Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot Obsession.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

• BNAG.... < That's Bang out of order!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 22 March 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

danbell, everytime I look at your avatar I see Stefan Richter from Top Chef!

If my image isn't allowed here's the link. He is in the second row from the bottom.

http://www.bravotv.c...-chef/season-10

Haha. Except im far better looking! :)

I cant cook to save my life though so we'll call it a draw.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
Posted Image

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,513 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 23 March 2013 - 12:23 AM, said:

Its definately NOT what i would call a job. I've got a honest job, I'm a self employed bathroom fitter and i work 6 days a week, 8-6 and somedays i work as late as it takes to finish a job.
That is what a real job is..

Amen !

Doesn't it p*** you off that people can be frauds and make money legally?

Can't blame them, but you can blame the customers. And the customers are the ones discussing or debating claims, giving the fame baiters the atention they want.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 23 March 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

I have to kind of wonder if maybe there isn't something in our genetic make up that sort of locks us into belief. When I look at the actual evidence and don't count the stuff that could be faked then there isn't really anything to hang a belief on. Nill, Zip, nada. And yet, I can't help but wonder about them and if they're real or not. People keep claiming to see them, some people very reputable that you can't just blow off.

Then you have to things like with Rick Dyer now, and while I don't include the BFRO in his category they are making money from their show, so they have a vested interest in keeping the myth going. The good news is they haven't claimed to have shot one or have one in a freezer or squirreled away until they can make a movie about it.

Maybe it's us rather than a real creature, maybe it makes us tap into some primal thing locked up in our circuitry.

I dont think they exist anymore. I think they were around at some point. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I'm not calling your friends liars, or anyone who claims to have had an encounter, but its just not happening in this century. Not today. Not in 20 years.

Hoaxes are rife and they will never end because there is never going to be a body produced.

Posted Image

#19    danbell06

danbell06

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostSakari, on 23 March 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

Amen !

Doesn't it p*** you off that people can be frauds and make money legally?

Can't blame them, but you can blame the customers. And the customers are the ones discussing or debating claims, giving the fame baiters the atention they want.

Small fry like dyer doesnt have the same affect as large organisations like BFRO and the Erickson Project, on me. He's a silly redneck who deserves what he has coming to him. He'll fall from a great height.
The finding bigfoot team p*** me off no end. Well, moneymaker is the main culprit. I dont know why but I have a slight hatred towards him and his hair. (Not jealous btw!!!)

Posted Image

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,513 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 23 March 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

Small fry like dyer doesnt have the same affect as large organisations like BFRO and the Erickson Project, on me. He's a silly redneck who deserves what he has coming to him. He'll fall from a great height.
The finding bigfoot team p*** me off no end. Well, moneymaker is the main culprit. I dont know why but I have a slight hatred towards him and his hair. (Not jealous btw!!!)

Make a pledge to yourself :

1. I will not discuss Bif topics on claims, as this just boosts google for said names.

2. I will not watch any " series " on Bif, as this puts money in their pockets.

3. I will write Animal Planet and ask them to drop finding bigfoot.

http://corporate.dis...ewer-relations/

( A topic here, long story, " The Demon Exorcist " was not continued after one airing, in a big part by a topic started here, by a person on the show, a claiment, and people letting animal planet know how they feel about hoaxs and frauds )

4. I will only read topics regarding Bif, and only discuss what makes a person believe in something that has no actual facts of evidence.

5. I will not repeat post any facts against the bigfoot stuff.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#21    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

View Postdanbell06, on 23 March 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

I dont think they exist anymore. I think they were around at some point. Not in my lifetime anyway.

I'm not calling your friends liars, or anyone who claims to have had an encounter, but its just not happening in this century. Not today. Not in 20 years.

Hoaxes are rife and they will never end because there is never going to be a body produced.

I get that people aren't going to understand or accept what my friends told me, they didn't know them as I did and do. So yeah, I can see where people think the same old thing about them and to be honest, had I not known these guys as I did I'd have probably just blown it off too. The one thing that's always sort of hung in my head is that both guys said it doesn't look like an ape or giant monkey, it looks like a giant human with disproportionally large shoulders and upper body. One of my friends said he had no trouble believing the thing could break a bear's neck. There were some other things they spoke about that I just keep to myself, but that's so others don't get any ideas about them.

I understand you not believing me on their say so and I don't have any issue with that. As I have said before on here all I have is what they told me and it will mean little to anyone but me.

Personally, I've spent more time in the woods than the average person over the course of my life and I've never seen or heard one, or found any sign of them, but to be honest, I wasn't really looking for them either.

Edited by keninsc, 23 March 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#22    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 23 March 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

I get that people aren't going to understand or accept what my friends told me, they didn't know them as I did and do. So yeah, I can see where people think the same old thing about them and to be honest, had I not known these guys as I did I'd have probably just blown it off too. The one thing that's always sort of hung in my head is that both guys said it doesn't look like an ape or giant monkey, it looks like a giant human with disproportionally large shoulders and upper body. One of my friends said he had no trouble believing the thing could break a bear's neck. There were some other things they spoke about that I just keep to myself, but that's so others don't get any ideas about them.

I understand you not believing me on their say so and I don't have any issue with that. As I have said before on here all I have is what they told me and it will mean little to anyone but me.

Personally, I've spent more time in the woods than the average person over the course of my life and I've never seen or heard one, or found any sign of them, but to be honest, I wasn't really looking for them either.

I forgot your friends' accounts, keninsc, was this at a time and place where you also frequented the same areas as their sightings. Did you ever do any "extra" hiking after that?

#23    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,513 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

I have to point something out that really should not needed pointed out. And I assure everyone, no offense at all.

