Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Texas Country Music Star Tells Critics

Kowalski

Texas Country Music Star to Critics of the NRA, Guns: ‘Tough S**t’

Kevin Fowler live at Rockin Rodeo in Denton, Texas (Credit: Robert Hantson/TheBlaze)

If you are a harsh critic of the National Rifle Association and/or guns, you probably won't enjoy listening to the music of Texas country music star Kevin Fowler.

And he doesn't really care.

"If guns p*** you off, if beer p***es you off, if any of the things that I sing about p*** you off, you're probably not coming to my show anyway. If hunting p***es you off, you're not coming to my show -- so I don't give a damn whether it p***es you off," Fowler told TheBlaze on his tour bus parked outside Rockin Rodeo in Denton, Texas, last week.

"If the NRA p***es you off, I'm sorry...tough s**t," he added.

That's why he didn't think twice about playing at the NRA Country Jam during the organization's annual conference in Houston earlier this month.

Fowler, known for his brutal honesty both on and off the stage, gladly weighed in on the never-ending gun control debate during an exclusive sit-down with TheBlaze on Thursday, less than an hour before he was set to play before a packed house in Denton.

The U.S. already has plenty of gun laws on the books, he said. Those laws just are not properly enforced.

"If you want to kill people, you can do it with a fork, you can do it with something you can buy at the hardware store, you can do it with a gun, you can do it with a knife, you can do it with a car, you can do it with a truck, you can do it however you want to," he explained, stressing the importance of addressing the nation's mental health problem.

"We have to figure out why all these nut jobs want to kill people, that's the problem," he added.

However, despite his strong views on the Second Amendment, the country music star said he tries not to push his politics on his fans.

"I think our music is just beer-drinking, hell-raising, fun music, you know, it's not serious," he said. "I'm not out trying to save the whales...I don't have any political agenda with the music, I try not to. It's just about having fun."

There are a lot of musicians who feel it is their job to "preach at" an audience, Fowler explained. But a live concert should be one place where people can go to let loose and just "forget about it all," he added.

"I think music should be an escape. There's enough stress in the world," he said. "There's enough bad stuff going on, I don't need to remind you of that. Just come to the show and let's rock out."

We asked Fowler which song he would recommend to Blaze readers unfamiliar with his work. He suggested his classic tune "Beer, Bait and Ammo," a song that country music legend George Jones liked so much he actually recorded his own version.

Taken from: http://news.yahoo.co...-213213170.html

I've seen Kevin Fowler perform at events around my area, and he is a great singer. I really like him, he seems very down to earth.

Song "Beer, Bait, and Ammo":

My husband's favorite song (Some you guys might really like this song):

[media=]

Edited by Kowalski

maybe he should try his luck at being a rapper ... like old school south side gangsta rap

• Like 1

Is that a "redneck".

Would this be a case where you could use this term to discribe this singer?

• Like 1

Is that a "redneck".

You say "redneck" like it's a bad thing... :D

Do you know Larry the Cable Guy is worth $50 MILLION!! Not bad for a redneck....

:)

• Like 2

Yea thats basicaly where im at. Im not going along with people who want to infringe on my rights. If you dont like it, tough. I really dont care anymore.

Yea thats basicaly where im at. Im not going along with people who want to infringe on my rights. If you dont like it, tough. I really dont care anymore.

I know exactly how you feel. :tu:

Do you know Larry the Cable Guy is worth $50 MILLION!! Not bad for a redneck....

Don't forget honey boo boo child ;)

• Like 1

does anyone know where term redneck actually came from?? it came from scotish imigrants that used to wear red scarf around their necks, to show they oppose the king. it is funny how the term got missassigned to someone totaly diferent.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

does anyone know where term redneck actually came from?? it came from scotish imigrants that used to wear red scarf around their necks, to show they oppose the king. it is funny how the term got missassigned to someone totaly diferent.

I always heard it was because the hats the farmers wore didn't adequately cover their necks properly. Resulting in a sunburnt neck after a long day toiling in the fields.

• Like 1

anyone knows where word s,h,i,t, came from??

it is actually acronym, from ship high in transit.

comes from days when horse\cow crap was used as furtilizer, and had to be put on upper decks of the ships, so it wont get wet in cargo holds.

• Like 2

Now, now - we all have to embrace this guy and support his decision to speak out and exercise his First Amendment rights.

At least that's what all the libs told us when the Dixie Chicks did it a few years ago.

• Like 3

a18.jpg

:w00t: LMAO

That's hilarious...

I can't post the video on here, but go on Youtube and look up "Clayton Bigsby: White Supremacist". It's Dave Chapelle, and he is playing a guy who is black, and he's a blind white supremacist, who thinks he's white...It's hilarious... :yes:

I love that one part, "If anyone's going to be have sex with MY sister, It's gonna be ME!" LOL

:w00t: LMAO

That's hilarious...

I can't post the video on here, but go on Youtube and look up "Clayton Bigsby: White Supremacist". It's Dave Chapelle, and he is playing a guy who is black, and he's a blind white supremacist, who thinks he's white...It's hilarious... :yes:

I love that one part, "If anyone's going

to be have sex with MY sister, It's gonna be ME!" LOL

I've seen that, hilarious is right!

• Like 1

I've seen that, hilarious is right!

I thought I was going to die laughing. I watched one episode he did with Wayne Brady....

"People like Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcolm X."

:w00t:

Edited by Kowalski

It was a guinuine inquiry, but I think that sweetpumper has a photo of one??? You seem

offended and I would like to know, how you would of wrote the question . Friggen hell,a don't want to infringe on any ****ers rights.

• Like 1

Is that a "redneck".

It was a guinuine inquiry, but I think that sweetpumper has a photo of one??? You seem

offended and I would like to know, how you would of wrote the question . Friggen hell,a don't want to infringe on any ****ers rights.

I wasn't offended by your question at all! I'm sorry if you got that impression. I apologize for the misunderstanding...

• Like 2

I'm sorry also, it seems we both misunderstood each other.

• Like 1

Is that a "redneck".

Yes...after all he did write a song called Redneck Yacht Club.... :yes:

But being a Rednecks not a bad thing! :)

• Like 1

I agree on a couple of points he made, that the problem of WHY people shoot each other needs sorting, and that music's music, you should leave all your s**t outside and just enjoy it!

(even though I can't stand C&W, I did enjoy seeing johnny cash live!)

:-)

• Like 1

Johnny Cash is beyond C&W ... he Walked the Line

• Like 1

Johnny Cash is beyond C&W ... he Walked the Line

[media=]

[/media]

:clap: :clap:

• Like 1

:clap: :clap:

:tsu::nw::clap: