Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.M's Third Paranormal Photomanip Challenge!

TwilightSilver

It's been a few years, so I figured there were many more new members that have joined, and plenty of old veterans of my challenges that enjoyed (or so I think...lol) my old challenges so why not try it again? I've revised the rules a bit to change things up a little...

If this is something everyone would like to partake in again let me know, because this time I looked at the old posts from members of previous contests of mine and would like to have 3 U.M. members to vote with me on the winners and discuss the challenge before it is officially started.

If you want to be a part of the judging panel, please P.M. me! I will keep this thread updated... Now on to the challenge...

Here's the Gist:

We've all seen pictures on the internet depicting paranormal phenomenon. The goal for this contest, is to create a realistic photo-manipulation depicting said paranormal phenomenon. Some members here have gone to lengths to "Debunk" such photos as hoaxes and manipulations. I want to use this thread for submissions of said "photos" to test the creative abilities of our members!

Here's the challenge:

~ These pictures/photo-manipulations must be original to this contest. (No posting a previously made photo by someone else as your own material, or any other photo made by yourself previously in other contests.) I.E.: You cannot re-enter a manipulation made in a previous contest on U.M. if you didn't rank in the top 3 or honorable mentions. This also applies to contests outside of Unexplained-Mysteries.

~ I will allow only 2 submissions per person. This will limit the amount of pictures on this topic and allow the judges to select evenly.

~ You can use any form of digital manipulation tool in your creation. (Photoshop, ect...) I liked the idea of writing "Fake" or embedding it in the photo. It clarifies that it is indeed fake, and could prevent it for being passed as real.

~ If you are using photos by someone other than yourself (for backgrounds, characters, nuances..) try and obtain permission to use copyrighted works if you need to use any, or obtain free stock photos where you can online. You can credit source material, although it's not necessary.

~ All submissions are copyrighted to their creators. Please do not distribute, display, or use these pictures anywhere else other than this thread, unless approved by their creator(s).

~ Try and have fun with what you make! They don't have to be masterpieces of artwork. :)

With all that stated, lets see if anyone would want to participate, and potentially judge the THIRD PARANORMAL PHOTO-MANIPULATION CHALLENGE!

*As stated in my previous challenges, this is not to make fun of paranormal sciences; I believe in it wholeheartedly. This is merely for fun, so don't post flames on how this is a mockery....* :tu:

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE SUBMISSIONS UNTIL I MAKE THE CONTEST OFFICIAL. IF YOU DO, THEY WILL NOT BE COUNTED IN THE CONTEST.

Edit: Rule clarification.

Edited by TwilightSilver

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TwilightSilver

• Tia

• Nadia B.

• Binaural Ubiety

Could a mod please replace "Chanllenge" with "Challenge"??? That would be appreciated.... :cry: What a good start....hahaha

Edited by TwilightSilver

Heh, I remember when I did a few competitions a few years ago, they got a lot of attention. ^_^ Actually did one incredibly similar to this, nearly same rules and a photomanip one... Hopefully we get some good contributions to this one, however I don't currently have a working version of photoshop so I myself cannot enter. :mellow:

It would be no problem if you couldn't enter. I've had two successful runs so far over the years with this here. Would you be interested in judging should your free time permit when the challenge is decided as ended by myself, since you cannot participate?

Good! I am looking forward to the contributions, some of the pics from similar threads in the past were amazing! :tu:

Oh wow! I didn't know anyone on this forum made fun competitions. (I struck out "fun" because it sounded like an insult)

I'll try make something, do we post them or PM them to you or what?

Also here's an idea, we try make up a back story for our images too maybe?

Edited by TheCowyard

Oh wow! I didn't know anyone on this forum made fun competitions. (I struck out "fun" because it sounded like an insult)

I'll try make something, do we post them or PM them to you or what?

Also here's an idea, we try make up a back story for our images too maybe?

The idea for this challenge is to post the photo-manipulations freely at the submitter's behest for all to see. Why the heck not? The problem I had come across in the past is when there were so many submissions I had to literally wade through page upon page to save them all for judging purposes. (Trust me that took a while... :rolleyes:)

So yes, they are to be uploaded straight to the thread. I will be revising my list of rules for much better clarification when I see enough of an interest to start the challenge. Feel free to add anything you wish to the photo, although the story will not contribute to the judging of the image, it would provide us (whoever decided to judge and myself) with an interesting fictional back story! :w00t:

Edited by TwilightSilver

Are animated gifs allowed? Like as if someone converted a video into a short gif.

Sadly no. They have to be a flat, non-moving picture. Maybe one day I should come up with a Gif contest though! That might prove interesting... :)

Are animated gifs allowed? Like as if someone converted a video into a short gif.

this could be a fun Comp, i am undecided weather will participate but will let you know in the next few days

I'll be glad to hear if you do participate!

Edited by TwilightSilver

I would be interested to throw my hat in the ring, I am not the most talented but it would be great fun.

I really want to see how imaginative people here can be, aside from the wonderful research, ideas, theories etc.

I would be interested to throw my hat in the ring, I am not the most talented but it would be great fun.

I really want to see how imaginative people here can be, aside from the wonderful research, ideas, theories etc.

That's basically what I want this contest to be about. Just good 'ol fashioned fun. Like I stated, anyone can participate and I'm looking forward to your submission(s)!

Now to wait and see who else wants a crack at it... I can't get the challenge off the ground without interest. When I get enough takers, and judging help (I may change that, and just have myself judge if no other U.M. member wants to help out) I'll post the winning categories. ^_^

I'll most likely have a crack.

That's what I was wondering. I figure I'll give this contest a week from today. If I don't get many more takers, I'll have to close it down. I've never posted a challenge in the past that wasn't met with success, so I'm getting a bit bummed... :unsure:

I don't have photo shop but would be happy to help judge if you get the contest up and running. :yes:

I have to get my daughter to make all my siggies now.

Edited by Tia

I will definitely submit an entry into this competition!

Count me interested - I will submit a construction that will leave everyone quaking in TERROR

I'm surprised I didn't see this thread earlier.Its a very great idea Twilightsilver :tu: If people notice how easy it is for someone to manipulate a photo to look paranormal they wouldn't be so naive to trust as genuine whatever they think looks"real" in a photo. Anyways,I won't be participating simply because I don't have the slightest clue how to manipulate a photo.I wish I did because this would be great fun.Too bad this forum doesn't have rep(unless I'm a blind noob) or I'd give you some.

Jeepers banana birthday!! Count me in! I already have some ideas for pics.....but I promise not to use muppets.

Jeepers banana birthday!! Count me in! I already have some ideas for pics.....but I promise not to use muppets.

Haha! Well what if it were a ghost muppet? Like the Swedish chef...instead of boo, it'd be BORK!!!

And welcome back Moonie!! *waves*

I'll give it about 24 hours before I will probably open the contest with a full set of rules. I think we'll have enough takers by then to get this goin' and off the ground! :w00t:

Edited by TwilightSilver

Okay, so what's the new deadline? If I have time I'll see what I can do. It will prolly be laughable and instantly debunked, but I can take the criticism. :lol:

Gah! crossposted

Edited by Nadia B.