. Doesn't mean I do or don't believe in extraterrestrials, just I saw something in the sky and didn't know what it was. Obviously a lot of people have.

• Like 1

The statement in the article-- that several scientists, astronomers, and astronauts are among those who believe we are not alone-- is misleading. Several means more than two, but not many. In fact, many physicists, astronomers, and other scientifically trained persons accept not just the vague 'we are not alone' proposition, but also that we are visited by extraterrestrials.

Richard Nixon's remarks-- that he was not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFOs, and was still being briefed on the matter, is interesting. I don't recall reading this before. He clearly seems to admit that the government has such knowledge, and that this is too 'sensitive' to reveal. It seems that there was continuing interest by the government in UFOs, since the president was still being briefed.

• Like 4

Believing that there is life elsewhere is not the same as believing we are being visited. Believing Earth has been visited at times during its geological history is not the same as believing it is being visited on a regular basis now. Believing that you have seen something you cannot identify is not the same as believing it is an extraterrestrial craft from Tau Ceti.

• Like 1

our universe is such a vast space, if we are alone would you think its such a waste?

The statement in the article-- that several scientists, astronomers, and astronauts are among those who believe we are not alone-- is misleading. Several means more than two, but not many. In fact, many physicists, astronomers, and other scientifically trained persons accept not just the vague 'we are not alone' proposition, but also that we are visited by extraterrestrials.

Richard Nixon's remarks-- that he was not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFOs, and was still being briefed on the matter, is interesting. I don't recall reading this before. He clearly seems to admit that the government has such knowledge, and that this is too 'sensitive' to reveal. It seems that there was continuing interest by the government in UFOs, since the president was still being briefed.

Nixon, the man who took crime off the streets and straight into the Whitehouse is certainly not a good example for themto use in an article.

Ah well , if well-known people believe in UFO`s then they must exist.........

How can they not exist? You really think we are the only ones around?

Who knows? But if indeed extraterrestrials have done and still do visit here, would they have vehicles similar to the drones the government has now, or would they be something entirely different than we can even imagine, and something that perhaps we wouldn't recognize as a vehicle if we saw it in the night sky? Somehow, if they were that much more advanced over humans, I would think their mode of transportation would be something...more.

Alot of what is known as the abducting phenomenon, I know for sure is government/hierarchy related.

Are we alone ? No. There is something out there of course

Did UFOs appear in ancient times ? possibly

Are authentic UFOs seen today ? possibly. I have even seen one myself, although I don't know if it was man made or not.

Also I don't really agree with the whole "little green men" or "reptilian" aliens. I think real aliens look more human then we think.

Nixon, the man who took crime off the streets and straight into the Whitehouse is certainly not a good example for themto use in an article.

Nixon was a boy scout compared to the thieving, piker occupying the place now.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Believing that there is life elsewhere is not the same as believing we are being visited. Believing Earth has been visited at times during its geological history is not the same as believing it is being visited on a regular basis now. Believing that you have seen something you cannot identify is not the same as believing it is an extraterrestrial craft from Tau Ceti.

It certainly is misleading.

For example, Hawking (to my knowledge) has never claimed to believe that "we are being visited."

The gist of what Hawking said - and is paraphrased in a very misleading way in the OP story - was that we should not try to contact any alien races - not that they're flying around over our heads.

Harte

A lot of famous people believe in various religions as well. Does that imply that they are all true?

• Like 2

That just about Nick`s the Deal ! The "Z" man chimed in with all the Proof we need ! LoL ~ :tu:

Yes there have been many UFO sightings reported over the years by famous people....and of course being a universally recognisable figure does not afford the witness any more validity than is given to the average Joe !...but nevertheless, there is one well known report from one of the world's best known singer/songwriters... Mr John Winston Lennon.

He gave many accounts of what might be called 'a routine ce1' that he and his 'then' girlfriend May Pang had in 1974.....

...I personally find John and May's sighting pretty convincing ...imo, they both exude sincerity on this matter, and since the object was clearly described as being a tangible object with definite shape and in no way suggests that it could have been some kind of atmospheric anomaly or hallucination [my initial thoughts were of the well documented consummation of illicit substances, but I opine that four independent police and six independent newspaper reports seems to curtail this line of thought.] ..compels me to conclude that it was a genuine UFO sighting....but as usual, something as interesting as this brings out the 'crackpot-element' that sadly accompanies the genre of genuine UFO reports that have a big name associated with them...and that is the $$$ making conspiracy theorists. :no: ...that will invent any ludicrous scenario that might just appeal to a certain breed of credulous book-buyers!!...in this case...John was murdered, not by a psychopathic wannabe,... but by the men in black to stop him talking about UFO's?????

