Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Melba Ketchun on AM Coast to Coast

keninsc

Ketchum will be on Sunday night February 17, if anyone wants to catch it.

Well, the show isn't known for asking tough questions, so my guess is she's going to be allowed to give "her side" of the story. However, she did specifically state back in November the paper was under peer review, turns out is wasn't and never was apparently and she published via a vanity press. Which simply means she paid a printer to print it up for her, It is true that many a good theoretical paper has begun life that way, however when you're charging people to see it........well, that just don't look good.

Still, I think I'd love to hear what she has to say about it, should be good for a laugh or two.

Does CtC allow phone-in questioning?

Sadly I'm on the wrong side of the globe..

• Like 1

Yes they do, I don't know if they be doing that with her. I suspect that with all the controversy..........which isn't so much controversy as it is BS. They might forego telephone questions for her.

However!!!! I see no reason you can't email them your questions. Maybe, just maybe, they'll include it in the show.

I also know you can hook up with the show via Skype. I know George loves technology and I think he's got his own issues with all the BS going on lately in the Bigfoot community. So, please, hook them up with questions.

Edited by keninsc

Yes they do, I don't know if they be doing that with her. I suspect that with all the controversy..........which isn't so much controversy as it is BS. They might forego telephone questions for her.

They'd miss some likely very interesting exchanges. I can see them taking questions, and if it gets too iffy, Noory would direct the attention away and move on. If no caller exchanges, the only discussion would be her giving her spiel, and George being patronizing. That's how it always is.

• Like 1

They'd miss some likely very interesting exchanges. I can see them taking questions, and if it gets too iffy, Noory would direct the attention away and move on. If no caller exchanges, the only discussion would be her giving her spiel, and George being patronizing. That's how it always is.

I get where you're coming from on that but George isn't known for confrontation on his show. Although with all the stuff going on about Ketchum and her report I don't see how he can avoid asking about it. Thing is he'll probably ask something like, "Dr. Ketchum, would you like a address any of the criticism about your report since it's release?" And she say something which doesn't address anything and that will be the end of it. I love AMCTC, but there are times I wish it would be just a bit more objective.

I don't know if that's the right word or not, but just a bit more questioning.

Edited by keninsc

Just found this nice article, about the DeNovo Journal of Science, set up on February 4th, by Ketchum, to "publish" their work and pretend it peer reviewed, however, there is no indication it ever was.

Read the below article, very interesting.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/34395/title/Bigfoot-DNA-is-Bunk/

• Like 1

Just found this nice article, about the DeNovo Journal of Science, set up on February 4th, by Ketchum, to "publish" their work and pretend it peer reviewed, however, there is no indication it ever was.

Read the below article, very interesting.

http://www.the-scien...ot-DNA-is-Bunk/

DeNovo "Accelerating Science"

Now, anyone who wants to believe this stuff has a "scientific" journal to reference.

I can see one or two involved, but who are all the scientists? (authors) she's spoken of associated with this DNA Study? There is a list on the journal's website.

"Anything submitted to DeNovo Publishing should not be published elsewhere." Now there is a foregone conclusion!

http://www.denovojournal.com/

Anything submitted to DeNovo Publishing should not be published elsewhere

I would rather get that colonoscopy I've been avoiding than listen to either one of those nut jobs.

I'm sure she is going to demonize real science and play on the already existing multitude of conspiracy theories in the crypto community. This chick is a total looser and so is anyone that believes anything that comes out of her mouth, or her DNA tests.

• Like 1

I would rather get that colonoscopy I've been avoiding than listen to either one of those nut jobs.

I'm sure she is going to demonize real science and play on the already existing multitude of conspiracy theories in the crypto community. This chick is a total looser and so is anyone that believes anything that comes out of her mouth, or her DNA tests.

At least with the colonoscopy you know what you're getting, with Ketchum once you face down you just never know what's going in.

:w00t:

• Like 2

Well, listening to her will definitely be like a virtual colonoscopy...

butt, wanna hear her anyway...

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I'm the same way, it's just one of those things that I just wanna hear what she has to say about it. I think it's all bogus but then I just gotta watch it for some crazy reason.

• Like 1

I wish that she had an established and respected team of scientists assisting her. It would give her results more heft. Her current findings seem to be a bit fuzzy, and some openminded mainstream geneticists could answer some questions about the exact species mentioned in her findings. I hope that someone like Jeff Meldrum gets involved in this.

No need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story. It's evancj's feelings that I think are a bit more dangerous, in not wanting to see or hear something because they are just 'sure' of what they will hear, and don't want to. Who knows what he might miss learning.

I'm the same way, it's just one of those things that I just wanna hear what she has to say about it. I think it's all bogus but then I just gotta watch it for some crazy reason.

I don't believe I'll be converted. :no: Noooooo :no:

But it's like a "how low can she go" curiosity

And what all is she selling that some are actually buying

Plus, when some start quoting a particular peer reviewed scientific journal, I'll be familiar with its painful and demonic birth :td:

Edited by QuiteContrary

Imo, if you claim to personally know habituators and have seen these creatures at these sites yourself, as she claims to have done,

you wouldn't need 100 DNA samples from all over the country/world fraught with secrecy and debate and questionable science to prove their existence.

Unless...wait for it...wait for it... there are no creatures! :tsu:

• Like 1

Oh I agree, but I think there is some sort of conspiracy-like thing going on, at least in my mind, there are too many consistencies going on. Ketchum's self-published report which never was peer reviewed, then sudden Dyer's got another body and his now infamous tent footage. Then this guy Musky Allen, who there is no record of before 2006 or so and claims to be a huge skeptic is converted to being a believer after he's seen "the body", much like Saul on the road to Tarsus.......and oh yeah. There's this film maker who's mentioned all over but not talking himself or......as far as I know......made any comments about this mysterious film that's supposed to be in the works.

Now I will have to say that if I shot a Bigfoot, I might well be quiet about it until I got the results from some real scientists for verification purposes, but these guys are out dropping little bombs of information then jumping behind the veil of legal permission and they all signed these secrecy and non-disclosure agrees, apparently in blood.....but they keep talking about it, until someone tries to get some real information out of them, then they jump behind the secrecy thing again.

My own feeling is there is a huge scam in the works and it involves several people.

*snip*

and the new Saul, Paul, spent a bit-o-time in jails

Yeah, conversion can be a real b1tch at times.

No need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story. It's evancj's feelings that I think are a bit more dangerous, in not wanting to see or hear something because they are just 'sure' of what they will hear, and don't want to. Who knows what he might miss learning.

You are right, there is "no need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story", and I don't think I suggested that anyone should. I have been following this scam for years, so why would I tell anyone they should not do the same? There is no danger in me sharing my distaste in listening to her lies (again). What is dangerous is perpetrators of junk science like Ketchum et al are actually convincing the ignorant among us that real science is bogus.

What I clearly stated was that if you buy what she is selling and you believe her side of the story is real scientific fact, then you are a fool, and I stand by this statement.

Edited by evancj

You are right, there is "no need to feel badly for wanting to see someone else's side of the story", and I don't think I suggested that anyone should.

He seemed to be wanting to have to justify his desire to listen to the broadcast. Nothing to do with what you said.

What I clearly stated was that if you buy what she is selling and you believe her side of the story is real scientific fact, then you are a fool, and I stand by this statement.

No need to defend yourself. I just still think it's less than satisfactory to not want to hear something because you assume you know what is going to be said. You can miss a lot of new stuff that way.

No need to defend yourself. I just still think it's less than satisfactory to not want to hear something because you assume you know what is going to be said. You can miss a lot of new stuff that way.

The thing is, she's said a lot already. No need to guess anymore. A brief summary of her "results" are posted on her new scifi journal website DeNovo.

Edited by QuiteContrary

With that line of reasoning, I guess I should watch every episode of the Kardashians on off chance I might learn something.