Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
840 replies to this topic

#121    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,875 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Alexander's own words are filthy and true (reflection of his character).

Don't worry armchair prosecutors, Nancy Grace, with her obsessed infatuation with cute girls involved in heinous crimes, will get this one off on parole too after making her famous and wasting months of millions of viewers' lives before the not-guilty verdict.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#122    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 4,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostCnrain, on 27 February 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Ugh... I feel nauseous, and just physically sick. Some of the evidence presented during the trial were just so disturbing. It's pretty shocking that the defendant is very soft-spoken, despite the brutality of the killing; one might think she would not be capable of such actions. While I agree that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander based on her testimony and her being placed at the crime scene, I don't think there's a convincing argument that the murder was pre-meditated. But I also don't believe that she killed him in self-defense... The 27(or 29) stab wounds can speak for themselves as overkill and shows a more sinister motivation. Plus the gun shot to the head... when he's already severely bleeding from stab wounds should not be justified by self-defense. Seriously, were a gun and a knife just lying around for her to 'protect' herself?  
Besides the photos before the attack were so weird. Why was she taking photos of him naked if she's about to kill him...then attempt to delete some?
Disturbing case. :no:

you dont think theres a convincing argument it was premeditated??? riiiight. thats just. yeah ok.

she was probably taking the photos for a sense of power over her victim. realizing **** its evidence she tries to delete some possibly gets annoyed and says **** it imma throw it in the washing mashing.

edit: either way im stepping oot of the thread id rather discuss this case on webslueths than here.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 27 February 2013 - 02:54 PM.

"Good lord, what is happening in there?!" ................."Aurora Borealis?"

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#123    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postmissterri, on 27 February 2013 - 02:27 AM, said:

I am so on the fence right now...Of course i believe she killed him because she admits it.. but premeditated ??? I dont know...in fact i doubt it....  I think if she KNEW she was going to kill him, why not do it while he was sleeping??? According to prosecution she started planning it, at the latest, when her grandparents gun was stolen... thats a long time to think things through.  Wouldnt she want a better GUN?? A simple google search lets one know a 25 cal is about the weakest gun they make, right?

I think Jodi wanted Travis to know why he was going to die.  The look on his face in the shower photo is fear.

What a man dwells on, he becomes.

#124    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 February 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

i don't think he's being unprofessional at all i see him taking shots where he can, hes trying to fluster her she has already slipped up on multiple questions posed to her and it's fair game. the more he can get her to show she has an excellent memory, and is very prone to lying, and being aggressive the more the jury is not going to be swayed by miss poor lil me.

edit: imma reread this tommorow im pretty drunk and forgot you cant delete comments. think it looks decent tho

How are ya feeling today?  Do you still think the prosecutor is doing a professional job?

#125    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,983 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 27 February 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

you dont think theres a convincing argument it was premeditated??? riiiight. thats just. yeah ok.

she was probably taking the photos for a sense of power over her victim. realizing **** its evidence she tries to delete some possibly gets annoyed and says **** it imma throw it in the washing mashing.

edit: either way im stepping oot of the thread id rather discuss this case on webslueths than here.

Re; your edit, I completely understand how you feel. It's a crazy train...one I saw coming very early on, and I feel exactly the same way you do.  :no:
I have to discuss with those who are like minded. It has nothing to do with difference of opinion, it has to do with being on the same page to begin with because there are fundamental issues which if can't be agreed upon, then it's pointless to go on with any further discussion.

Re: the photos, I've speculated along those same lines about those of Alexander in the shower in that Alexander didn't appreciate that she was taking them (he didn't appear cooperative), and that she did it to annoy him.
When I look at the time line of the day, I see that the photos of Arias began at 1:40pm...there was e-mail activity on Alexander's computer @ 4:19 and about 45 minutes later, he was in the shower.
It appears that Alexander was going on about his day per usual...and not including Arias.

Those photos are very, very odd- not only in the way that Alexander's postures and expressions appear strange, but together with the fact that they were taken a significant time later than the other photos of the same nature (by nature, I mean nude).

Edited by regi, 27 February 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#126    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostCnrain, on 27 February 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Ugh... I feel nauseous, and just physically sick. Some of the evidence presented during the trial were just so disturbing. It's pretty shocking that the defendant is very soft-spoken, despite the brutality of the killing; one might think she would not be capable of such actions. While I agree that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander based on her testimony and her being placed at the crime scene, I don't think there's a convincing argument that the murder was pre-meditated. But I also don't believe that she killed him in self-defense... The 27(or 29) stab wounds can speak for themselves as overkill and shows a more sinister motivation. Plus the gun shot to the head... when he's already severely bleeding from stab wounds should not be justified by self-defense. Seriously, were a gun and a knife just lying around for her to 'protect' herself?  
Besides the photos before the attack were so weird. Why was she taking photos of him naked if she's about to kill him...then attempt to delete some?
Disturbing case. :no:

I agree.  It's hard for me to believe this soft spoken likable girl committed such a brutal hateful act.  But she did.  Scary.  Anybody have a theory for why she took the photos?

#127    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,983 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

View Postspayneuter, on 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Do you still think the prosecutor is doing a professional job?

What's clear to me is Martinez- intentionally or not- is demonstrating how extremely difficult it is to contend with an individual such as Arias, who in turn, is showing to be a master manipulator.
Indeed, she's showing that she will NOT be controlled....not on the stand, and so it follows, not anywhere else.

