Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Peace-prize winning Pakistani girl on Taliban

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,791 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Still waiting for the links Pockets.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#32    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 17 October 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

An exceptional gift young girl? You know there are language schools in 3rd world countries, and children younger than 14  learn to be fluent in more than one language. Speaking English in Pakistan or India is not such a rarity!

The question should be what kind of stable sane person aims a gun at a school girl's head and shoots

I guess that is the answer we will go with today. I understand as children in european-asian countries are fluent in three languages easily. I am not saying that is a rarity but the rarity of such strong support is.

From the report the person did not even enter the bus.

#33    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 17 October 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Still waiting for the links Pockets.

For what links? These are just my opinions.

Why do you insult her religion freely with no problem but somehow sympathize when it fits ?

#34    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 17 October 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

I guess that is the answer we will go with today. I understand as children in european-asian countries are fluent in three languages easily. I am not saying that is a rarity but the rarity of such strong support is.

From the report the person did not even enter the bus.

Deliberately attempting to assassinate a 14 years old is an outrage and frankly a very cowardly inexcusable act. It would have been a rare thing if it did not elicit an outcry! We are not talking about collateral damage but a deliberate criminal act

#35    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,791 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

You're right, I do insult your's and her religion and this stuff is why.  It is not as y'all say a "religion of peace." None of the Abrahamic religions are.    I am not sympathizing at all and I am not going to.  This is a horrible tragedy and you are making foolish statements you have pulled out your rectum.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#36    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 17 October 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

Deliberately attempting to assassinate a 14 years old is an outrage and frankly a very cowardly inexcusable act. It would have been a rare thing if it did not elicit an outcry! We are not talking about collateral damage but a deliberate criminal act

I am not supporting the attack but just questioning the information surrounding the whole incident.

I see that you are passionate towards the subject but how is it not cowardly to kill 8+ innocent civilians with a drone attack as you sit behind a computer. This is very hypocritical of the american media.

#37    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

You're right, I do insult your's and her religion and this stuff is why.  It is not as y'all say a "religion of peace." None of the Abrahamic religions are.    I am not sympathizing at all and I am not going to.  This is a horrible tragedy and you are making foolish statements you have pulled out your rectum.

It is a religion of peace but what is a person to do when their country is falling apart and there are attacks from the Pakistani army as well as american. People can only be stretched so far. Our family isn't being killed, we dont have to worry about military pressure and the job market doesnt consist mostly of low quality jobs. Maybe you will be able to relate when your house is being bombed.

#38    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 17 October 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

I am not supporting the attack but just questioning the information surrounding the whole incident.

I see that you are passionate towards the subject but how is it not cowardly to kill 8+ innocent civilians with a drone attack as you sit behind a computer. This is very hypocritical of the american media.

I am not American, I am Egyptian, and a mother so yes I am passionate about denouncing the shooting of school girls!

Worse than being killed by a foreigner is being killed treacherously by a fellow country man who is claiming to murder for the glory of the country. One cannot decry the killing of civilians by Americans while remaining silent about intra-Pakistani killings, and yet still take a stand. Murdering innocents is wrong no matter whose finger is on the trigger

Edited by meryt-tetisheri, 17 October 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#39    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,791 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 17 October 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

It is a religion of peace but what is a person to do when their country is falling apart and there are attacks from the Pakistani army as well as american. People can only be stretched so far. Our family isn't being killed, we dont have to worry about military pressure and the job market doesnt consist mostly of low quality jobs. Maybe you will be able to relate when your house is being bombed.

I don't think I would be able to retaliate by killing a 14 year old girl. It had nothing to do with who is bombing who it had to do with a girl who wanted an education.  If it was about that why didn't they go after a solder.  What did this little girl have to with any of it?  You're just a troll and an idiot.

#40    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 17 October 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

I am not American, I am Egyptian, and a mother so yes I am passionate about denouncing the shooting of school girls!

Worse than being killed by a foreigner is being killed treacherously by a fellow country man who is claiming to murder for the glory of the country. One cannot decry the killing of civilians by Americans while remaining silent about intra-Pakistani killings, and yet still take a stand. Murdering innocents is wrong no matter whose finger is on the trigger

No reason to be silent over the issue but to question the authenticity from a source who rarely tells the truth is something that should not be done?

I am not trying to troll in any way. The young girl did not deserve this but I will not accept this story as filled with truth on all facts from CNN and such American sources. This is all that I am saying. If I offended anyone in the process then that was not my wish.

Edit: A Pakistani news source.

TTP not involved in murder attempt on Malala: Malik

http://www.nation.co...on-malala-malik

Edited by Uncle Pockets, 18 October 2012 - 07:42 AM.

#41    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,902 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

Just saw this article - an interview with Malala's classmate and friend who remains defiant and in no doubt this was a shooting by the Taliban in retribution for the girls continuing to seek an education.

http://edition.cnn.c...html?hpt=hp_mid

Edit to add: for those wondering how Malala came to be so educated - her father is the Principal at her school and is currently with his daughter as she fights for her life in a hospital in England.

