Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creature on my roof (revived after 5 years)

Luxord

I want to ask you guys if you know what I saw one night.Here's my story. I was about 7 years old in my moms car being driven home late at night. From what I remember I was visiting my grandparents. As we drove up to the garage, I got out of the car and looked at my roof because I noticed something pale yellow. When I noticed it, my eyes eventually got a clear and full view of it , and I still remember clearly what it looked like to this day. It was on all fours. It had a humanoid body and its legs were bent in a spiderman position like when hes crawling up walls. Also, its arms and legs were bent awkwardly and inverted. Hold out your arm and bend it towards you. Now imagine that instead of your elbow going outward, it went inward. To me, it looked a little disgusting, but i didn't mind it. Its skin color was a pale yellow and it looked blurry like when someone smudges color on a painting. What striked me the most was its head. It was bald and naked, and for sure I knew it was looking at me even though it had no face, ears, or mouth. like a scultped head without any features. The reason I knew it was looking at me was because it had normal indentions in its face, such as cheeckbones. So, that is why I could tell. I didnt get a feeling of danger.I was suprisingly calm, and it seemed surprised to see me watching it. I ran to my mom and asked her to come look. After about a minute of attempted persuasion, she finally came to where I had stood and saw the creature.....it was gone. My mom believed I did see something, but not what I described. The creature by the way was about the size of a average adult. Im 18 and have been wondering what it was since I laid eyes on it . Please, if you can help and tell me what I saw or if you've had any other similar experiences.

When I posted my expereince on a channeling website and asked a girl to channel an entity for me to explain what I saw, she told me it was a robot. She said the main reason why I could see it was because I was young and had not yet lost the ability ot see things like that. I think it would be cool if a channeler or psychic attempted to use their abiilites to help explain what happened, what it was, orany other interesting information.

Also, When I first posted this a lot of people didn't believe me because they claimed I was just lying. Straight and plainly, I am not. There is no way for me to prove to you that I am being truthful. So, lets just skip that part and focus on identifying what I saw and discuss about it. Thanks.

post-104277-0-06150200-1425317010_thumb.

Edited by tomatoedrama

That's a cool story. Sometimes kids see strange things. It can usually be attributed to imagination probably. When I was about six I have a very vivid memory of what appeared to be a mechanical man stepping out of a hole in the air in my front yard. It looked at me and stepped back into the hole and disappeared. In my memory this was a very real looking occurrence. Maybe it was? Maybe yours was as well.

Sounds like Golum is alive and well..

It does remind me of that!

I edited it a considerable amount. I think my edit makes it a lot more captivating and sound. Basically, better.

Fairy tale, rewarmed.

• Like 1

I understand that point of view, but I know what I saw and have experienced.

Ah crap I am posting on two of the same threads about this. anyway, I think this is a case of overactive imagination. Your story changed from 2010 to 2014, think about how much it has subconsciously changed since you first saw this thing. It was probably overactive imagination.

• Like 1

Ah crap I am posting on two of the same threads about this. anyway, I think this is a case of overactive imagination. Your story changed from 2010 to 2014, think about how much it has subconsciously changed since you first saw this thing. It was probably overactive imagination.

No. I didn't give all of the details my first time. The only things I added was that website I went to and the part about its arms and legs being inverted. When I read my orignal post as I was editing the grammar, I was a little surprised that I didn't say that. It may sound really different because I re wrote a lot of it. (edit) And actually, it makes me really angry with a sense of indignation when people say I made this up. I didn't. Period. Edited by tomatoedrama

And actually, it makes me really angry with a sense of indignation when people say I made this up. I didn't. Period.

As this is an open discussion forum so you have to live with the fact that ppl say you made this up. No matter If that makes

you angry or not. Period.

And why do you think it was an alien?

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

No. I didn't give all of the details my first time. The only things I added was that website I went to and the part about its arms and legs being inverted. When I read my orignal post as I was editing the grammar, I was a little surprised that I didn't say that. It may sound really different because I re wrote a lot of it. (edit) And actually, it makes me really angry with a sense of indignation when people say I made this up. I didn't. Period.

