Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ghost Photographed In London Dominion Theatre

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,981 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 25 October 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Without having looked at the rest of the tread, I reckon it'll not belong before someone say's its photoshopped or a ghost app. That's how predictable this forum has become.

Personally there's only one explanation that I'm prepared to give: it's a ghost.

No, that is how predictable these claims have been....

By the way, I said it was real, so there.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Without having looked at the rest of the tread, I reckon it'll not belong before someone say's its photoshopped or a ghost app. That's how predictable this forum has become.

Personally there's only one explanation that I'm prepared to give: it's a ghost.

Wow you're right.  The realism is astounding.  It could be nothing else but a ghost.  I can't believe I didn't see it at first.

Wonder if the haunting is a residual one?  Wish Ghosthunters would go there and do a 2 hour special.

#18    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

The problem is that even if it were somehow real then it wouldn't matter as it's all down to personal perception and we'll never know the actual truth anyway, it LOOKS like a poor photoshop effort but then again there are compelling pics floating about that look like the correct presence of a ghost but the majority of them are bound to be fake.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#19    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,025 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:26 AM

Let's just face it, ghosts are photo bombing us.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#20    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,920 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Why are people so eager to denounced it as some sort of obvious Photoshop fakery?  It doesn't look obviously faked to me.

I don't think it's a ghost, but I don't get the kneejerk reaction of people on these forums to declare that it is an obvious fakery when I can see anything obvious about it.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#21    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,981 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:06 AM

View PostArchimedes, on 26 October 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

Why are people so eager to denounced it as some sort of obvious Photoshop fakery?  It doesn't look obviously faked to me.

I don't think it's a ghost, but I don't get the kneejerk reaction of people on these forums to declare that it is an obvious fakery when I can see anything obvious about it.

Because not one " ghost " has ever been proven to be real, not even close.

Picture altering has, since the beginning of photography. We have plenty ( more then plenty ) of proven hoaxes to look at, and learn from. We do not have any for a real ghost.

" if it smells like a rat, it must be a rat "

Occam's Razor

one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#22    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 2,920 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostSakari, on 26 October 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Because not one " ghost " has ever been proven to be real, not even close.
That in itself does not justify concluding that a claimed picture of a ghost is a Photoshop fake.  In this case, to me it just looks like a person behind the couple.

I don't see the obviousness of the supposed Photoshop faking.

Picture altering has, since the beginning of photography. We have plenty ( more then plenty ) of proven hoaxes to look at, and learn from. We do not have any for a real ghost.
But how does that lead anyone to conclude the picture has been edited in something like Photoshop as opposed to simply being a setup on location?

one should not increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything
I'm familiar with Occam's razor, and it is a useful tool to not believe ghost photos are real unless they've got something else very compelling to add to the picture.  Occam's razor can't be used to tell whether or not a photo has been edited in a photo manipulation package like Photoshop. Some familiarity with Photoshop is necessary to try and detect something like that.

I'm not questioning the conclusion that it's probably a fake.  I'm questioning the supposed analysis of "LOL! It's clearly a Photoshop.  I can tell because of the pixels and having seen some Photoshops in my day".

If it's a Photoshop, then it's a relatively good one as they have even gone to the trouble of accurately recreating the noisy effect on the "ghost" the rest of the photo shows, indicative of probably been taken with a small sensored camera indoors like a typical phone camera (and without flash).

My opinion is it's much more likely to be a simple set-up, or random capture of someone behind the couple, than a photoshop.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#23    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostArchimedes, on 26 October 2012 - 04:44 AM, said:

I played around with the image and haven't found any flaws that show Photoshop fakery yet. It's hard to tell because the image has been recompressed so all the tell-tale signs of two separate composed images have been smeared together making it look really good. The blacks in the foreground are slightly purple as is the "ghost" so that's a good match. The only thing I can see that's slightly suspicious is that the light areas of the "ghost" are noisier than similar light areas of the the rest of the image but it's pretty close. So if it's a fake, someone either did a good job or just did a low-tech job of holding a picture of a ghost behind them. There does appear to be something like a shadow behind the woman's shoulder.

#24    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

i think it could be an actual picture behind them, like a poster for a horror movie type thing.
i don't know much about photoshop other than when the image is obviously done, but this just looks too fake to be anything but fake. lol

#25    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Wow you're right.  The realism is astounding.  It could be nothing else but a ghost.  I can't believe I didn't see it at first.

Wonder if the haunting is a residual one?  Wish Ghosthunters would go there and do a 2 hour special.
orrrrrr
maybe they'll even do a whole new series based around it!

#26    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostJGirl, on 26 October 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

i think it could be an actual picture behind them, like a poster for a horror movie type thing.

It's awfully convenient that the couple is posed so all edges of a poster behind them would be blocked. The ghost also doesn't have the traditional transparency we've seen in other ghost pictures.

#27    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

View Postscowl, on 26 October 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

It's awfully convenient that the couple is posed so all edges of a poster behind them would be blocked. The ghost also doesn't have the traditional transparency we've seen in other ghost pictures.
yes i agree, i'm suggesting they took the pic knowing it was there and placed themselves deliberately for the effect
the ghost is too solid and too different in 'texture' as well. i don't mean in pixels - it's something i can't really explain but i know it when i see it

#28    Realm

Realm

• 1,996 posts

• "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
    Albert Einstein

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

I'd say it was a girl in white makeup behind them before I'd jump on the ghost bandwagon. People hoax things all the time, so I'd say this girl was
in on the hoax, and of course they swear no one was behind them, just them in the theatre,  blah  bla  bla  bla  etc..

#29    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

View PostJGirl, on 26 October 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

i don't know much about photoshop other than when the image is obviously done, but this just looks too fake to be anything but fake. lol

That is exactly what I think it is also... A poster/picture of some sort behind the couple...

Posted Image

#30    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,300 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

View PostSakari, on 25 October 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

No, that is how predictable these claims have been....

By the way, I said it was real, so there.

AWESOME! lol Funny as always my friend.

View Postcoldethyl, on 25 October 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

lol!!!!! :clap:

View PostDancingCorpse, on 25 October 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

The problem is that even if it were somehow real then it wouldn't matter as it's all down to personal perception and we'll never know the actual truth anyway, it LOOKS like a poor photoshop effort but then again there are compelling pics floating about that look like the correct presence of a ghost but the majority of them are bound to be fake.

I recently commented on another forum and it seems to fit perfectly here. So, I'm going to add it:

This statement always makes me laugh. When pictures are provided, they're never accepted as "evidence" or proof. This brings us to an ongoing conundrum. What, if anything, would be an accepted medium for "proof?"  You see, the problem lays with the internet itself. We've been flooded with millions of faked, forged, insanely real but still hoaxed media: ie; pictures, video clips, testimony, audio files etc. Due to this, an absolutely genuine article could be presented to the world and it would automatically be discounted as fake.

This is why websites such as this are rather funny to me in that aspect. People get on here to present "evidence" and try to prove, disprove etc but, it's always the same. No breakthroughs will be accomplished here. No proof of Extraterrestrial Life, Ghosts, Demons, or Cryptids will be established here. To believe so is just uneducated non-sense lol. And the reason being what I previously mentioned in this response.

However, if you're coming to websites and communities such as this to learn, discuss theories, pastevents, current events and share News about these subjects and just make online friends of a like mindset, then more power to ya! That's exactly why I come. However, I believe it's time for people to start waking up, pull their heads out of the clouds, and face reality. If you're wanting be the person to make these discoveries and find actual "evidence," then get off the computer and start your research in the real world.

I just commented above and think you should read it. Might help you out a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users