Edited by libstaK, 18 October 2012 - 10:04 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#42    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 18 October 2012 - 06:50 AM, said:

No reason to be silent over the issue but to question the authenticity from a source who rarely tells the truth is something that should not be done?

I am not trying to troll in any way. The young girl did not deserve this but I will not accept this story as filled with truth on all facts from CNN and such American sources. This is all that I am saying. If I offended anyone in the process then that was not my wish.

Edit: A Pakistani news source.

http://www.nation.co...on-malala-malik

" it is unlikely that the attack was carried out by TTP but it looks like the handy work of a splinter group of TTP, which is working on a separate agenda."

Unlikely does not denote certainity or proof, but simply improbability or doubt : a possibility that may lead to a 'yes' or 'no'; i.e. the involvment of TTP is yet to be proven or disproven. The proposed alternative suspect is a splinter group of TTP so let's not split hairs here, we are talking about the same ideology, using the same means to arrive to a similar objective, different shades of the same color!

Both groups, and others of the same ilk, share a contempt for human life, a criminal bend of mind enough to ruthlessly murder even children; an overpowering sense of self-righteousness; enough conceit to elect themselves as the spokespeople of divine will; and a sense of self-entitlement that seeks to impose their beliefs on the hapless others. It doesn't make an iota of difference to the victims if they are maimed and murdered by a foreigner or a pious countryman. TTP or splinter group, their crimes are inexcusable and unjustifiable. Theirs is not a 'struggle' for the glory of God or country but for power and dominance, tyranny. I do not see how does slaughtering soldiers or shooting school girls factor in mitigating drone attacks!

The last point is that you seem to assume that local newsmedia do not have an agenda of their own or are not acting as the voice of their government. If you are assuming an agenda behind western media, you must be aware that the local media is also controlled.

#43    odas

odas

Poltergeist

• 2,758 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostDarkwind, on 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Darkwind, I believe I was clear what I think about this issue in my previous post. I dont think one can blame religion for that per se but the infividual or orgsnisation that is using religion as means to achive something. Please have in mind that the doctors who saved the young girl belong to the same religion.

#44    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

View Postmeryt-tetisheri, on 18 October 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

" it is unlikely that the attack was carried out by TTP but it looks like the handy work of a splinter group of TTP, which is working on a separate agenda."

Unlikely does not denote certainity or proof, but simply improbability or doubt : a possibility that may lead to a 'yes' or 'no'; i.e. the involvment of TTP is yet to be proven or disproven. The proposed alternative suspect is a splinter group of TTP so let's not split hairs here, we are talking about the same ideology, using the same means to arrive to a similar objective, different shades of the same color!

Both groups, and others of the same ilk, share a contempt for human life, a criminal bend of mind enough to ruthlessly murder even children; an overpowering sense of self-righteousness; enough conceit to elect themselves as the spokespeople of divine will; and a sense of self-entitlement that seeks to impose their beliefs on the hapless others. It doesn't make an iota of difference to the victims if they are maimed and murdered by a foreigner or a pious countryman. TTP or splinter group, their crimes are inexcusable and unjustifiable. Theirs is not a 'struggle' for the glory of God or country but for power and dominance, tyranny. I do not see how does slaughtering soldiers or shooting school girls factor in mitigating drone attacks!

The last point is that you seem to assume that local newsmedia do not have an agenda of their own or are not acting as the voice of their government. If you are assuming an agenda behind western media, you must be aware that the local media is also controlled.

the argument can be said the same about the secular Pakistani army who killed a large amount of children when they sieged the red mosque.

I would believe local reports more than CNN.

Also to add, she attended a Marxist youth program this July and was a speaker there.

http://www.marxist.c...ool-in-swat.htm

#45    meryt-tetisheri

meryt-tetisheri

Psychic Spy

• 1,228 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 18 October 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

the argument can be said the same about the secular Pakistani army who killed a large amount of children when they sieged the red mosque.

I would believe local reports more than CNN.

Also to add, she attended a Marxist youth program this July and was a speaker there.

http://www.marxist.c...ool-in-swat.htm

How does her attending a marxist youth program help explain what happened to her? Are marxist children to be considered legitimate targets? It becomes evident then that we are discussing a case in which the elimination of people who hold different ideologies or beliefs is regarded as justifiable, regardless of age, criminal tyranny in other words!

The difference between the killing of children by the 'secular' army and the shooting of Malala is intent. The first, also wrong, is collateral; the army did not launch its seige to kill those children, the shooting of the 14 years old was deliberate. I find your qualification of the army as 'secular' very interesting, would it make any difference or make it less wrong if the army was seen to be otherwise?

Believe me, local media reports are to be taken with fistfulls of salt. I do not know if you live in a developing country or not, but this is the first lesson citizens there learn. 'Reading between the lines' becomes an essential skill to make sense of the media.

Edited by meryt-tetisheri, 18 October 2012 - 02:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users