Edited by regi, 27 February 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#128    spayneuter

spayneuter

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• Live Long And Prosper.
    Please spay and neuter.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostYamato, on 27 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Alexander's own words are filthy and true (reflection of his character).

Don't worry armchair prosecutors, Nancy Grace, with her obsessed infatuation with cute girls involved in heinous crimes, will get this one off on parole too after making her famous and wasting months of millions of viewers' lives before the not-guilty verdict.

Travis was no completely innocent victim.  I believe he destroyed an already damaged woman.  Too bad he wasn't kind to her.  Still he didn't deserve to be murdered.  She killed him and needs to be in jail the rest of her life.  

BOMBSHELL!!!!    I do not watch Nancy Grace.  She is an idiot.

#129    regi

regi

Poltergeist

• 2,983 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostYamato, on 27 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

Who are you with the name calling? You took personal offence because Lotus and I had a meeting of the minds, and then you called me desperate because I can't show you a video tape of the murder in progress.

And who the heck gives a fig newton about Nancy Grace? That's your beef with Nancy Grace, and has nothing to do with this discussion.

If Nancy Grace has viewers, then it's their business how they use their time. (you know, rights and all.)

#130    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,467 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postspayneuter, on 27 February 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I agree.  It's hard for me to believe this soft spoken likable girl committed such a brutal hateful act.  But she did.  Scary.  Anybody have a theory for why she took the photos?

Since I`ve been  viewing this case,it was said Joni`s hobby was a photoapher,  her and Tarvis were into kinky sex, theres nudity pictures in the camera that day right before she killed him. Joni said  he worked hard to get his body in top form before his trip with this another girl and he wanted Joni to take pictures of his new body in the shower that would give his body a nice look with the water. Joni said the knife he used to cut the rope that he used to tie her up in the kinky sex was also in the bathroom.

#131    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 4,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

View Postspayneuter, on 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

How are ya feeling today?  Do you still think the prosecutor is doing a professional job?

slight headache but to answer you question since i dont wanna leave the thread without answering it, i think hes doing the best he can given the type of individual arias is, shes calculated cold and very manipulative so you have to work your case around it so the person on trial isnt the one controlling how you do your work, its a tough job glad im not a prosecuter id have probably thrown her through a wall by now. howveer i think hes doing a fine job destroying her credibility and showing the jury just how much this woman can lie through her teeth with a smile. however the more and more i think about the case the less and less i feel she will get the death penalty, she rightfully deserves death imo but it probably wont happen.

doc there was no rope.... edit: cause im a dummy. there be rope.

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

"A...Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year?!? At this time of day!?!  In this part of the country!? Localized entirely within your kitchen!?!"   ...."Yes!"

#132    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,467 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

As I mention before-Jodi did killed travis but how, like some say if you go by the timeline in the camera found in the wash machine of the last photo of travis alive 5.29and the photo of her dragging his body at 5,31 doesnt make sense of how he got out into the hall way.Also it looks like the shooting took place at the sink where they found the bullit shell. The blood in the sink appears he was standing at the sink.  Maybe she placed some of his blood in the hall way to back up her story she shot him while he was chasing her down the hall way.

http://jodiariasisin...arias-innocent/

I do wish the proscuter would more into the actual killing of travis, then all this sex talk of Joni`s life. When it comes down to prove the killing was premeditated  or self defence

#133    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,467 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

qoute-doc there was no rope.

The defence showed a picture of small peice of rope .

Detective Flores says pieces of rope were found on the staircase, bedroom and bathroom.

Edited by docyabut2, 27 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

#134    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Happy

• 4,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

oops corrected was on a thread too far back my apologies there were small piece of rope found and presented you are right. oi gotta stop having 10 pages open on my browser at once. either way sub/dom roleplaying is fairly common so i dont really see the point in its discussion.

edit: alright stepping out now if anyone wants to discuss some points in the case feel free to msg me imma leave now and bang my head against the wall for a few minutes for the stupid mistake lol

Edited by Iron_Lotus, 27 February 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#135    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,875 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

View Postregi, on 27 February 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Who are you with the name calling? You took personal offence because Lotus and I had a meeting of the minds, and then you called me desperate because I can't show you a video tape of the murder in progress.

And who the heck gives a fig newton about Nancy Grace? That's your beef with Nancy Grace, and has nothing to do with this discussion.

If Nancy Grace has viewers, then it's their business how they use their time. (you know, rights and all.)
What name did I call?  Using a phrase like armchair prosecutors?  That's not name calling that's describing and I'm not referring to anyone here in particular but nearly the entire population of affixed Nancy Grace watchers.   I'm not getting personal here and there's no reason for you to, so please calm down.  Good grief!

Nancy (dis)Grace is precisely why people have such strong opinions about court trials like this one and why they get them so notoriously WRONG.  Her record of guilty until proven innocent has been a disaster.  Just share her shameful Wiki page so friends know what they're wasting their time on.

I also didn't imply and sure didn't state that people don't have a right to watch TV, or waste their time getting the presumption of innocence ack basswards.  They should be corrected for their errors wherever they're found however.   Romble romble romble she's guilty guilty guilty of exactly whatever you think she is?  Please come down off that cross we could use the wood.  The trial isn't over yet and she's innocent until proven guilty.  Grovel with it.  I will.

"Hot like a 12-year old".
*pukes*

Edited by Yamato, 27 February 2013 - 05:39 PM.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users