Cheers.

• Like 1

That Richard Nixon practiced deception when it suited his political ends is well known. I don't perceive any such advantage in his lying about government knowledge of UFOs.

Yes there have been many UFO sightings reported over the years by famous people....and of course being a universally recognisable figure does not afford the witness any more validity than is given to the average Joe !...but nevertheless, there is one well known report from one of the world's best known singer/songwriters... Mr John Winston Lennon.

He gave many accounts of what might be called 'a routine ce1' that he and his 'then' girlfriend May Pang had in 1974.....

[media=]

[/media]

...I personally find John and May's sighting pretty convincing ...imo, they both exude sincerity on this matter, and since the object was clearly described as being a tangible object with definite shape and in no way suggests that it could have been some kind of atmospheric anomaly or hallucination [my initial thoughts were of the well documented consummation of illicit substances, but I opine that four independent police and six independent newspaper reports seems to curtail this line of thought.] ..compels me to conclude that it was a genuine UFO sighting....but as usual, something as interesting as this brings out the 'crackpot-element' that sadly accompanies the genre of genuine UFO reports that have a big name associated with them...and that is the $$$ making conspiracy theorists. :no: ...that will invent any ludicrous scenario that might just appeal to a certain breed of credulous book-buyers!!...in this case...John was murdered, not by a psychopathic wannabe,... but by the men in black to stop him talking about UFO's?????

Cheers.

Now you gone and done it 1963 ! We will require a Song to go along with that claim ! :whistle:

• Like 1

Now you gone and done it 1963 ! We will require a Song to go along with that claim ! :whistle:

Here you are old friend....

will that do sir? ;)

Goodnight D.

Richard Nixon was not simply a well known person. This is not an argument from authority fallacy. As president of the United States he may have been in a position to be privy to certain information known to the government about UFOs.

When a number of scientists, in fields germane to the question. are willing to endorse the likelihood of extraterrestrial visitation it seems reasonable to take the possibility seriously.

our universe is such a vast space, if we are alone would you think its such a waste?

It's not like believing in Santa Claus, it's like looking at facts and figures and making a judgement.

Those triangle shape objects that have been reported in the night sky I often wonder aren't secret military craft

because the B2 and F117 are similar in shape. It could be possible they are experimenting with a new propulsion

system that runs silent. However though the disk shape objects go way back and they are a mystery. Did we have

the technology back then to create craft that could fly stable and fly at high rates of speed? If so then one would

think they would declassify those craft eventually like they did the U2, SR71 and Stealth bombers. B2, F117.

If you believe in UFOS and ET, then you will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. To change a belief requires both recognition and the effort to consider alternatives, that is perspective.

• Like 1

If you believe in UFOS and ET, then you will attempt to find evidence to support that belief. We work to substantiate our beliefs, that is human nature. To change a belief requires both recognition and the effort to consider alternatives, that is perspective.

:tu:

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.”

- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

Edited by psyche101

That Richard Nixon practiced deception when it suited his political ends is well known. I don't perceive any such advantage in his lying about government knowledge of UFOs.

Or lack of knowledge, like Roswell, it was easier to say it was a spaceship and an alien than let people find out what really was going on behind closed labs.

As for Nixon, if he were not lying for his sake, he was lying for the rest of the government. Many of the UFO's were and still are government and military equipment, and there are many a scientist who would be willing to vouch they are UFOs for the sake of a few million, this is ideal to have a famous person backing up claims, eg: Tom Cruise was a great candidate for a certain cult....once.

Edited by freetoroam

I've been blessed with witnessing some strange events, but in my 53 years on this planet I have yet to witness one that could not be explained.

Among the phenomena I've been fortunate enough to witness, 3 bolide meteors, (Two in the same shower. Do you know what the odds are of seeing one in a lifetime is?), the Jan 20th 1990 meteor that streaked across the eastern US, and a Proton-B second stage re-entry (which Aerospace Corp. gave me a sighting confirmation on). I still watch the skies for that one thing I cannot identify, but I still enjoy the magic of those that I can, reminding me of our place in the universe.

Edited by Kahn
  • Like 1