I didn't intend to upset you, I apologize if I gave you that impression. I don't want it to seem like I am calling you a liar or anything of the sort. I just know that I was a kid who had a vivid imagination so it wouldn't surprise me if others were similar.

Edited by woodsbooger

As this is an open discussion forum so you have to live with the fact that ppl say you made this up. No matter If that makes

you angry or not. Period.

And why do you think it was an alien?

Your right. I do have to and am accepting more that people will say things like that. I said what I said about me being angry to try prove to people I didn't make it up. Not saying I wasn't really angry, I was, but I don't think anything else will change minds. But anyways, I thought it was an alien because it is the only thing I could think it could be. When you see something like that, your pretty limited on what it could be in your mind. So for me, I am assuming that it being alien is the most likely explanation. Though, maybe it was a dimensional being or creature from earth that isn't discovered yet.

I didn't intend to upset you, I apologize if I gave you that impression. I don't want it to seem like I am calling you a liar or anything of the sort. I just know that I was a kid who had a vivid imagination so it wouldn't surprise me if others were similar.

I understand, thanks.

Your right. I do have to and am accepting more that people will say things like that. I said what I said about me being angry to try prove to people I

didn't make it up. Not saying I wasn't really angry, I was, but I don't think anything else will change minds. But anyways, I thought it was an alien

because it is the only thing I could think it could be. When you see something like that, your pretty limited on what it could be in your mind. So for

me, I am assuming that it being alien is the most likely explanation. Though, maybe it was a dimensional being or creature from earth that isn't

discovered yet.

So in summary you are talking about something that you allegedly experienced at an age of 7, now you are 18, and you are still in the opinion

that you saw an alien or "dimensional being", what ever that should mean, and placed yr story again? Time to wake up.

And as per my opinion the whole story is a.) a misinterpretation of whatever or b.) a fairy tale.

• Like 1

Since you've posted this before and have asked about it for some years:

Have you found anyone who has seen something similar?

Have you found a description of any legend or cryptid or myth that describes a similar creature?

Were you living in Corpus Christi at the time?

Any rumors of similar sightings where you lived at the time?

Or has this been one long dead end?

You said it was late at night when you saw it. How well lit was your roof?

You were 7, were you extremely tired by any chance, even half-asleep? Just awoken from a dream?

Have you looked into all the real wildlife (even a large housecat) in that area that could have been on your roof and when combined with darkness, distance from you, your young age and sleepiness and imagination (and now time since the sighting and your recollection) it seemed then or has become this odd creature?

Where had you just come home from? Movie? Party?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Sound like an iguana, they can be big and climb walls and have legs kind of like you described.

• Like 1

Since you've posted this before and have asked about it for some years:

Have you found anyone who has seen something similar?

Have you found a description of any legend or cryptid or myth that describes a similar creature?

Were you living in Corpus Christi at the time?

Any rumors of similar sightings where you lived at the time?

Or has this been one long dead end?

You said it was late at night when you saw it. How well lit was your roof?

You were 7, were you extremely tired by any chance, even half-asleep? Just awoken from a dream?

Have you looked into all the real wildlife (even a large housecat) in that area that could have been on your roof and when combined with darkness, distance from you, your young age and sleepiness and imagination (and now time since the sighting and your recollection) it seemed then or has become this odd creature?

Where had you just come home from? Movie? Party?

Before I answer your question Quitecontrary, I forgot-just like the first time I shared this story-that the creature's body glowed orange and yellow and was fluorescent. Yeah, so because of that, and the lights that automatically come on when you drive up to the garage, I could see really well. Oh, and the roof was fairly close to the ground.Ok, so now to your questions. I have never seen anything similar to this. No, I have never found any myths, cryptids, or legends that are close to this. I was living in Corpus Christi at the time. No, no similar sightings reported. But, then again I wasn't allowed to go outside and go into other peoples homes so I wouldn't know honestly. Yes, this has been a very long dead end. I believe that no one will ever tell me the right answer to what I saw, or what it meant. I was wide awake. My urge to sleep was normal. I think I came home from my grandparents and no, I have never looked into the probability of how many wild animals could have been the creature. All in all, this is a mystery I haven't solved. Kinda crappy.

