Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mystery 'primate' spotted in a UK park

terri leigh cox shaun bessant primate park

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,503 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

A mystery creature, which a student claims is a monkey, has been photographed in a public park.

Terri Leigh Cox, 17, says that she saw something hunched over and bounding around on all fours from her bedroom window in Dorchester, Dorset, and took a photograph of it on her mobile phone. The teenager said that the park's visitor, which she insisted was not a dog or cat, then ran up a tree and out of sight.

Shaun Bessant, her boyfriend, went out to investigate but found no sign of the "monkey–like" creature.

http://www.telegraph...hough-park.html

Posted Image

#2    Thegreatsilence

Thegreatsilence

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

This picture is even more blurry than the one taken in Pennsylvania, congrats !

#3    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think the Finding Bigfoot crew has their next episode.

[media='funny-pic'][/media]

#4    Shego

Shego

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• "And I'm alive
    I'm God's favorite
    And I'm an angel
    The purest you've ever met"
    - Jyrki 69 (bit me 10/6/09)

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Posted Image

What type of camera were they using? That could be anything to a table to a dog...

Posted Image

I want a guy with a rich boy standards
Handsome, has it, want it , have it

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,586 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I remember once a gibbon escaped from the Ho Chi Minh City zoo.  We were sitting on a canal bank and watched it brachiate (swing from branch to branch using just its arms) from tree to tree along the river, seeming very determinedly to be going somewhere.  A few minutes later a swarm of police came running wanting to know if we had seen it.  They continued running where we pointed.

I don't know what finally happened; the incident never got into the newspapers.

#6    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Another link: View: Click here..

Posted Image

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,228 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Escapee from the zoo or someones pet became too big.

#8    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

A local chav off to the corner shop to buy a bottle of white lightning.......

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#9    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostThegreatsilence, on 26 March 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

This picture is even more blurry than the one taken in Pennsylvania, congrats !

Of course it's blurry, the close up frame of just the creature is only a small portion of the original.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#10    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 26 March 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

A mystery creature, which a student claims is a monkey, has been photographed in a public park.

Terri Leigh Cox, 17, says that she saw something hunched over and bounding around on all fours from her bedroom window in Dorchester, Dorset, and took a photograph of it on her mobile phone. The teenager said that the park's visitor, which she insisted was not a dog or cat, then ran up a tree and out of sight.

Shaun Bessant, her boyfriend, went out to investigate but found no sign of the "monkey–like" creature.

http://www.telegraph...hough-park.html
Unbelievably I think it's genuine. The same type of creature is reknowned from Staffordshire, care of Nick Redfern's book, MAN-MONKEY. A tree hyrax in origin imo. It looks very chimpanzee-like form the angle of the photo and might be a short-tailed cousin of the black dog.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#11    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

So this person decides to take one photo? Why? I would assume you'd want to get as many pictures as possible.

Looks like a monkey. Maybe it escaped from the zoo or something.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,327 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I love UK media.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Definitely a chimpanzee. Look at its shoulders and knuckles

#14    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostInsanity, on 26 March 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Of course it's blurry, the close up frame of just the creature is only a small portion of the original.

Here is the original: View: CLICK

Posted Image

#15    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postxsas, on 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Here is the original: View: CLICK

Yep, saw it, that's why I mentioned it.  Not sure what the original image size and resolution is, but if you look the posted image is roughly 615*639 px, and the box containing just the animal is maybe 58*58 px.  It is obvious some distance from where the photo was taken.  The animal itself is only about 18 px in height.  I doubt her phone has a decent zoom lens feature.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users