Here, we have a topic on " Bigfoot obsession ", and a discussion on how or why do people get that obsession.

Not even to page 2, and on page 2, we have discussions now on personal accounts, whether of friends or their own. Peoples opinions on different claims, and people asking for more detail on a claim.

I am sorry, but how ironic is this?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#24    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Actually, when Jason told me about it, it was a couple years after he's "mysteriously" quit hunting and when he told me about it, was just before we moved up to Virginia in late 1992. I knew the area he was talking about, it had been clear cut and replanted by Georgia/Pacific about three years earlier and was still sort of rough. Tall weeds, upturned stumps, limb falls and logging roads, tall weeds, brush new growth, you know what it's like. After he told me about it I tried to get him to take me out there and just show me where it was he'd seen it, specifically where he'd seen but there was not getting him near that place again and judging from him reaction trying to talk him into it probably wasn't a good idea. Don't get me wrong, "J" was a great guy, but trying to push him into doing something he didn't want to do could be a dangerous undertaking. So when I told him that I'd go and see about taking a look around there myself because I was curious, he got very concerned. Concerned to the point he wasn't going to tell me where he'd seen it. "J" hunted deer with a .30-30 Winchester lever action rifle and he told me if I went out there to take either my assault rifle or my Marlin .444 lever action. He said he was pretty sure that his ".30-30 didn't have enough ass to take that damned thing down." Unless he nailed a head shot or heart shot, anything else would just p*** it off.

Ok, so I went out there and I had my assault rifle with me, a Springfield SAR-48 made by FN/FAL chambered in 7.62 x 51 NATO. I had it loaded up with a twenty round magazine and had a second twenty round as a spare........for what I don't know........if I needed more than twenty rounds then I was in a fire fight in like of which I'd not seen since Nam. Besides, Bigfoot aren't supposed to be armed, by if they're inter-dimensional aliens who can fight with telepathy and odor then I could be out gunned. Anyway, I got over there one morning around ten-ish or so and started wandering around, this must be a couple hundred acre area and in places you can't see in some places due to the over growth of weeds and small scrub trees, I had to pretty much stick to the wallowed out logging roads. Unfortunately, when "J" had been down there and had his encounter the area was relatively cleared out and hadn't had a chance to get all over grown. Never did find anything but to be very honest, I could have been within ten feet of one and not seen him in a lot of the area. I spent about five hours looking around, never saw or found anything.

#25    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

I do give it the benefit of the doubt that these creatures could exist considering unknown animals have been discovered
before but still need that hard evidence to verify it. If that hard evidence was found, I wonder what happens next?

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#26    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostSakari, on 23 March 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

I have to point something out that really should not needed pointed out. And I assure everyone, no offense at all.

Here, we have a topic on " Bigfoot obsession ", and a discussion on how or why do people get that obsession.

Not even to page 2, and on page 2, we have discussions now on personal accounts, whether of friends or their own. Peoples opinions on different claims, and people asking for more detail on a claim.

I am sorry, but how ironic is this?

I've admitted to my obsession. I will debate and ask and argue and read and search... and well... obsess, to satisfy my obsession until I'm shot dead and thrown in a freezer!
Peter Pan I am. :)  Or, as I prefer, Don Quixote!

Tis sad, but true!

btw, no offense taken :tu:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 23 March 2013 - 04:19 AM.

#27    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

I don't think his offense was directed at you QC. *Snip*

Fine, I'll tell her in an email.

Edited by keninsc, 23 March 2013 - 04:46 AM.
Please refrain from telling posters how to post and whom they should/shouldn't quote.

#28    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,513 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 23 March 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

I've admitted to my obsession. I will debate and ask and argue and read and search... and well... obsess, to satisfy my obsession until I'm shot dead and thrown in a freezer!
Peter Pan I am. :)  Or, as I prefer, Don Quiixote!

Tis sad, but true!

btw, no offense taken :tu:

QC,

As said, no offense to anyone at all, and not directed towards anyone at all. Just making a point about the topic. Having a discussion. :)

I know, you and others are interested, I was for a long time myself. I ( and others ) just made it to the point that the OP has just hit, we want to know what the obsession is all about. Especially to people that do not " believe " in it. And those that do.

The discussion is not intended to make arguments, or say people are dumb for their belief. It can be hard here at times, as many ( I have myself ) can take things to personal, and lose site that this is just a discussion board for people to talk about things, and debate them.

Thanks for not being like that, much respect.... :nw:

Edited by Sakari, 23 March 2013 - 04:30 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#29    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

Iam in to Bigfoot but iam not  obsession about it

#30    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostSakari, on 23 March 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

QC,

As said, no offense to anyone at all, and not directed towards anyone at all. Just making a point about the topic. Having a discussion. :)

I know, you and others are interested, I was for a long time myself. I ( and others ) just made it to the point that the OP has just hit, we want to know what the obsession is all about. Especially to people that do not " believe " in it. And those that do.

The discussion is not intended to make arguments, or say people are dumb for their belief. It can be hard here at times, as many ( I have myself ) can take things to personal, and lose site that this is just a discussion board for people to talk about things, and debate them.

Thanks for not being like that, much respect.... :nw:

No problem, I didn't mean it that way, sorry. (I was actually shot while serving as a U.S. Ambassador. Thus, my early retirement status) :no:
You didn't say anything offensive or untrue. I was the one asking questions about bigfoot encounters and so I just responded.
If I got offended too easily, I don't think I'd be doing the Bigfoot Thing! HAHAHA

As I've said before, I'm a lousy judge of how I come across. Always have been, always will. :tu:

Edited by QuiteContrary, 23 March 2013 - 04:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users