Sound like an iguana, they can be big and climb walls and have legs kind of like you described.

A 6ft tall iguana? lol
  • Like 1

No, no similar sightings reported. But, then again I wasn't allowed to go outside and go into other peoples homes so I wouldn't know honestly.

What do you mean here? Why weren't you allowed to go outside? Do you mean that same night you saw this creature? Why would you need to go into others' homes to know if any other sightings were reported?

You were in school, yes? You could have heard something from other kids at school, friends? Your parents (other adults) could have talked about other sightings, read something in the newspaper, etc.

Chupacabra sightings were "numerous" in northern Mexico and southwest U.S. in the 90's. And even if it did not look exactly like a chupacabra, hearing people talk about it could have influenced what you saw. Chupacabra has been described as having yellow glowing eyes, 4 limbs, lizard-like not hairy, claws, etc, similar in a roundabout way to your OP pic?

Edited by QuiteContrary

What do you mean here? Why weren't you allowed to go outside? Do you mean that same night you saw this creature? Why would you need to go into others' homes to know if any other sightings were reported?

You were in school, yes? You could have heard something from other kids at school, friends? Your parents (other adults) could have talked about other sightings, read something in the newspaper, etc.

Chupacabra sightings were "numerous" in northern Mexico and southwest U.S. in the 90's. And even if did not look exactly like a chupacabra, hearing people talk about it could have influenced what you saw. Chupacabra has been described as having yellow glowing eyes, standing upright with 4 limbs, lizard-like not hairy, claws, etc, similar in a roundabout way to your OP pic?

That is the most similar thing I have been presented with. Thanks. I lived a generally sheltered life; especially in my childhood. Because of that, I wasn't allowed to go outside and explore. And no, no one said anything about strange creatures at school. But, a number of kids talked about ghost experiences.
  • Like 1

Before I answer your question Quitecontrary, I forgot-just like the first time I shared this story-that the creature's body glowed orange and yellow and was fluorescent. Yeah, so because of that, and the lights that automatically come on when you drive up to the garage, I could see really well. Oh, and the roof was fairly close to the ground.Ok, so now to your questions. I have never seen anything similar to this. No, I have never found any myths, cryptids, or legends that are close to this. I was living in Corpus Christi at the time. No, no similar sightings reported. But, then again I wasn't allowed to go outside and go into other peoples homes so I wouldn't know honestly. Yes, this has been a very long dead end. I believe that no one will ever tell me the right answer to what I saw, or what it meant. I was wide awake. My urge to sleep was normal. I think I came home from my grandparents and no, I have never looked into the probability of how many wild animals could have been the creature. All in all, this is a mystery I haven't solved. Kinda crappy.

A 6ft tall iguana? lol

I find it a tad convenient that you "forgot" a huge detail like a fluorescent orange glow right up until someone comes up with a limited-visibility-related solution. If it was night, and your parent(s) were nearby and the thing was the size of an adult human, attached to a roof, and glowing a bright orange/yellow, I really can't think of a logical reason why any other person in the area would not have seen it. Unless it was a hallucination, dream, warped memory, or basically didn't actually exist.

I don't think you saw this thing. I think you probably saw something, but because you were so young, your memory has warped it over time into a fantastical story.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 1

So you have this topic about how your reality is unstable because you have had two major psychotic episodes, and then you claim to hve seen something years ago that it clearly not anything real.

Am I the only one seeing an association here?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

So you have this topic about how your reality is unstable because you have had two major psychotic episodes, and then you claim to hve seen something years ago that it clearly not anything real.

Am I the only one seeing an association here?

I hadn't read that other thread when I responded to this one, but it sure seems that OP has a very difficult time separating fact from fiction. Your point is very valid.

• Like 1

I hadn't read that other thread when I responded to this one, but it sure seems that OP has a very difficult time separating fact from fiction. Your point is very valid.

Not trying to call dude out, but come on. Pretty clear what happened here.