Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Buddhist Monk Levitation

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:19 PM

Haha cool post. I've seen the one with the falling head before. The one where he walks on water might work by building a small, strong wooden walkway submerged enough to where it's not visible maybe? Or possibly just a trick of the camera?

#17    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostEver After, on 07 August 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Haha cool post. I've seen the one with the falling head before. The one where he walks on water might work by building a small, strong wooden walkway submerged enough to where it's not visible maybe? Or possibly just a trick of the camera?

seen this one? It really is freaky

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#18    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,266 posts

• Question everything

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Wow, what a totally convincing and not at all completely faked-looking video. My complements in particular to the cameraman for having the foresight to realize the importance of dramatically cutting away repeatedly to show the host's reactions instead of the amazing never before recorded event they came there specifically to see. I would've foolishly kept the camera focused on every second of the action being sure to show it from all angles without pause as it happened, thereby spoiling this truly once in a lifetime opportunity.

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#19    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,991 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

Seeder - That's insane! I rewatched it and I can see how it could all be a work, but very cool nonetheless.

#20    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostEver After, on 07 August 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Seeder - That's insane! I rewatched it and I can see how it could all be a work, but very cool nonetheless.

:tu:   Yeh Criss Angel is brilliant, and Dynamo, do a youtube search on them, it'll keep you entertained for ages!!  Yes that last trick I reckon was a dwarf and obviously one of those half people, who are more common that you think, thats why Criss was holding the holder the half woman was in, under the skirt when they pulled her off

If you rewatch, the woman used for the trick walked weird, sat weird, and laid back really odd, the 2 girls helping were stooges of course...you can hear a wooden sound when Criss tapped her waist

edit: typos

Edited by seeder, 07 August 2013 - 07:59 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#21    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostXnibiru, on 07 August 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Magician Dan White meets up with a Buddhist monk, in Nepal, who has the power of levitation. Do you believe this or not???
Watch: Buddhist Monk Levitation – Full Video
When I was a child, I heard many stories about some ancient people levitating into the air in broad day light. And I know many Buddhist monks have supernormal abitly and this is one of them.

Even the "liberal-know-nothings" from the US Public Broadcasting Service debunked this years ago with demonstrations from the streets of India. A one-legged prop and thin "butt support" are used, not seen in the candlelit darkness and billowy obfuscation of the monk's clothing and stick. Of course Magician Dan's complicity was required, also. Such a clip as this would only enhance his (relatively under-known) magician's reputation. Who is he? I'm an oldster, familiar only with Kreskin, Randi, Geller and 'Mandrake.'

The real miracle is not to raise oneself while living, but rather after one isn't. Some are said to have done this, but the reports have been questioned and, in some cases, dismissed. Others retain credibility, noting that such a rising is not impossible, given current understandings of quantum physics, inter-dimensionality and the not-yet nature of the future.

Edited by szentgyorgy, 07 August 2013 - 08:07 PM.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#22    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:07 PM

Buddhists monks are a lot behind the west  if you ask me, this girl didnt need to meditate every day and live in a temple to use her Chi to levitate   :tu:

#23    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 07 August 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

A one-legged prop and thin "butt support" are used,

:tu:   and to enhance this point

Indian levitation exposed

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostEver After, on 07 August 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

The one where he walks on water might work by building a small, strong wooden walkway submerged enough to where it's not visible maybe? Or possibly just a trick of the camera?

No not camera trickery, most probable has to be a walkway....here it is again by Criss

Now the public assume, that he does this in FRONT of the general public, but its paid stooges of course

except where he does card tricks and general magician stuff, thats 'out on the streets for real', as it needs no props

I mean, dontcha think if you were in that pool, you wouldn't be slapping the water behind him to feel for a platform? But no-one does, do they?

Edited by seeder, 07 August 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#25    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Dynamos variation of the Bus levitation, tho same principle and clever editing so you dont see the trick

Budhist Monks? pft. Get real! Its just trickery  :tu:

#26    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postseeder, on 07 August 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Dynamos variation of the Bus levitation, tho same principle and clever editing so you dont see the trick

Budhist Monks? pft. Get real! Its just trickery  :tu:

No videos, for whatever reason. Raise a person off his/her ass? Incentive. Raise a person off his/her economic standing? Capitalism/charlatanism. Raise someone from the dead. . .?

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ok last couple of vids from me

NEW levitation

I'll teach you how to levitate  :clap: :w00t:

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,371 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

I dunno if he can or he can't, although I doubt it, but it matters not.  Buddhism is not about flying abot.

#29    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 August 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

I dunno if he can or he can't, although I doubt it, but it matters not.  Buddhism is not about flying abot.

I believe some masters probably can do it just like other things. A few have even demonstrated to researchers at various times...  control of body manipulation and function beyond human norm. I highly doubt any you tube or public type magicians since the real masters wouldn't show off to public without a very good unselfish reason.

Edited by White Unicorn, 08 August 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#30    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,168 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 07 August 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

well, just lost one convert then

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users