Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Workers paint handicap sign under parked car

glorybebe

Hila Ben Baruch says she parked her car legally near her Tel Aviv home only to find it gone and replaced with a handicapped parking sign. City Hall slapped her with more than $300 Cdn in fines. Making matters worse, she says a city representative accused her of lying when she called to complain.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/02/07/israel-parked-car.html

That is pretty ballsy! OMG!

• Like 1

Bugger the refund take them to the galleys and go for broke. But I'm assuming it happened in a M.E. country from the names and places given, in that case wow she is still walking and talking after backchatting the governments fine? Hats off to her,*snip*

Edited by libstaK
foul language
  • Like 1

Bugger the refund take them to the galleys and go for broke. But I'm assuming it happened in a M.E. country from the names and places given, in that case wow she is still walking and talking after backchatting the governments fine? Hats off to her, *snip*

You walking around with a white cane??

:P

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

I come from two different p.o.v. one I am happy that finally if my geological location was right, a female is trying to stand up for herself in a rough place. But what cheeky street guys deserved a good kick up the ****. If it was in a western country she would be a millionaire by now just from the sorry act she could throw in court.

We have the same kind of jobsworth here:

Council officials initially denied knowing the whereabouts of Mrs Ducker's Volkswagen Golf when it disappeared from a street near her home. Three weeks later, they sent a demand for £800 in fines and a photograph of the car parked on the newly painted lines.

Contractors had lifted the vehicle and painted under it, before carefully replacing it. Later that same day, traffic wardens spotted the "illegally parked" car and ordered it to be towed away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/5401269/Council-workers-paint-double-yellow-lines-under-car-then-have-it-towed-away.html

• Like 2

We have the same kind of jobsworth here:

Council officials initially denied knowing the whereabouts of Mrs Ducker's Volkswagen Golf when it disappeared from a street near her home. Three weeks later, they sent a demand for £800 in fines and a photograph of the car parked on the newly painted lines.

Contractors had lifted the vehicle and painted under it, before carefully replacing it. Later that same day, traffic wardens spotted the "illegally parked" car and ordered it to be towed away.

http://www.telegraph...towed-away.html

Really nice. What kind of *snip* would even think of doing this?

Edited by libstaK

What gets me is the co-ordinated effort, you can expect to find the odd corrupt council worker here and there but these guys were a team. It's incredible that one person can think this way but a whole group? And why? don't the fines go into the council's coffers? What could possibly be in it for them? Kick backs for 3-4 people over parking fines can't possibly be high enough to justify this behaviour, it would have to happen very often to be worth it - so where is the investigation into the internal practices at that council. *sighs* it really is beyond low to do this to someone.

Edited by libstaK

What gets me is the co-ordinated effort, you can expect to find the odd corrupt council worker here and there but these guys were a team. It's incredible that one person can think this way but a whole group? And why? don't the fines go into the council's coffers? What could possibly be in it for them? Kick backs for 3-4 people over parking fines can't possibly be high enough to justify this behaviour, it would have to happen very often to be worth it - so where is the investigation into the internal practices at that council. *sighs* it really is beyond low to do this to someone.

My first instinct was that it must have somehow been personal against this individual. To scam like that just for money would be incredibly petty. As it is, I'd be in court against someone for the time and effort it took to fight this stupidity. Say, ten times the fine and a public apology from all involved? Edited by and then
  • Like 1

I come from two different p.o.v. one I am happy that finally if my geological location was right, a female is trying to stand up for herself in a rough place. But what cheeky street guys deserved a good kick up the ****. If it was in a western country she would be a millionaire by now just from the sorry act she could throw in court.

You are still wondering which country it is??

OK, here's a quote from the article:

"An Israeli woman has turned to Facebook to beat a parking ticket — and expose a Tel Aviv road crew"

My first instinct was that it must have somehow been personal against this individual. To scam like that just for money would be incredibly petty. As it is, I'd be in court against someone for the time and effort it took to fight this stupidity. Say, ten times the fine and a public apology from all involved?

At the very least. :tu:

You are still wondering which country it is??

OK, here's a quote from the article:

"An Israeli woman has turned to Facebook to beat a parking ticket — and expose a Tel Aviv road crew"

errrr..... have you any more clues?

:D