Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

More 'black widow' spiders found at UK firm

fendercare marine black widow spiders

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,032 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Companies importing containers into Norfolk are being advised to "be very aware" of unexpected cargo following a spate of deadly black widow spiders arriving in the county.

The latest cluster was discovered at Fendercare Marine, Seething, inside a shipment of tyres from Arizona. More were found last November and December.

A spokesman said there was "no further risk" of spiders in their building.

Pest controller Jon Blake said the reason for the increase was "unknown"

http://www.bbc.co.uk...orfolk-21013953

Posted Image

#2    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

My first thought was Scarlet Johannson...is that bad?

#3    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yes, cause she ruined Avengers for me, and now these black widows are ruining the UK!

Edited by Hasina, 14 January 2013 - 10:31 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#4    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostHasina, on 14 January 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

Yes, cause she ruined Avengers for me, and now these black widows are ruining the UK!

She looked great, but...she sure wasn't Russian. I mean...she didn't even try to fake the accent, you at least have to do that lol.

As for the spiders in the UK, that is crazy, I feel for you guys, black widows are a rough time if one of them gets hold of you.

Edited by WoIverine, 14 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#5    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 14 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

She looked great, but...she sure wasn't Russian. I mean...she didn't even try to fake the accent, you at least have to do that lol.

As for the spiders in the UK, that is crazy, I feel for you guys, black widows are a rough time if one of them gets hold of you.
She looked great... and that's all I can say that's a compliment about her being in that movie :3

Haha! I live in Texas, me and black widows are no strangers, though we keep the relationship professional. I feel for the people who don't know about these little guys. They're quite harmless if you don't go crawling around in small, dark, dry places.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#6    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 14 January 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

I think the idea was that she was such an awesome super spy, she could flawlessly speak any language without an accent. Also, boobs.

Yeah, I get black widows in my house during the summer. I just leave them alone. Small spiders, I can deal with, the big ones in my backyard make me consider building a moat.

#7    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

With global trade this is going to happen.  The problem comes in when they hurt the indigenous wildlife and don't have any natural predators so they take over.

#8    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

Well,all I can say is spray spray spray,and hope it dies. as for the black widows used raid.do not let them crawl on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users