Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Question about bullys

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005
    Have a SUPER SPARKLEY DAY

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

Does anyone know where I can find information about preventing bullying, or what consequences there should be. All I can find is to have the bully read a book or tell a story about being a good friend. I really need to know if there are any ways to help the child stop being bullied and I can't find anything.

Commit random acts of kindness

Careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!

#2    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Wow...I do not have kids but I can imagine what it must be like, especially today with the internet. I wish there was an easy solution. The only thing I can say is NOT to retaliate. Kids can be the cruelest turds in existence and feeding fuel to bully is far worse than an internet troll. The best solution from someone who doesn't have kids is to teach the bullied to deal with it as difficult as that may seem (not by responding). If the bully starts to take things into the realm of illegal then move forward with authorities.

Good luck, hope you can find something more useful than I have said :tu:

There will always be bullies well into adulthood.

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postbacca, on 12 February 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Does anyone know where I can find information about preventing bullying, or what consequences there should be. All I can find is to have the bully read a book or tell a story about being a good friend. I really need to know if there are any ways to help the child stop being bullied and I can't find anything.
I have yet to find a good resource, each situation is different. How old is your child? And what exactly is happening?

Edited by Seeker79, 12 February 2013 - 05:24 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,823 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Karate class.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#5    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,651 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postbacca, on 12 February 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

In My opinion: Put your son in martial arts, period. It is a great way to teach the skill level, give a sense of empowermet that comes with being able to stand up for oneself and others. My youngest has been in jui jitsu since he was little and not only can he watch his own back, he is not afraid to speak up for a kid who cannot.

http://www.stopbullying.gov/

Edited by Sherapy, 12 February 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#6    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

Bullying never stops, not really. If one bully is put down, two more will take their place like a virus. Some people are just more bully prone than others, it's a sad fact of life but the only advice from experience I can give (if you want it) is to teach the person in question to stand up to those b******* no matter what and to stare them in the eye. Bullies play on fear and get a kick out of inflicting it and trust me, they become infuriated when  their intimidation is not met with fear.

I find that it's always 'outsiders' who get the flack, but better to be an outsider and not a prick, than in the in-crowd and be a douche.

Remember: It's all fear. Once that's extinguished it'll get easier.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#7    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

The problem is that this other child has been bullying my son all year. I have talked to the school guidance department, had him put into a program with a psychologist at school etc. All to help him learn to deal with bullying etc. The school has been aware of the prob all year and they have done things like peer mediation. Yesterday the child physically pushed my son, he pushed back and ended up getting punched in the head. And the school suspended him for there days. I do not feel that my child is safe and I am not pleased but I can find nothing about how to deal with the situation other than to tell my son to deal with it, walk away and know that the school won't do anything either. I'm so mad I don't know what to do at this point....Hence I'm hoping that someone knew of some options :(

#8    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,535 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Is it a private school or a public one?
Private schools have more leeway in dealing with bullying, but even the public school can exclude bullies (or at least they can in Australia).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 16,082 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

If the school won't do anything I think I would find out what the police can do. Assault is assault isn't it, no matter what age?

#10    bacca

bacca

Puppet master of Vision

• 2,432 posts

• Allasourous
    Jan 2003-Sept 25 2005

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostMichelle, on 12 February 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

If the school won't do anything I think I would find out what the police can do. Assault is assault isn't it, no matter what age?

At this point the principle does not want to say that the fact that this boy has bullied my son all year has anything to do with yesterdays problem. The school I'm sure has it's own agenda and the bully looks good for school grades/scores....I'm working on what to do, where to take it, and of course holding my own temper in check...I have a problem when the school makes my child into a victim on purpose...it is a public school so the next option is the school board...but without something to back me up i'm worried they will do nothing to help.

#11    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,329 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Don't worry about proving anything.  Just take it to a higher authority, speak your mind, and document everything.  Then follow up later.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#12    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

tell the kid to kick the bully in the balls and he will stop bullying lol. or call the school and complain,
bullys are kids that are scared or that come from a broken homes and have other issues. its sad that a kid has to worry about going to school and get bullyed.ok i just read that the shcool dont wanna do anything go to a school borad meeting and see what they have to say or call the local news.
its a shame that they dont wanna help it sounds like this kid is a jock. and get plenty of wintness
and get a laywer

Edited by coolguy, 13 February 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#13    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,651 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postbacca, on 12 February 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

The problem is that this other child has been bullying my son all year. I have talked to the school guidance department, had him put into a program with a psychologist at school etc. All to help him learn to deal with bullying etc. The school has been aware of the prob all year and they have done things like peer mediation. Yesterday the child physically pushed my son, he pushed back and ended up getting punched in the head. And the school suspended him for there days. I do not feel that my child is safe and I am not pleased but I can find nothing about how to deal with the situation other than to tell my son to deal with it, walk away and know that the school won't do anything either. I'm so mad I don't know what to do at this point....Hence I'm hoping that someone knew of some options :(

You could take him out of the situation, change schools, go to independent study for a while. Talk to the parents, put him in martial arts, tell the school you are going to take your son out due to the dangerous enviornment, you could call the police (even better if you know one personally.) Sometimes they can stop by the home and talk to the bully. it sounds like the school is not of much help, or very advanced in dealing with bullys.
Each of my sons had experiences with bullying, I have felt as you frustrated and dissappointed that all the "prescribed" ways do a whole lot of nothing  and at times actually made things worse.  I think we have to keep trying till we find a way, I eventually found solutions. Martial arts is what a lot of parents do here in CA. It seems to empower kids to have a way to disarm a bully.  It may not work for everyone but it worked for us.

#14    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 22,651 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Postbacca, on 13 February 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

At this point the principle does not want to say that the fact that this boy has bullied my son all year has anything to do with yesterdays problem. The school I'm sure has it's own agenda and the bully looks good for school grades/scores....I'm working on what to do, where to take it, and of course holding my own temper in check...I have a problem when the school makes my child into a victim on purpose...it is a public school so the next option is the school board...but without something to back me up i'm worried they will do nothing to help.

Keep trying till you find a way.

#15    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

The guy that mentioned Karate Class has it right. I would actually avoid 99% of karate schools like the plague. What you need to teach your son is proper punching techniques as well as get a punching bag and teach the kid to punch without breaking his hands. I dealt with bullying a lot growing up. I used to be afraid to fight. I wasn't afraid of the fight itself but losing the fight in front of people is what bothered me. What you need to do is get your kid to punch that kid square  in the nose as hard as he can when he gets back to school. Take the week suspension and life will be great throughout the rest of school. Kids prey on the kids that don't want to fight. If you are willing to fight, kids want no part of that at all. Your kid will have to fight at least one time to keep from being bullied.

I do not encourage violence but sometimes it is necessary. Teach your kid to fight, then let that kid put the other kid in check. Not only will it help your kid, but it will teach the bully that bullying is not such a great idea. You can be an overprotective parent in that aspect but you can count on the bullying continuing. You need to let your child show some strength.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users