Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Night Rider

Loonboy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

• Raziel

• weezil936

I see a picture with the words legs, rider's glove and snout written on it, along with a few arrows :o

Seriously, I see the what you're talking about Loonboy, but I can't make anything of it.

Damn i was expecting David Hasselhoff and a black Pontiac  :s04

Seriously, yep i see the snout quite clearly, but i dunno 'bout the rest of it. Not convinced, i'm afraid

[blue]I agree: it's difficult to discern anything execpt when the suggestion is placed that the image is of a horse and rider.

Would it make any differerence if I told you that the picture was taken: 'on Cemetery Ridge, right across from the Gate House at Gettysburg'. Here's the link to the picture:

http://paranormal.about.com/library/blgallery22.htm

See for yourselves?

:sf

[/blue]

This picture is very interesting. It reminds me of a movie i once saw about a ghost on a horse that would come out at night and kill people. The movie was set in England. I think it was based on some kind of legend of that time.

I can see the head of the horse  

X

Loonboy!

When I looked at the picture(it helped having certain parts pointed out),  I could see what looked like a statue of a horse and rider!!  I was going to joke about it,  and say the General has come back for his troops!  And I haven't even checked the website yet! :o  That's kinda spooky!

KC

Anyway we are all missing the white figure against the line of trees a quarter of the way across the picture... looks all the world to me like a hamster standing on it's back feet on a pair of tank tracks...

... now where did i put that bottle of red *falls off chair*

Hmmmm...Well...Errr...I can see what your talking about, but I really don't think that it's anything along the lines of a headless horseman or anything such as.  But, for the sake of keeping my head on my shoulders, where it never seems to be anyway, I shall not track off through the woods to find this.   :su  So henceforth, I have to say, foggy night, perhaps a bunch of clouds of something, but I don't believe that this is an image of anything.

Farv Michael Larion   :sj

to me it looks like a double exposure, the ghost ofthe horse has things behind it that are faded out like the horse.

Nobody is convincing me that ain't "Robo-hamster" in the background and thats final.

:P

It *could* be a ghostly horse, but with the writing all over it it's hard not to see a horse in it. I think if you were to try and determine whether or not is genuine you'd have to see how it compares to the surroundings. To me, the tree doesn't look all that far away, so in comparison the ghostly horse would be far too large. I don't know, I'm rambling, but it doesn't look right anyway. I think it's far more likely to be an anomaly of some sort.  

Why on earth would someone take a photo of an empty field at night? Seems a little strange to me,  :sp  much more strange than ghost horses!   :sd

Maybe the whole point was to come up with a fake.

I seen the man standing next to the horse.  I think it is an optical illusion.  Plus it seems way bigger then the tree.   :s09

[blue]I think that the 'horse' is in the extreme foreground of the image, while the field is in the middle ground and the trees are in the distant background. That is why the horse looks so big - it is close to the camera.

I also agree with Wholesaleplum in that it is odd to go out and take a picture of a field at night....

:s9

But why not have a ghost animal?

[/blue]

• 1 year later...

"Do paranormals create there own, like, unearthly aura of light, or did they just conviniently have a torch attached to there camera."

Thats the answer i was going to right before i remembered cameras have flashes...

Man im stupid. Just ignore me.

Jak x

Ya......I always take pictures of empty fields at all hours of the night. Seriously, they need to not touch their lens so much.

Mandy

• 2 weeks later...

also, it wouldn't be just a random picture of an empty field. cemetary ridge in gettysburg is QUITE a place if you're looking for orbs or ecto.

Umm, wha? How did those letters just appear out of nowhere? I've never heard of floating phantom letters before. This is so wierd. I'm an alcoholic, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

There are three possible things this picture could be.

1.) Flaw with the film or processing. My guess is double exposure. My friend owns goats and had a picture of one of the goats on a rock. Another picture in the roll was a picture of her grandmother's kitchen table. When the film came back, it was her now transparent goat on the kitchen table.

2.) A trick of the mind. The left side of the brain wants to identify. It looks for things familiar. Just like some people see shapes in the clouds or faces in photos, this can appear to be a horse and rider. (I can see what looks like a horse and rider too, but we could just be on the same wavelength.)

3.) It's a ghost. The problem is, the horse and rider are about the same size, maybe bigger, than that tree next to them. It's not likely (from my point of view).

My guess is it's a flaw with the film or processing.

Whats wrong with a ghostly horse being so big? Whos to say what size 'ghost horses' go up to grin2.gif.

I'n neautral on this right now anyways. I need some more convincing, thought it is pretty spooky.

Actaully looks a little like LB's Avatar over exposed onto the pic...

That's just coincidence though... I see the resemblances but not enough to put a positive assumption on it.

Intresting....