Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A New Religion

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,716 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

:gun: :gun: :gun:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 12 July 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

:gun: :gun: :gun:

I am going to set my cat on you  hissssssssssssssss   !!!.................After she finishes her supper, then you are for it !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 13 July 2013 - 12:02 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

Floating the idea of starting a new religion to make money takes some heavy-duty, solid iron cannonballs. Not even Jesus got into such a groove. That being said, may all your adherents be extremely poor and unable to underwrite your fantasy, and may your works of love and charity be free as well as numerous. Bless you in your selfless endeavors.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#49    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,716 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 13 July 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

I am going to set my cat on you  hissssssssssssssss   !!!.................After she finishes her supper, then you are for it !!

If she does what my cat does when finishes her supper I have nothing to fear. zzzzzzzzz

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#50    Arbenol

Arbenol

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 July 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

No wait...

Bacon and chocolate don't mix.. <_<  I am making it an abomination ...Whoever eats bacon in the same way they would chocolate, or both together, is an abomination before the goddess..May the chocolate stains be forever on their faces  lol

Now, this is the kind of religious intolerance I have no time for. It employs the either / or fallacy, and is responsible for some of the worst atrocities in the history of the human race.

There's no theological justification to proclaim that bacon and chocolate cannot co-exist. For example, chocolate everyday - bacon butties on a friday. Works for me.

However, whomsoever would consume bacon and chocolate simultaneously is clearly in league with The Dark One. Crucifixion's too good for them.

:devil:

#51    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,663 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 10 July 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

So what do you do if something is both a religion and a scam?

Drown it in a bathtub then bury it in a hole so deep it can never claw its way back out?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#52    alibongo

alibongo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:56 AM

View Postwillowdreams, on 12 July 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Everyone needs to be naked as much as possible.

http://www.azlyrics....ynameismud.html

I LIKE this thinking. This is the sort of creative thinking I need. Everyone is keen on naked.
I am also impressed with the conflict being expressed about bacon vs. chocolate. Every religion needs good and evil, and sacrosanct rules. Preferably illogical. Even to question these rules will be to demonstrate wavering faith.

Edited by alibongo, 13 July 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#53    alibongo

alibongo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 July 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

Ha ha nice one

No wait...

Bacon and chocolate don't mix.. <_<  I am making it an abomination ...Whoever eats bacon in the same way they would chocolate, or both together, is an abomination before the goddess..May the chocolate stains be forever on their faces  lol

I will be a goddess who will demand sacrifices... Each month, ( conveniently)  I will gladly accept any home made chocolate fudge cake, those who do not comply will be sent to chocolate hell, where they will be made suffer eating chocolate that has passed it's sell by date for eternity !!!

Ohh dear, it just gets more ridiculous as it goes  lol :P
Great! Let's have a few abominations! I hadn't thought of that! Let's have some Original Sin too- now I am thinking: in the beginning, everyone loved bacon, then chocolate was introduced....or the other way around.

#54    alibongo

alibongo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 10 July 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

I would rather worship the dog. Give her a belly scratch and she is good. I worship the dog and you worship the cat now we'll have to go to war to see which is one true and loving God of peace.
Now THAT is what I need! Let us kill each other to demonstrate who is the most tolerant and loving! Of course, we do not need to actually do it, but we can demonstrate our kindness by threatening hostility and retribution! There  are some cracking ideas (or should I say, crackling ideas) around!

#55    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

i found your post so funny i spoke with someone about it today outside my family *shocker for me too*.. they laughed and said.. are they making their own god too? if so, tell them to use duct tape!

so there you have it

duct tape

now.. if you put duct tape to nudity.. what would it equal? no hair of course.

*ok, now i am afraid of how my mind is working*

Posted Image

#56    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

http://www.apath.org...g_religion.html

Posted Image

#57    alibongo

alibongo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

View Postwillowdreams, on 13 July 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

That is good stuff! The only, and big, difference is, I am not peddling snake oil or taking the Michael, like everyone else. My religion is the only one and true one. It is the real deal. It explains why we exist, and what happens after death. I'll be looking for Apostles soon (initially on commission only, after that we will look at salaries and possibly pensions),would you be interested?

#58    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:18 AM

View Postalibongo, on 13 July 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

That is good stuff! The only, and big, difference is, I am not peddling snake oil or taking the Michael, like everyone else. My religion is the only one and true one. It is the real deal. It explains why we exist, and what happens after death. I'll be looking for Apostles soon (initially on commission only, after that we will look at salaries and possibly pensions),would you be interested?

only if i get to join for free, be naked playing in the mud.. and duct tape can be my new bestest friend *winkwink*

Posted Image

#59    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,250 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

This theme has passed the sublime and is well into the ridiculous

#60    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 13 July 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

This theme has passed the sublime and is well into the ridiculous

now we can say it is a true religion

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users